Page 1 of 2 12
    01-10-2008, 07:30 PM #1

The Vinnie Show With Vinnie Politan

Ladies and Gentleman:

I am writing as a spokesperson for the 110ers.com website and Message Board. "The Vinnie Show" aired on Sirius Channel 110 until December 21, 2007. Then, without warning, Vinnie Politan announced, during his Christmas program, that his show was canceled. I don't think stock holders of Sirius realize how many people that decision affected. Truck drivers from all over the US, millions of them, listened to "The Vinnie Show" every day! I am not a truck driver. I am an Minnesota housewife. People like me, in every walk of life, loved the Vinnie Show. To show you how loyal a fan base Vinnie has, I invite all who read this to come to our website and read the posts regarding Vinnie and his entire crew. What an innovative idea...to blend law and humor with a touch of "family". Vinnie was the nicest on air personality I have ever listened to! Have you ever listened to his show? He made life long friends with all his listeners.

I understand Howard Stern's personality and the fan base he has and the reasons for it. I am not condeming the show at all. I have listened to Howard on occassion. It appears from the Forums here that one can only post about his show. That is understandable given his world wide fame. Perhaps only numbers are important to Sirius. But know this! There are millions of listeners who appreciated the excellent programming that once was on Channel 110. We loved the trial coverage, Forensic Files and most of all "The Vinnie Show"!

But for me and millions of others, we are left hanging. We depended on "The Vinnie Show" to keep us up to date on trial events and to educate us in matters of law. It is hard to believe, that Vinnie Politan, the on-air anchor of the now TruTv Bloom & Politan and the radio talk show host of "The Vinnie Show" are one in the same! I commend the program director and creator of such a fine idea! I am posting here to anyone who will listen that the 110ers DEMAND Vinnie's return to the Sirius air ways! It matters not which channel you place him on, just give him the same format, the same crew and let that man made you millions! PLEASE RETURN VINNIE TO SIRIUS RADIO!

I cannot speak for all of the millions of listeners, I can only convey what the majority of Vinnie's listeners who are members of the 110ers.com website and Message Board are saying. But I know I speak for the masses when I say we all have in common the love of good decent and informative entertainment and the warm "family" feeling Vinnie Politan gave his listeners. He is sadly missed.

If any of you listen to your listeners, then give them the programming they pay for. RETURN VINNIE POLITAN TO SIRIUS!

Please go to the website at 110ers.com

Please read the posts and post there and ask what the members think of Vinnie! Please post there and tell us how to get Vinnie Politan back on Sirius!

We will not go without a fight!

Head Honcho
    01-10-2008, 08:20 PM #2
    Is Vinnie mad? What I mean is, is this a lost cause or does Vinnie really want to be back on the airwaves?

I happen to know quite a few people who listed to Sirius and I have personally never heard this show mentioned...that being said I invite anyone who listed to this show (I did not) to chime in.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-11-2008, 06:11 AM #3

Exclamation The Vinnie Show with Vinnie Politan

Hello Mr. LaRocca:

I am just a humble listener. I do not know the particulars of the arrangements made between Sirius and Court TV.

Channel 110 was the Court TV channel. On it, Sirius broadcasted live trial coverage and other law-related shows. They also had a morning talk show, "The Vinnie Show", hosted by Vinnie Politan. Vinnie is currently co-anchor with Lisa Bloom on TRUTV (formerly Court TV) in the mornings. He is an attorney, an anchor and a radio jock. The little I know of him personally I have learned over the internet. I have displayed his picture.

I just want to mention that the format for the Vinnie Show was new, fresh and entertaining. This man is genuine. I am sure when the show began no one really knew what kind of audience Vinnie would attract. I purchased my Sirius radio expressly for the Court TV channel. I am a former paralegal and enjoy trial coverage. When I first tuned in and heard The Vinnie Show, I thought it was innovative. What a great idea! Start your day with a happy guy talking about serious legal events and putting them into terms that the average lay person could understand. And to top that off, this man was FUNNY. Listeners could call in during the program and ask legal questions or just say "hello". He was that kind of guy. I still could recognize the regular callers if I heard their voices today. It got so that some of these callers became "characters" to the listener. I would actually find myself wondering what this caller would have commented had he or she called in at that moment! There was one caller in particular that everyone became close to and cared about. The caller's name is Justin. The listeners never asked but we all knew that Justin had a disability. We learned he did not have a computer but he could manage on the telephone. There scarcely was a day without Justin's call. We learned that a slow speaking person was not an illiterate person. Vinnie was always nice and respectful to Justin. I just can't imagine how the cancellation of the show affected Justin. I wonder about him yet today. Vinnie hosted the show without profanity or off color jokes. But, you know, you really don't need those things to have a good show. On our website, 110ers.com, we have an audio player. The webmaster, known to us as "The Siteguy", made a recording of Vinnie's last show for posterity. If you like, and I hope you will, go to the site and register. Once you register, click on the audio player and listen to some of the memorable moments of the show. Also, visit the photo album containing pictures of Vinnie and some of his guests. We are a family torn apart by Sirius and Court TV. Perhaps this post sounds a bit immature for someone my age but I feel that strongly about the talent and the talent of his crew which we all came to know on a first name basis. How many other shows can a listener tell you who the producer is and who the sound engineer is? Vinnie introduced us to everyone and every one got a chance to speak and say hello. It was terrific! I have displayed Vinnie's picture and pictures do not lie. The smile is genuine and so is the man behind it. Whatever pitfalls Court TV, now TRUTV, has is none of my business or anyone elses. I'm appealing to anyone I can get through to for Vinnie Politan. Any channel on Sirius would be blessed with his talents and that of his crew. I have lived on this earth a mere 57 years and I have little good things to say about the direction of entertainment today. But, for me, Vinnie Politan, his crew, his producer and all involved are to be commended for their originality, warmth and professionalism. Together, they produced a most wonderful show that any channel would be proud of. I give the Vinnie Show 3 thumbs up! Please help us to get Vinnie Politan back on the Sirius airwaves.

The American truckers are this country's life blood. I know that Sirius has a channel for truckers. But, I also know that the truckers switched the channel to 110 in the morning for the Vinnie Show and we're talking about millions of truckers in all 48 states! How is that for a fan base? These men and women should have a voice, we all should have a voice and I am prepared to be that voice! If what you have read seems too good to be true, I beg to differ! I say to those of you with power, "You can make a difference!" All of us baby boomers can make a difference! Why grovel to the youth when the money is in the baby boomer's pockets? All too soon we will out number them. We are searching right now for our "resting place". Sirius radio could be that resting place as television ceases to entertain our intellect! Why must the only channels currently offered by Sirius least offensive to me be political rubbish? Can the boomers not have warm, friendly and informative broadcasting from Sirius? If so, why is the Vinnie Show not on the Sirius airwaves? Speak to those you may know in higher places and tell them the 110ers are still alive and well and waiting for Vinnie's return. Just how long we'll wait is uncertain. I can only speak for myself. Vinnie Politan may not be a "shock jock", but don't you think one "shock jock" is enough? I speak for all the 110ers that were within the sound of Vinnie's voice. Make this man reappear on Sirius radio and watch him make you rich!

Most sincerely,
    Last edited by minnesota; 01-11-2008 at 06:20 AM.

Head Honcho
    01-11-2008, 11:58 AM #4

Details

Vinnie's show was part of Court TV Radio. Sirius Satellite Radio had a contract with Court TV. As of the end of 2007 Court TV ceased to exist, and became TRU TV.

I am not sure of the contractural relationship that Vinnie has with Court TV, or how this will all pan out, but there may be contractural ties that prevent his immediate return to the radio.

I had listened to Vinnie's show several times and found it enjoyable.

Your course of action to bring back this quality show is good. I would suggest contacting sirius with your concerns, and outlining what the show means to you, as you have done here.

Simply stated, Sirius may not have had much say in the matter.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    01-11-2008, 12:14 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by minnesota View Post
    I am just a humble listener. I do not know the particulars of the arrangements made between Sirius and Court TV.
    Which is my point. What if Vinnie doesn't want to be on Sirius anymore? Then this would all be moot. Go find out if Vinnie wants to be back on Sirius and then lobby for him.

Quote Originally Posted by minnesota View Post
    Vinnie Politan may not be a "shock jock", but don't you think one "shock jock" is enough?
    What does him not being a shock jock have to do with anything?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-11-2008, 01:34 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Which is my point. What if Vinnie doesn't want to be on Sirius anymore? Then this would all be moot. Go find out if Vinnie wants to be back on Sirius and then lobby for him.

What does him not being a shock jock have to do with anything?
    Gentlemen:

I added that because I saw most of the threads contained in this forum are directed toward The Howard Stern Show. No offense should have been taken. Merely an after thought that could have been left out.

I thank both of you gentleman for your input. We will try to find a way to Vinnie as quickly as possible. If you can be of assistance, we would appreciate any channels you would recommend. If he still is interested, we will take this on for the long haul. I would also add, as I stated before, Vinnie would be an asset to any station on Sirius. Any "mentoring" would be appreciated as well. Your kindness in responding shows high regard for your posters. I thank you both!

Head Honcho
    01-11-2008, 02:13 PM #7
    There was no offense taken. I was merely asking what it had to do with anything. The title of the Forum is Sirius Talk...people are welcome to talk about whatever talk show they wish

As far as getting in touch with him, I would just go through the normal channels. Start with the network he is on now. Simply email or call. Good luck and let us know.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-11-2008, 03:31 PM #8
    Hi, Everyone. My name is Lana and, along with Minnesota, I am also a 110er. Just let me say that I was VERY upset when Vinnie Politan announced that December 21 would be his last show on Sirius. He did give some hints that some of us picked up on though.

I began subscribing to Sirius when Howard moved to satellite two years ago. Then, in May, 2006 I went on disability and have been home ever since then. Since I have so much more time on my hands, I started to look around at stations other than Howard 100. I also started to watch daytime tv! Yuck! I hated it. I watched what seems like millions of babies being born, got sick of that and the watched thousands of meals being cooked. Then, I got caught up on Court TV. I had heard of Vinnie Politan from my Mother, who thought he was totally adorable. I got into his show on Court TV. He announced that he had a morning show on Sirius and I started listening and catching Howard on the replays or vice versa.

Vinnie is a totally different person on his radio show than he is on Court TV. I guess he could let his hair down some on Sirius. He made me laugh and his callers were also very amusing, if somewhat annoying at times. Now, here's the clincher - one day I actually called in to talk to Vinnie and gave him my opinion!!!! Now, that's saying something for me, as I'm basically a shy person. I went to a website, www.110ers.com and started posting, which I also did not do. I was what they call a "lurker," although that sounds nasty. Anyway, I am a full-fledged Vinnie fan now and I miss him terribly on Sirius. I have been emailing Sirius to let them know I will be terminating my subscription when Howard's contract is up. After all, Howard is my FIRST love! LOL.

I have a question which I could probably find out for myself, but I'm busy watching a trial on my comp. Ha. Ha. Ha. Who are you guys? Are you affiliated with Sirius? Or is this a site someone put together to get Sirius subscribers together to talk?

I love Sirius and would hate to get rid of it, but if Howard is gone and Vinnie is gone, I can always listen to my iPod or iTunes.

Can you guys help us? Thanks for your time.

Lana

Head Honcho
    01-11-2008, 03:55 PM #9

Vinnie Thread

Sirius Buzz does not have an affiliation with Sirius Satellite Radio, nor do we receive any renumeration from Sirius.

I have heard the Vinnie Politan show several times, and must say that i enjoyed the show. I was not a "regular" listener, but felt that he put together a quality show.

I have long been of the opinion that Sirius needs a morning talk talent that is more "tame" than Howard Stern. I hope they get that at some point soon.

Vinnie would be a wonderful addition to Sirius Stars in my opinion, and I would love to see that happen.

Thank you for your readership, and I will dig a bit deeper into this issue as well.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

01-11-2008, 04:07 PM #10
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually, that is a very good point. People either love or hate Howard. So, Vinnie would be a great addition for those who enjoy something other than Howard. I can only listen to so much politics and a lot of the stations are doing back-to-back presidential coverage.

We'd appreciate anything you may be able to do.

Lana

Page 1 of 2 12