Page 5 of 6 ... 3456
    Head Honcho
    07-08-2009, 04:46 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    How come we don't get credit for posts made to the news stories??

I thought some of my BM bashes were pretty good too . . go take a look at "Debt Issue a Non-Issue" in the archives (sorry john . . didn't mean to open any old wounds)
    Are you talking about towards your total number of posts? If so, the forums and the blog are separate. Any posts made here go towards your total number while the blog comment replies are not.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    07-08-2009, 05:21 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    And with all of that being said. I'd be less than honest if I didn't tell you that I own many, many, shares that I paid over a dollar for and I'm waiting for it to get way past that again someday.
    Your strategy makes sense. Why didn't you sell those shares that you bought above a dollar when they dropped 10% ? Did you missed the boat ? Why didn't you sell them at 0.46 ? or even when this issue hit 0.60 a few weeks ago ?

I'd sell them next time they hit resistance and buy them back when they retrace. You do not have to sell all of them at once. If you feel uncomfortable selling them all at once and if you have many, many, many shares as you claim, sell 10% of them, take the loss. The following month buy them back either at the same price you sold them or cheaper. You see, you'll feel better.

i.e: You have 10,000 shares that you bought at $1.00 that is $10,000.00 USD right ? Well, sell 1,000 shares, let say @ 0.40. You take a $600.00 USD loss but now you have $400.00 USD in cash, right ?. The stock keeps droping to 0.35 and the following month is still @ 0.35 (wait 30 days or whatever the period to avoid the wash out sale rule). Now you can buy 1142 shares and claim a $600.00 USD loss in your tax return.

The following month do the same. You will claim losses and increase you shares.

It is important to learn how to take losses. There's something everyone losses with this issue and don't even realize: TIME. TIME is money as my dad told me when I was a kid.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 07-08-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Enthusiast
    07-08-2009, 05:59 PM #43
    never mind
    Last edited by otone; 07-08-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Head Honcho
    07-08-2009, 06:03 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Somehow you posted four times today. And your message counter stuck on 98?????? Guess you just aren't "Senior" material. LOL LOL
    I am pretty sure that the post count updates once or twice per day and not each and every single time you post.

Nope, I guess mine just jumped as soon as I posted
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    07-08-2009, 06:11 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Are you talking about towards your total number of posts? If so, the forums and the blog are separate. Any posts made here go towards your total number while the blog comment replies are not.
    Yes. Correct. Understood . . . question is . . why can't the site be configured to allow posts made to the blog, by registered users, count toward a users total number of posts?

The current set-up disincentivizes posting in the blogs/news stories and can create the appearance that regulars to the blog, who may post less frequently in the forums, are newer to the site and thus less credible . .

Anyway, thanks for helping get me another cheap post . . I am now right on socal's ass . . . don't look back socal . .

Mentor
    07-08-2009, 06:13 PM #46
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Somehow you posted four times today. And your message counter stuck on 98?????? Guess you just aren't "Senior" material. LOL LOL
    take this . . . 100 . . . senior member! I got street-cred, I got street-cred(lmao)

Mentor
    07-08-2009, 06:28 PM #47
    take this . . . 100 . . . senior member! I got street-cred, I got street-cred(lmao)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    LMAO. You and Me! Senior Members? Whew. Ol Charles and Tyler will really wonder what happened to the club. I'm thinking they will change the perameters, and move up the counter another 100. Congrats. lol.[/QUOTE]

hey, sumthin quirky I just noticed with your last post . . and my last post . . as soon as I hit "100" the counter reset all of my previous day's posts to also now show "100" even though when the earlier posts were originally made I may have been at "98" or "99"

anywho . . big 5M on Sat . . race 3 of the Grand Prix . . will spend next 2 days rehydrating with gatorade endurance . . put in 18 hard miles this week (90-95% of expected race pace)

Head Honcho
    07-08-2009, 06:34 PM #48
    LMAO. You and Me! Senior Members? Whew. Ol Charles and Tyler will really wonder what happened to the club. I'm thinking they will change the perameters, and move up the counter another 100. Congrats. lol.
    You read my mind!

The thresholds are way too low and we always talked about creating creative names for the levels but.... we're just not that creative. I am open to ideas!

I was thinking the levels should break at 100,250,500,1000,2000, and 5000+

0-100 = Newbie
    101-250 = Junior Member
    251-500 = ???
    501-1000 = ???
    1001-2000 = ???
    2001-5000 = Buzzhead? Freak?
    5000+ = Top Dog (did siriusbackstage do that? If so nevermind) SATRAD Addict?

Lets throw some ideas around. Should this get its own thread?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    07-08-2009, 06:54 PM #49
    maybe 5000+ gets the ability to create their own custom title?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-08-2009, 06:58 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Wait until it closes the gap. The gap closes at .35. It WILL retest the .35 area and then will either bounce or take it out.

I called the bearish pattern 2 days ago @ 0.46 and said it was going to 0.35

I'd wait until it reaches .37 and re-evaluate.
    What gap is that? The gap at .36 that was left on that Friday when the Russell was rebalanced has been filled already, on Wed. July 1st. SIRI dropped into the .34 range just long enough to fill the gap, and there hasn't been another gap since then as far as I know.

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456