Page 13 of 18 ... 31112131415 ...
    Mentor
    04-07-2009, 06:00 PM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I can't see any reason to add or sell at this point......wait until there is more clarity of the direction and a resolution to this tightening wedge that SIRI is in right now. There was extremely low volume yesterday and again today. It's hard to read anything from that kind of low volume except that there is low volume selling with little conviction. Sometimes it's better to buy higher with more to go on than to try and pick short term bottoms....
    Couldnt agree more. Thats why I bought on the TA reason of .37(it was a reason at least). And since I see no reason to sell(that position will eventually be back in the green), I wait. I would buy more higher if better action supported it, rather than guess which support level holds. I agree. Might be a bad time to buy or sell here. But of course that all depends on things I mentioned in my above post.

Head Honcho
    04-07-2009, 06:09 PM #122
    I think its important that investors know just how fast slacker is churning out new products and features http://slackeractive.com/slacker-add...s-services.php

I just cant fathom why Sirius XM doesnt have an iphone/backberry app and why we are still using a 3+ year old web app.

Do me a favor and step back and save your "slacker will never survive" and that this a "stupid product that cant compete with Sirius XM" and simply consider how fast this tiny little company is creating new compelling software and features. I am watching this company and netflix (because I use them both) evolve everyday while Sirius XM does nada. You can justify it however you want but like I said, I work with a small team of developers at a company that considers 10million in rev a great quarter and we put out a new version of our software 4-5 times per year.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-07-2009, 06:16 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    That will not be too hard. I am the great I am! In other words, I am crfceo.

It seems my pal Hartlieb thinks he has won something by telling the world my real name. Brandon Matthews is and will continue to be my pen name, whether or not I continue to write at SiriusBuzz. I know Tyler expressed some concerns about people knowing who I really am, and I'm sure my days here at SiriusBuzz are numbered. Is zero a number?

The story goes like this. I have been invested in Sirius stock since 2003. On and off, but have followed the stock, sector and related sectors for the better part of 6 years. I was in fact a licensed broker at the time that I began posting on the message board, and my specialty was technical analysis. More specifically, point & figure.

Over the years, I posted as CRFCEO on the Yahoo boards, and took on the bashers with sound facts that I always backed up with links. No one was more transparent than I when it came to reasoning. I became one of the board guru's, albeit by accident.

During the merger process, it became a warzone on the yahoo boards. I started a little blog called Sirius news & rumors where I would post news pertaining to Sirius so that anyone could go to one place and find all of the days news without searching feverishly throughout the internet.

Tyler noticed my articles and after conferring with Charles, they agreed to bring me on board and in a sense merge the two sites. I say in a sense because my blog was more of a news dump site and obviously the lesser of the 2 sites.

I registered a new domain name (satwaves.com) under my real name. Their were certain people at the time whom I expected were under the employ of the NAB, who conducted a whois search of that domain and publicized my real name, address and phone number, putting myself and my family in danger. My children could not answer the phone. Death threats were left our answering machine. That's when I came up with a pen name: Brandon Matthews.

Michael Hartlieb knows this, and yet he chose to publicize this information despite our conversation just a few days ago, on his website.

Personally, part of me is glad he did it. It has been so hard being a multiple personality disorder victim without actually being one. Different passwords and different emails, etc.

So there it is. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
    No chit? Sorry to hear that Brandon. Keep up the good work, bro.

-mz19

Banned
    04-07-2009, 06:20 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by mz19 View Post
    No chit? Sorry to hear that Brandon. Keep up the good work, bro.

-mz19
    Here's an example..

http://search.messages.yahoo.com/sea...y=7&eYear=2009

Mentor
    04-07-2009, 06:23 PM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post

I just cant fathom why Sirius XM doesnt have an iphone/backberry app and why we are still using a 3+ year old web app.
    I'm with you on that Charles. It is very frustrating that SIRI has not been evolving with all of the opportunities that they have. There is no reason for them to have not updated their web offerings other than them possibly wanting to discourage online listening because of the higher royalty rates. They could be taking advantage of how hot online social networking is right now. There is no reason for them to not compete directly with the Slackers and Pandoras by offering a similar service online alongside their live content. They could have a portable radio that does what the Slacker portable does along with receiving live content. They could be offering podcasts of previously aired shows online.....

I really hope they get off of their asses and at least try to get onto other platforms like the Playstation, Xbox, Tivo, and the Roku Netflix boxes. At least get better apps out there for the Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and get the iPhone app out pronto....

Talk about low hanging fruit...........

FOR CRYING THE **** OUT LOUD..........

04-07-2009, 06:31 PM #126
    Brandon, yikes! That's some scarry stuff over there. I just can't stomach yahoo boards.

Relmor, thanks for you input.

Charles, I also wonder what is up with Sirius and what's going on on the development side of things. But I've wondered that for a long time about the available hardware too.

Banned
    04-07-2009, 06:37 PM #127
    Just a quick FYI...

It takes 5 years to get today's satellite radio technology into a new car. In other words, what we see in new cars was created 5 years ago. I know this from my meeting with Sirius.

All future radios will be wi-fi. The problem with Sirius is that they are not equipped to respond that quickly to an ever changing market place. 3G today will be 6G by fall.

04-07-2009, 06:38 PM #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Ah yes. I hate the YHOO board. 90% waste over there. That guy that uses the term "phucktard" has multiple aliases. That board is a joke.

Head Honcho
    04-07-2009, 06:41 PM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Talk about low hanging fruit...........

FOR CRYING THE **** OUT LOUD..........
    I think I used that exact terminology before. It is so cheap and so easy to implement that its scary. Look how quickly the guys at nicemac added features once they had the basic streaming down.

Any company worth a grain of salt will fast-track this kind of thing right through because of its low risk vs very high reward.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    04-07-2009, 06:52 PM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I think its important that investors know just how fast slacker is churning out new products and features http://slackeractive.com/slacker-add...s-services.php

Do me a favor and step back and save your "slacker will never survive" and that this a "stupid product that cant compete with Sirius XM" and simply consider how fast this tiny little company is creating new compelling software and features. I am watching this company and netflix (because I use them both) evolve everyday while Sirius XM does nada. You can justify it however you want but like I said, I work with a small team of developers at a company that considers 10million in rev a great quarter and we put out a new version of our software 4-5 times per year.
    Very simple answer.....ASSHOLES run the company. Paul Blalock claims Slacker has no "business plan". Someone is funding Slacker. Who may that might be?

Page 13 of 18 ... 31112131415 ...