Page 11 of 15 ... 910111213 ...
    Head Honcho
    12-03-2008, 10:31 PM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by DScum View Post
    I know no less than 25 subscribers personally and 20 of them are upset about the lineup change as they lost programming they enjoyed.
    This is extremely hard to believe. I am talking about a dozen people that are actually in my family or I work with on a daily basis, are you talking about people you met on some site dedicated to disgruntled fans?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-04-2008, 11:48 AM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Yes, I don't know why we couldnt see it... your 20 friends that are upset about the lineup change definately consitute what you describe first as "the majority", and then later "A fairly sizable portion of subscribers". My appologies.

Take a look at some numbers: Subscriber Number Charts

Combined net adds for Q4:

2007: 1,113,260
    2006: 1,347,247
    2005: 2,040,955
    2004: 1,194,070

And you think in 2008 these will be less than 200k huh? You think that the 4th quarter: Traditionally the BUSIEST AND BIGGEST quarter for the company where they always add more net adds than any other quarter, will be less than 200k, when just this past Q3 they added 344,100 subs?

You have got to be out of your mind... I thought everyone realized that that prediction was a joke... apparenly everyone but you and the analysts covering the stock.
    APPARENTLY the company doesn't think the projection is a joke as they tout they only expect an additional 200k growth by year's end. Mel Karmazin made a point of bringing it up yesterday to Reuters. Lowered expectations game. Watch what happens to a stock that misses an already lowered projection.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This is extremely hard to believe. I am talking about a dozen people that are actually in my family or I work with on a daily basis, are you talking about people you met on some site dedicated to disgruntled fans?
    These are people who I work with on a daily basis as they are in an LTL trucking fleet. Needless to say the owner plans on discontinuing his service on December 17th not only to save money but to show his disdain over these changes. The drivers are being told to either use the built in AM/FM radio, but and pay for their own satrad or use their iPods/MP3 devices. Most of them use it for Stern but will now just be downloading and uploading it to their MP3 player to hear it.

Mentor
    12-04-2008, 02:44 PM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by DScum
    APPARENTLY the company doesn't think the projection is a joke as they tout they only expect an additional 200k growth by year's end. Mel Karmazin made a point of bringing it up yesterday to Reuters. Lowered expectations game. Watch what happens to a stock that misses an already lowered projection.
    Yes, this happens to be Mel's favorite past time: Under Promising and Over Delivering.

He has done it for decades. I am looking for end of year numbers to be closer to 19.6 million, a full 500k HIGHER than the companie's forecast, not miss the rediculously low forecast.

12-04-2008, 04:26 PM #104
    Yes, this happens to be Mel's favorite past time: Under Promising and Over Delivering.

He has done it for decades. I am looking for end of year numbers to be closer to 19.6 million, a full 500k HIGHER than the companie's forecast, not miss the rediculously low forecast.
    As Willy Wonka would say Strike that and Reverse it.

Over Promising and Under Delivering.

An example:

"A combined satellite radio company would offer a consumer more variety..."

"With a merger customers will not see any significant changes to their current service..."

Mentor
    12-05-2008, 07:20 AM #105
    DScum: Customers are not seeing a significant change to their current service. Yes, channels changed, and some were eliminated, but I personally do not see that as a "significant" change, and yes I did loose one of my favorite channels as well. I also got more variety in the music that I listen to with the new channel line up, so more variety is also true. (I now have 6 or 7 comedy channels instead of the 3 I had previously, I now have 8 or 9 country stations instead of the 6 previously, and many more light rock stations that there were before. That is an increase in variety.)

As far as the variet comment, did you really think the day after the merger they were going to have millions of channels? They have been a combined company for less than 5 months! Give them a chance to prove themselves...

As far as under promising and over delivering: Mel has NEVER once missed his subscriber target, and always over delivered. The only time that it was "missed" was Q4 of 2006, they were unable to hit their own estimates, though they lowered those estimates back in November, and then beat the lowered estimates.

I still do not know how you think that there is a possibility of them missing the 19.1 million number with the numbers that I posted above. I guess you believe everything you are told. I sure hope you do not watch Jim Cramer much...
    Last edited by Newman; 12-05-2008 at 07:23 AM.

12-05-2008, 06:13 PM #106
    And now they are censoring the hosts. In case you missed it Bubba The Love Sponge had his replay yanked today because he was critical of SiriusXM.

But remember Scott and Mel don't believe in censorship on satellite radio.

http://www.SiriuslyScrewed.com

12-05-2008, 08:14 PM #107

Bubbas rant here

The reprecussions of SIRIUS not resigning BUBBA and treating him with any respect will shatter any subscriber growth for quarter 4 of 2008. AS if things are not bad enough with the economy. Sirius not only did not replay his show today because of his true comments about Sirius managnment but they have screwed the entire audience as far as I am concerned. You should really listen to this because it will NEVER air on Sirius airwaves again. Here is a link so you can download it and listen for yourselves. You really need to hear this so you understand why the number 2 rated satellite radio show that draws in huge amount of subscribers whether you like him or hate him will have a NEGATIVE affect on subscriber growth for the month of December. I am personally cancelling my 7 radios and jumping off this ship, not because of just Bubba but because of the lack of leadership and concern when it comes to CUSTOMER SERVICE or CARE FOR WHAT THE SUBSCRIBERS WANT. As Bubba always says FU@K THis place its BullSH!T Im out of here

http://www.mediafire.com/?n2ntw2m4zeu
    Last edited by SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO; 12-05-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Mentor
    12-07-2008, 04:27 AM #108
    I have said myself that Sirius needed to resign Bubba, as content is key...

But here is the thing: I have also heard over the past 3 years how ungreatful and beligerant Bubba and staff have gotten every time it comes around to renewal. When it is coming time for renewal, you start name calling and pissing off your boss. If anyone works in a job where they have annual reviews, do you start showing up late for work and calling your boss an asshole a month or so ahead of that review? Of course not.

Perhaps Bubba may have gotten longer contracts or more money if he wasnt pissing off all of the decision makers around there. Yes, he is important to Sirius and I think they may take a small hit because of his leaving. But he is not Stern. He really does not hold the same muscle that Stern has, or that the NFL has. If you keep pissing everyone off, it will eventually end up with you getting pissed off. I heard Friday's rant on the air. I hope they don't renew him.

He is an egotistical, self centered brat. Yes, he is important, but not THAT damn important. He even goes so far as to say that he should be that much more important because they recieved the single largest FCC fine in history. BIG WHOOP.

Mentor
    12-07-2008, 04:28 AM #109
    DScum: They are not censoring. They chose not to replay his egotistical rant. I would not have replayed it either. If I were running the comapny, he would have been looking for a new job 2 years ago. He is so full of him self that he thinks he "deserves" everything. **** Bubba.

12-07-2008, 09:04 AM #110
    DScum: They are not censoring. They chose not to replay his egotistical rant. I would not have replayed it either. If I were running the comapny, he would have been looking for a new job 2 years ago. He is so full of him self that he thinks he "deserves" everything. **** Bubba.
    CENSOR
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): cen·sored; cen·sor·ing
    Date: 1882

1. to examine in order to suppress or delete anything considered objectionable <censor the news> ; also : to suppress or delete as objectionable <censor out indecent passages>

Page 11 of 15 ... 910111213 ...