Page 2 of 3 123
    Mentor
    02-09-2010, 06:06 PM #11

MF article on Stern

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...th-sirius.aspx

see SL . . I think this again makes our point here!

So-what if Stern costs us more to re-up next year . . so what!

How much would we have had to pay for all of the free daily advertising in the MSM that we get between now and then . . . while the pissing-match is in full bloom (rhetorical question of course)

So all of the pissing & moaning between now and then will bring ears to satellite, and thus hopefully subscribers into the fold . . . bringing-in the added revenue needed to write the new contract and kiss & make-up!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-09-2010 at 06:12 PM.

02-09-2010, 07:26 PM #12
    http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/H...ver/34191.html

Here's some more free advertising for Sirius. Keep talking
    Howard.

BTW SRK, Great call back in December on the compliance issue/rs.
    That and being the winner in the Stock contest earns you Guru
    status here at the Buzz. Next time we have one of our conversations
    I will have to pay closer attention, and not let my mind wander.

Julietoo

02-10-2010, 10:50 AM #13
    Update on the shorts....I shaved half of my position in FAZ around 20.50-22.50, FXP shaved at 10.37...both have pulled back..I am looking to enter only if they continue to slide. I would wait for the 9 mark on FXP and 19 range on FAZ, they are both currently trending upward. I also scooped 5k of SIRI for .85. The other day the MM was giving out free money on this thing again. The swing was .83-.89......85-.87ish....very short time period. I do believe we are looking at a live table here. The volatility is back and all of these rumors about Stern are stirring the pot. I will say SIRI stock will take a major hit if Stern does not extend or resign...don't get it twisted...that could be a major move down..major..20%...? I hope he signs a two year extension, that could be a 20% pop day also....fosho!

Good luck
    Big Ben

Legend
    02-10-2010, 11:08 AM #14
    Cant deny you're bold in your Siri predictions. Swinging all over the place from dead money to live table. lol.
    I agree Stern's decision will create volatility, but not so sure about the 20%.
    Either way its going to be interesting fosho.

Guru
    02-10-2010, 05:24 PM #15
    Very boring Wednesday today.

So boring that I can't even think of something to say other than I felt compelled to post because the last post was at ~10:30 and it is now almost 4:30.

Hmmmm, what to have for dinner............................................ ... Or maybe I should get a work out?? How about taking the kids out in the snow?? Too many damn choices; I think I'll grab a beer and think on it.

Guru
    02-11-2010, 10:12 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Very boring Wednesday today.

So boring that I can't even think of something to say other than I felt compelled to post because the last post was at ~10:30 and it is now almost 4:30.

Hmmmm, what to have for dinner............................................ ... Or maybe I should get a work out?? How about taking the kids out in the snow?? Too many damn choices; I think I'll grab a beer and think on it.
    So, what's up with SIRI? Anyone want to guess the close for the week? 84 is my guess.

Enthusiast
    02-11-2010, 12:30 PM #17
    You have probably seen this already - it's a week old - but just in case you didn't, here it is.

Sirius XM To Report Better Than Expected Earnings
    By Brandon Matthews

The first clue to Sirius XM Radio’s (Nasdaq: SIRI) earnings possibilities came form Liberty Media (Nasdaq: LMDIA) CEO Greg Maffei, while speaking at the recent Citi Media Conference. Maffei dropped a bombshell on those in attendance when he announced that Sirius XM will be “very profitable,” and that the bulk of it’s NOLs will be consumed by earnings.

Recent trading action in shares of SIRI suggests that the market is also anticipating positive earnings for the first time in Sirius XM’s history. Shares of SIRI have risen nearly 50% this year alone, as volatility has decreased on much higher than average volume. Large orders can be seen coming through the Boston Exchange, suggesting that heavy institutional accumulation is occurring.

This morning, Sirius XM CEO Mel Karmazin was the keynote speaker at round-table breakfast at The Paley Center for Media in New York. During his presentation, Mel Karmazin stated that Sirius XM had over $2.5 Billion in revenue for 2009. Initial guidance provided by the company last year called for over $2.4 Billion. Analyst models have since been adjusted to nearly $2.5 Billion in most cases.

A look at analyst estimates reveals that most have underestimated Sirius XM’s year end revenue, if Karmazin’s statement is in fact true. Depending on the amount of earnings above the $2.5 Billion eluded to by Karmazin, estimates range from at least $10 Million to $30 Million in unexpected revenue that Sirius XM will likely report . Jim Goss of Barrington Rearch Associates is the only exception, with a year end revenue estimate of $2.505 Billion.

Based on this statement, it is likely safe to assume that Sirius XM will beat the street on its top line estimates. This should not be surprising in that Sirius XM pre-released select fourth quarter results, which included unexpected growth of over 257,000 new subscribers and substantially beat analyst estimates across the board.

Although costs are unknown at this time, the under-estimations of the street are becoming clear. This should bode well for Sirius XM investors with the actual release of earnings scheduled for the end of February.

Enthusiast
    02-11-2010, 12:32 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    So, what's up with SIRI? Anyone want to guess the close for the week? 84 is my guess.
    My guess is 89.

Guru
    02-11-2010, 01:39 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    My guess is 89.
    Hey, a human!!! Wow, how cool. Rare these days LOL

89? You're an optimist, but so far your guess is a little better than mine. Though, in these no news doldrums, anything can happen like the MM's having a little fun at the retail buyers expense.

02-11-2010, 10:09 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Very perceptive, very perceptive in-deed SL!

A few weeks back I had the exact same conversation with Julietoo; we were discussing the potential impact of Stern leaving and whether or not he would re-up with Siri . . .

My thought then, as it is now . . . and setting aside whether he stays or goes and whatever impact that has . . . is that if I am management, I really put the screws to Stern for the next 10 months . . . make him do a slow burn, twist in the wind and come-in to work everyday pissed-off at the world; even make him a couple of low-ball offers or no offers at all and blame it on the BOD (the ole good-cop/bad-cop).

Let him rant and rave every single day for the next 10 months at what a rotten company it is and how he's fielding all of these great offers from terrestrial and TV, how he's going podcast etc, etc, etc . . . if that's what it takes to light a fire under his ass and get some MSM PR then so be it . . .

and in the end . . . of course you give him what he wants to stay . . . but not til the last possible second . . . milk-it Mel, milk-it!

now as for Tyler Savery . . . I have no idea what to do to light a fire under that guy's ass! His equity-research-content has become so friggin high-brow exclusive, much like Mark Wienkes, that you would think he's publishing his commentaries in Antarctica!

The poor common man in the forums never even hears from the guy anymore . .

I think Sirius will pay less, and Howard will work less. and they both can say they got what they wanted and they are both happy.

imho
    vaporgold

Page 2 of 3 123