Page 7 of 8 ... 5678
    Guru
    07-20-2009, 10:15 AM #61
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Sorry, I simply do not agree. They have been placed in the same main app category and now they will compete whether you or anyone else likes it or not. Regardless of their category placement they are compared to by consumers as competition which is all I or anyone else should care about. It is Sirius XM's job to compete with these companies and they will have to as they continue to grow.

Charles why do you keep skipping this comment in your response

Repost:
    "First of all to even consider the two in the same ball park, every person that has a Iphone has to be paying for a SIRIXM subscribtion. That alone should tell you that the two could never be compared to each other. A moron would already have figured out that it put SIRIXM at a disadvantage right from the start.

So now are you going to try and say ether it did not put them at a disadvantage or that everyone that has a Iphone has a SIRIXM subscription????? Ether way, you look like a moron, and thats why I called you a twit because I had told you this before and you still did not get it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Was that to much logic for you? Was there to much common sense in there for you. Why cant you give me an answer to that Charles?

I know why and so do you. The fact is any answer you give ether makes you look like you cant get a simple fact (making you look moronic) or I am right and you are wrong.

Head Honcho
    07-20-2009, 01:22 PM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Not where Pandora is. But if they want to be cute, and have some marketing goals, I would think to stay in the top 5 music apps would be important.
    Sure, to me it doesn't matter who is in first place, what matters is that Sirius XM is not. it could be the "super terrific music dot com" or "slackdora" who is in number one does not matter as much as the fact that it is not Sirius XM and they should be gunning for that spot.

You may be happy with top 5 but thats just not how my mind works and most other business minds work... the best dont settle for second place.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Was that to much logic for you? Was there to much common sense in there for you. Why cant you give me an answer to that Charles?

I know why and so do you. The fact is any answer you give ether makes you look like you cant get a simple fact (making you look moronic) or I am right and you are wrong.
    I try and stay away from this kind of thing but you will not let it go... you think I am not addressing something, you call me names, and instead of proving your case you look to belittle me. All of that is fine with me (really it is)... but I think that I must let you know... you hardly impress me on this topic. There isnt a piece of me that feels defeated nor does my stance waver even the slightest. I have heard you make solid points in the past but this is a topic where not only are you failing to address basic business logic but you are acting like you are the word of God... sorry but, I'm not impressed.

Charles why do you keep skipping this comment in your response
    I am one of the people that goes out of my way to spend the time to answert hings on a point by point basis. I dont address something its because I fundamentally dont agree with an opinion so, its often easier to let it go then argue a point to no end.

"First of all to even consider the two in the same ball park, every person that has a Iphone has to be paying for a SIRIXM subscribtion. That alone should tell you that the two could never be compared to each other. A moron would already have figured out that it put SIRIXM at a disadvantage right from the start.
    Sorry, I dont agree. Paid services beat out free services all the time. This is not my opinion, its fact.

So now are you going to try and say ether it did not put them at a disadvantage or that everyone that has a Iphone has a SIRIXM subscription????? Ether way, you look like a moron, and thats why I called you a twit because I had told you this before and you still did not get it."
    A disadvantage because why? Only because you do not think that they are compelling enough to be worth the fee. If the number one music application in the App Store had only 1 station and Sirius XM had hundreds, Sirius XM would come in and take that number one spot all day. They are not and have no because they havent YET given consumers a reason to pay for something that they can get for "free." What I am saying is that if they want that spot (and they should) they need to give consumers a compelling enough reason to pay for "premium radio."
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    07-20-2009, 03:15 PM #63
    "I try and stay away from this kind of thing but you will not let it go... you think I am not addressing something, you call me names, and instead of proving your case you look to belittle me. All of that is fine with me (really it is)... but I think that I must let you know... you hardly impress me on this topic. There isnt a piece of me that feels defeated nor does my stance waver even the slightest. I have heard you make solid points in the past but this is a topic where not only are you failing to address basic business logic but you are acting like you are the word of God... sorry but, I'm not impressed."

I dont belittle you, you do that to yourself. I have proven my case with simple logic, your just not logical enough to see it. I have shown you simple business logic and you just dont get it. It is not about being the "word of God" it is as simple as right and wrong. I am right because I am thinking with logic and common sense and you are wrong because you are talking out your ass. as the next paragraphs will show.

----------------------------------------------------------

"I am one of the people that goes out of my way to spend the time to answert hings on a point by point basis. I dont address something its because I fundamentally dont agree with an opinion so, its often easier to let it go then argue a point to no end."

No, it is because you had no good answer to it as the next 2 paragraphs will show.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry, I dont agree. Paid services beat out free services all the time. This is not my opinion, its fact."

That was your answer to this;

"First of all to even consider the two in the same ball park, every person that has a Iphone has to be paying for a SIRIXM subscribtion. That alone should tell you that the two could never be compared to each other. A moron would already have figured out that it put SIRIXM at a disadvantage right from the start."

So I guess you think every Iphone user is going to buy a subscription to SIRIXM right from the start, dumbass (hence why cable TV took so long to overtake regular TV.), DHAAAA. So your business sense told you that every Iphone user heard SIRIXM was going to have a app and they all went out and got a subscription, we know that was not true right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"A disadvantage because why? Only because you do not think that they are compelling enough to be worth the fee. If the number one music application in the App Store had only 1 station and Sirius XM had hundreds, Sirius XM would come in and take that number one spot all day. They are not and have no because they havent YET given consumers a reason to pay for something that they can get for "free." What I am saying is that if they want that spot (and they should) they need to give consumers a compelling enough reason to pay for "premium radio."

and then this was your answer to this;

"So now are you going to try and say ether it did not put them at a disadvantage or that everyone that has a Iphone has a SIRIXM subscription????? Ether way, you look like a moron, and thats why I called you a twit because I had told you this before and you still did not get it."

Yes they where at a huge disadvandge and only a twit would think that right from the get go that every iphone user was going to go out and get a subscription to SIRIXM. I know, I know, You can try and say you dont think that but that had to be your premise behind your trying to compare the two THIS SOON after being out, got you didn't I. I mean that was you trying to do that right. That was you giving the doom and gloom over the issue of SIRIXMs app falling behind Pandoras THIS SOON after, right. I mean my god you might have had some ground to stand on after 3 years of them being out on the Iphone but this soon after you are free falling. Weather you realize it or not with every statement you make on this you fall faster and further and that is what makes you look like a moron.

Head Honcho
    07-20-2009, 03:38 PM #64
    I dont belittle you, you do that to yourself. I have proven my case with simple logic, your just not logical enough to see it. I have shown you simple business logic and you just dont get it. It is not about being the "word of God" it is as simple as right and wrong. I am right because I am thinking with logic and common sense and you are wrong because you are talking out your ass. as the next paragraphs will show.
    You are talking about what you believe to be true, I am speaking what I know to be true based on basic simple business. I am talking about what I think to be true, I am talking about what is known to be true in the world of business.

So I guess you think every Iphone user is going to buy a subscription to SIRIXM right from the start, dumbass (hence why cable TV took so long to overtake regular TV.), DHAAAA.
    No I dont.

So your business sense told you that every Iphone user heard SIRIXM was going to have a app
    No it didn't.

Yes they where at a huge disadvandge and only a twit would think that right from the get go that every iphone user was going to go out and get a subscription to SIRIXM.
    They are at a disadvantage in your mind because you think that they can not compete with free. I think that they can and should try to do so.

doom and gloom over the issue of SIRIXMs app falling behind Pandoras THIS SOON after, right.
    No doom and gloom here, I expected it.

I mean my god you might have had some ground to stand on after 3 years of them being out on the Iphone but this soon after you are free falling. Weather you realize it or not with every statement you make on this you fall faster and further and that is what makes you look like a moron.
    In your opinion... don't worry, there are plenty that agree with me AND I assure you, I will sleep OK tonight. Again, calling me a moron does not add to your cause or the point (whatever it is) that you are trying to make.

Hiding behind the cloak of the internet and addressing people like you do is plain old silly. If you could step outside of yourself and read what it is you write, you would see just how ridiculous you sound. I am sorry you feel the need to attack like that... it's just a internet forum.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    07-20-2009, 04:56 PM #65
    "You are talking about what you believe to be true, I am speaking what I know to be true based on basic simple business. I am talking about what I think to be true, I am talking about what is known to be true in the world of business."

Bullshit, you have already shown yourself to not understand business or do I have to bring up your dounut comments and you changing the price of them to the point where the price makes no business sense at all. You ended finishing off with offering a gourmet dounut for a nickle, REALLLLLY. Do I have to bring up the comments you made in the thread about how you guys were making alot of money from this site. when at the same time you had Tyler (your only writer at the time) saying on his radio show he was getting pennies per hour from it. You basically said in a open forum that Tyler was lying. Your main asset you degrade, thats a smart business man (I am being sarcastic).

----------------------------------------------------------------

"No I dont."

"No it didn't"

Yes you did, by the conclusions you made that SIRIXM is doing terrible compared to Pandora using the Iphone app down load as a basis in this instance.

By the way please if you are going to use my words then at least leave the whole thing.

This is what I said in whole;

"I know, I know, You can try and say you dont think that but that had to be your premise behind your trying to compare the two THIS SOON after being out, got you didn't I. I mean that was you trying to do that right. That was you giving the doom and gloom over the issue of SIRIXMs app falling behind Pandoras THIS SOON after, right."

Now anyone that has read your posts Charles knows you have so dont try to denie it now. I mean holy crap that is what started this arguement or have you forgot.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

"They are at a disadvantage in your mind because you think that they can not compete with free. I think that they can and should try to do so."

No you dipshit I have said it several times already and has been one of the two of my points from the beginning and why I call you names that are correct because if you dont get it by now then you are a dipshit and I will call a dipshit a dipshit.

I will say it again; NOT ALL THE IPHONE USERS HAVE A SIRIXM SUBSCRIPTION AND TO THINK THAT THEY WOULD OR THAT THAT IS NOT A DISADVANTAGE IS RIDICULOUS.

"No doom and gloom here, I expected it."

Then why all the negitive comments about the SIRIXM app being behind the Pardora one. Also you expected it because of other unreasonable expectations not because of what I have been telling you.

"In your opinion... don't worry, there are plenty that agree with me AND I assure you, I will sleep OK tonight. Again, calling me a moron does not add to your cause or the point (whatever it is) that you are trying to make.

Hiding behind the cloak of the internet and addressing people like you do is plain old silly. If you could step outside of yourself and read what it is you write, you would see just how ridiculous you sound. I am sorry you feel the need to attack like that... it's just a internet forum."

Well Yea and there is 20 million N Koreans that think it is the USA and not their own government, that is responsible for them starving to death.

REALLY do you think I am any different in real life. Charles it is you that needs to do that. Do I swear and call you what you sound to be, yes I do. I would rather be looked at as a person that swears (********) then a moron as you are looking now because of your illogical way of thinking. Charles if you remember I told you that you are not looked at in a good way. I told you before that while you think people agree with you (because of all the PMs you get) that there were plenty that I have heard from that dont. The amount of people that took the first chance they had to jump to a new site as soon as the offer was there should have told you I was not lying. sorry if that was a low blow but I feel it is time to get my point across to you.

Head Honcho
    07-20-2009, 05:28 PM #66
    Bullshit, you have already shown yourself to not understand business or do I have to bring up your dounut comments and you changing the price of them to the point where the price makes no business sense at all.
    You are missing the point of that whole analogy. In business its always about finding the right price point to compete and still make money. You have to offer a product worth a price... the "donut" and the "$.10" were simply examples... not actual business cases. I dont know why you don't understand that. Go back and reread.

when at the same time you had Tyler (your only writer at the time) saying on his radio show he was getting pennies per hour from it. You basically said in a open forum that Tyler was lying. Your main asset you degrade, thats a smart business man (I am being sarcastic).
    The website itself brings in a decent amount of money. I stand by that. Tyler, based on the time he puts into the site felt that he was making pennies per hour. None of this has anything to do with the Sirius XM application.

Yes you did, by the conclusions you made that SIRIXM is doing terrible compared to Pandora using the Iphone app down load as a basis in this instance.
    No, I didn't.

By the way please if you are going to use my words then at least leave the whole thing.
    I removed it because my point stands with that piece of the comment. If someone here posts something that is a full paragraph long but only makes one point, it is common place on forums to grab the piece of the paragraph that sums up the entire paragraph and simply address the snippet.

Now anyone that has read your posts Charles knows you have so dont try to denie it now. I mean holy crap that is what started this arguement or have you forgot.
    They can, that is the point of this forum. My comments stand on their own and so do yours. Which is why I don't call you names. If I am "an asshole" then people will come to that conclusion, they don't need you to say it. If they think you are retarded than they think you are retarded, I dont have to say it.

I will say it again; NOT ALL THE IPHONE USERS HAVE A SIRIXM SUBSCRIPTION AND TO THINK THAT THEY WOULD OR THAT THAT IS NOT A DISADVANTAGE IS RIDICULOUS.
    I understand that they do not. Sirius XM as a company, has a goal, that goal is to get as many people with iPhones to subscribe to Sirius XM. It is not a disadvantage, its advatageous, there are plenty of potential subscribers. You are still talking about free vs paid and not addressing the point of how paid dominates free in real scenarios.

To say that they are at a disadvantage only reflects your belief that the two services are very similar... that is fine. I DO NOT AGREE. There is nothing to argue about man. I think Sirius XM and Pandora are very different and Sirius XM needs to make themselves even more different.

Then why all the negitive comments about the SIRIXM app being behind the Pardora one. Also you expected it because of other unreasonable expectations not because of what I have been telling you.
    Never once negative... you are construing it as negative. I simply stated the news an position of the app, as more people complained, I left all opinion out of my posts by simply stating things like "Sirius XM now at #10" what part of that statement is negative?

REALLY do you think I am any different in real life.
    I sure hope so, it would be sad if you acted and talked like this in real life. I do know for a fact you would never talk to me like this to my face so, why do it online?

because of your illogical way of thinking.
    Calling someone illogical does not make them so, it simply makes you look like you need to add digs to your arguement because it doesnt stand on its own. If someone is dumb, illogical, or an asshole, you dont have to write it over and over and over in a post, the people will read it and figure it out for themselves.

Charles if you remember I told you that you are not looked at in a good way. I told you before that while you think people agree with you (because of all the PMs you get) that there were plenty that I have heard from that dont.
    Sure, there is no doubt about it, thats how the world works. Just like more people have privately complained to me about you moreso than any other forum member... but they are probably ALL just assholes right?

The amount of people that took the first chance they had to jump to a new site as soon as the offer was there should have told you I was not lying.
    Those same people jumped here from SA the first chance they got. They will jump again. I dont take it personally, thats what happens on the net, people bounce from forum to forum, just look at all of the Howard Stern forums and how the power and moderators jump around. If people really left this website ONLY because of me then they have issues which they should address.

sorry if that was a low blow but I feel it is time to get my point across to you.
    Its not a low blow and you yourself think those people are NOT better off where they are now... much like they will learn, and probably already have but, are too proud to admit it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    07-20-2009, 08:52 PM #67
    "You are missing the point of that whole analogy. In business its always about finding the right price point to compete and still make money. You have to offer a product worth a price... the "donut" and the "$.10" were simply examples... not actual business cases. I dont know why you don't understand that. Go back and reread."

I dont have to my memory must be better then yours. You went from a dollar to .50 to a nickle. the fact is you knew I was correct and then had to change your numbers so that you could get the result you wanted (that by the way is your problem). The problem is that while the result was that yes those dounuts would most likely go faster you forgot that it made a bad business model (you would be bankrupt because it cost more to make the dounut then you where selling them for). Hence why you have no business sense. That would be like saying SIRIXM go from 12.95 per month for a subscription to 65 cents per month. Do you see how ridiculous it is now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"The website itself brings in a decent amount of money. I stand by that. Tyler, based on the time he puts into the site felt that he was making pennies per hour. None of this has anything to do with the Sirius XM application."

First of all thankyou for admitting that I was correct in that arguement that we had on that subject (Tyler made pennies per hour, spent alot of time on this site and got really nothing in the amount of money in return). Also SIRIXM brings in 2.4 billion do you think Mel is happy with that. Finally it was you that brought up your business sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"No, I didn't."

I guess we will have to let people decide for themselves what you have said. For me, I remember you trying to compare the two using the Iphone app down load rate and basically saying, SIRIXM is doing terrible because of that comparison.

I removed it because my point stands with that piece of the comment. If someone here posts something that is a full paragraph long but only makes one point, it is common place on forums to grab the piece of the paragraph that sums up the entire paragraph and simply address the snippet.

Bullshit, and as a matter of fact it was the answer for your comment. of your "no I didn't" I put it in because I knew what you were going to say before you even said it.

This was the whole exghange:

Originally Posted by john
    So I guess you think every Iphone user is going to buy a subscription to SIRIXM right from the start, dumbass (hence why cable TV took so long to overtake regular TV.), DHAAAA.

"No I dont."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by john
    So your business sense told you that every Iphone user heard SIRIXM was going to have a app

"No it didn't."

I then answered you before you even had those comments above with this (the part you left out):

"I know, I know, You can try and say you dont think that but that had to be your premise behind your trying to compare the two THIS SOON after being out, got you didn't I. I mean that was you trying to do that right. That was you giving the doom and gloom over the issue of SIRIXMs app falling behind Pandoras THIS SOON after, right."

That answered you before you had said it. Some how I doubt it was cut out of the middle of you hack job for the purpose you give now.

They can, that is the point of this forum. My comments stand on their own and so do yours. Which is why I don't call you names. If I am "an asshole" then people will come to that conclusion, they don't need you to say it. If they think you are retarded than they think you are retarded, I dont have to say it.

That is true, they do. As for the name calling it makes me feel better to just say it. After writting something time and time and time again, to get some comon sense through peoples thick heads, I feel it to be a good release. If there is anything I cant stand is stupid people they cause others to die. Like that "lloyd Handwerker" who wants people to drive tin cups because of beliefs of a myth. Not realizing that for every 100lb. of metal that is removed from a car that an additional 1,200 people die in accidents per year.

"I understand that they do not. Sirius XM as a company, has a goal, that goal is to get as many people with iPhones to subscribe to Sirius XM. It is not a disadvantage, its advatageous, there are plenty of potential subscribers. You are still talking about free vs paid and not addressing the point of how paid dominates free in real scenarios.

To say that they are at a disadvantage only reflects your belief that the two services are very similar... that is fine. I DO NOT AGREE. There is nothing to argue about man. I think Sirius XM and Pandora are very different and Sirius XM needs to make themselves even more different."

Holy crap, Charles I have never changed from this;

"I will say it again; NOT ALL THE IPHONE USERS HAVE A SIRIXM SUBSCRIPTION AND TO THINK THAT THEY WOULD OR THAT THAT IS NOT A DISADVANTAGE IS RIDICULOUS."

That was the only points I and several others have been making from the start til now.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Never once negative... you are construing it as negative. I simply stated the news an position of the app, as more people complained, I left all opinion out of my posts by simply stating things like "Sirius XM now at #10" what part of that statement is negative?"

Because you and Tyler both added that they needed to to other things if they want to pass Pandora. You both also put it in a context that made it seem like if they had done these things before they would have not been below Pandora. I say you are dreaming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I sure hope so, it would be sad if you acted and talked like this in real life. I do know for a fact you would never talk to me like this to my face so, why do it online?"

Well I do and believe it or not people after they get to know me think I am one of their most trust worthy friends. If your an ass I will say it to your face and not behind your back. Yes I would, I would talk to you face to face just as I do here. If you dont make any sense here and you did it face to face I would call you a moron to your face.

P.S. I just asked the wife about this to confirm it myself and she said "yes you would that your tact is what you see is what you get." I am LOL.

"Calling someone illogical does not make them so, it simply makes you look like you need to add digs to your arguement because it doesnt stand on its own. If someone is dumb, illogical, or an asshole, you dont have to write it over and over and over in a post, the people will read it and figure it out for themselves."

This comment was answered before in the 4th part of this post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sure, there is no doubt about it, thats how the world works. Just like more people have privately complained to me about you moreso than any other forum member... but they are probably ALL just assholes right?"

If you recall I was not the one that brought it up. Here is your comment that did;

"In your opinion... don't worry, there are plenty that agree with me AND I assure you, I will sleep OK tonight. Again, calling me a moron does not add to your cause or the point (whatever it is) that you are trying to make."

I made a simple analogy. Now you know about how many times I was told about you.

Now as for them being assholes, they are most likely the politically correct types I would consider to be assholes. I am sure in there politically correct circles they are considered fine by each other.

"Those same people jumped here from SA the first chance they got. They will jump again. I dont take it personally, thats what happens on the net, people bounce from forum to forum, just look at all of the Howard Stern forums and how the power and moderators jump around. If people really left this website ONLY because of me then they have issues which they should address."

Well I will only say many are they same long time posters I have heard from about you, maybe it is just a quintessence. As for them having issues, I believe you should take a bit of your own advise and look inward.

"Its not a low blow and you yourself think those people are NOT better off where they are now... much like they will learn, and probably already have but, are too proud to admit it."

The flip side of that is that they are willing to put up with that much crap over there just not to have to come back to your site where many of them think, YOU THINK, you are king shit.

Myself, I dont care. I will stay just to be a thorn in your side and I think Brandon is more wacked then you are.

Head Honcho
    07-20-2009, 09:40 PM #68
    I dont have to my memory must be better then yours. You went from a dollar to .50 to a nickle. the fact is you knew I was correct and then had to change your numbers so that you could get the result you wanted (that by the way is your problem).
    EXACTLY! Finally we are on the same page. It was a hypothetical and analogy, the product can be anything and the price point can be anything. We just wound up picking donuts. It could have been cars, pencils, or a goat. Free goat vs paid goat who wins? The free goat has three legs and has no teeth, now I have no idea what the going rate for a goat is but if I want a goat... I wont be taking the free one.

That would be like saying SIRIXM go from 12.95 per month for a subscription to 65 cents per month. Do you see how ridiculous it is now.
    Yeah, I never said Sirius XM should be .65 per month. I have stuck by and said at least a half a dozen times now that they need to make their product compelling enough for people to want to spend money on it.

First of all thankyou for admitting that I was correct in that arguement that we had on that subject (Tyler made pennies per hour, spent alot of time on this site and got really nothing in the amount of money in return).
    I am admitting no such thing. Nor am I going to get into the specifics of our financial situations here.

I guess we will have to let people decide for themselves what you have said. For me, I remember you trying to compare the two using the Iphone app down load rate and basically saying, SIRIXM is doing terrible because of that comparison.
    No, I never said they were doing terrible because of that.

Bullshit, and as a matter of fact it was the answer for your comment. of your "no I didn't" I put it in because I knew what you were going to say before you even said it.
    It is not bullshit. Its called paraphrasing... its very common when replying on a forum. If I did not properly paraphrase in your opinion, I apologize.

That is true, they do. As for the name calling it makes me feel better to just say it. After writting something time and time and time again, to get some common sense through peoples thick heads, I feel it to be a good release.
    I am glad you feel better but, it doesnt aid in getting anything "through my head" although, I can not speak for others.

Holy crap, Charles I have never changed from this;

"I will say it again; NOT ALL THE IPHONE USERS HAVE A SIRIXM SUBSCRIPTION AND TO THINK THAT THEY WOULD OR THAT THAT IS NOT A DISADVANTAGE IS RIDICULOUS."

That was the only points I and several others have been making from the start til now.
    I get it, I read it, I do not agree. They are only at a disadvantage in your eyes because the content isn't worth the money. If (hypothetical) Pandora was the only other music app and they only had one radio station and Sirius XM had hundreds for only $10, I dont think the subscription would be an issue. It is only an issue now because it doesnt make enough sense for people to pay for it... YET.

Because you and Tyler both added that they needed to to other things if they want to pass Pandora.
    Correct, that is what I am saying

You both also put it in a context that made it seem like if they had done these things before they would have not been below Pandora. I say you are dreaming.
    We all hear you.

Well I do and believe it or not people after they get to know me think I am one of their most trust worthy friends. If your an ass I will say it to your face and not behind your back.
    I can respect that.

Yes I would, I would talk to you face to face just as I do here. If you dont make any sense here and you did it face to face I would call you a moron to your face.
    I just think that is a terrible way to live. We are all strangers (in some senses) here and talking like that to another man which have never met face to face and hasnt had the chance to know you could easily wind up costing you some serious repercussions. That said, I doubt you would say that to a stangers face.

The flip side of that is that they are willing to put up with that much crap over there just not to have to come back to your site
    Or they can't at this point.

where many of them think, YOU THINK, you are king shit.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Anyone who has taken the time to talk to me knows that I am a humble man.

Myself, I dont care. I will stay just to be a thorn in your side
    You don't bother me at all. If you truly did, I would have banned you a long time ago.

and I think Brandon is more wacked then you are.
    Thank you!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-20-2009, 10:58 PM #69
    anyone else see a pop to .464 coming? thats what i got, but it beats the tar out of me if im on the correct knowledge base. if that even made since.

Guru
    07-21-2009, 01:20 PM #70
    First of all, "mypearl" your on the wrong thread this is last weeks Thursdays thread.

I repost my comment in full below to show why you cant just take apart a persons paragraph like you do. You just dont have the memory for it or you are doing it on purpose to try and change the meaning. This is the whole paraghraph again.

I dont have to my memory must be better then yours. You went from a dollar to .50 to a nickle. the fact is you knew I was correct and then had to change your numbers so that you could get the result you wanted (that by the way is your problem). The problem is that while the result was that yes those dounuts would most likely go faster you forgot that it made a bad business model (you would be bankrupt because it cost more to make the dounut then you where selling them for). Hence why you have no business sense. That would be like saying SIRIXM go from 12.95 per month for a subscription to 65 cents per month. Do you see how ridiculous it is now.

Then this was your first answer to this was this:

"EXACTLY! Finally we are on the same page. It was a hypothetical and analogy, the product can be anything and the price point can be anything. We just wound up picking donuts. It could have been cars, pencils, or a goat. Free goat vs paid goat who wins? The free goat has three legs and has no teeth, now I have no idea what the going rate for a goat is but if I want a goat... I wont be taking the free one."

and your second answer to this was this;

"Yeah, I never said Sirius XM should be .65 per month. I have stuck by and said at least a half a dozen times now that they need to make their product compelling enough for people to want to spend money on it."

Now first of all, if you look at your second answer it makes no god dam sense if the paragraph is left together as intented. THE SECOND PART IS DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO THE FIRST. You tried to change the whole meaning of the second part by tearing it in two like you did. So in the end you did because a nickle is 1/20 of a dollar and 65 cents is almost exactly 1/20 of 12.95.

"EXACTLY! Finally we are on the same page. It was a hypothetical and analogy, the product can be anything and the price point can be anything. We just wound up picking donuts. It could have been cars, pencils, or a goat. Free goat vs paid goat who wins? The free goat has three legs and has no teeth, now I have no idea what the going rate for a goat is but if I want a goat... I wont be taking the free one."

No I am sorry but your analogy sucks because the price matters to be a good analogy the product and price has to at least look like it would make sense in making a profit on it.

"Yeah, I never said Sirius XM should be .65 per month. I have stuck by and said at least a half a dozen times now that they need to make their product compelling enough for people to want to spend money on it."

Yes you did and if you did not tear the comment into more managable pieces for yourself you would have seen that. The second part works right off the first.

Charles you may be able to get away with that kind of tactic of ripping apart comments to get some other kind of meaning with others but not me, I am a better debater then that, I see right through that ploy.

"I am admitting no such thing. Nor am I going to get into the specifics of our financial situations here."

If you go back and look at that part of that argument, it was all about how you tried to malign me about how much time I spend on this site and I said you better watch what you say because Tyler spends alot more time then me and I have at least 40 extra hours of free time then he has. You came back with, well he also gets paid for his time. I then said very very little as a matter of fact he only gets pennies per hour for the time he spends. You then said no he doesn't.

Now this was your comment to me;

"The website itself brings in a decent amount of money. I stand by that. Tyler, based on the time he puts into the site felt that he was making pennies per hour. None of this has anything to do with the Sirius XM application."

Only a moron would now try and say that you did not just admit I was correct on that prior argument.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"No, I never said they were doing terrible because of that."

You insinuated it everytime you write about it. You do that everytime you try to compare the two services on this app download rate.

"It is not bullshit. Its called paraphrasing... its very common when replying on a forum. If I did not properly paraphrase in your opinion, I apologize.

Well first of all it is not just my opinion I showed you above that it is ether done wrong by you by not knowing how to do it or you are doing it on purpose to blantly change the meaning to get something you can reply to to get to your objective. Charles it is an old trick used by debaters. If you want to do two responses to a single comment then just leave it together and use a connecting word to link to that part of that comment.

"I am glad you feel better but, it doesnt aid in getting anything "through my head" although, I can not speak for others."

Fair enough.

"I get it, I read it, I do not agree. They are only at a disadvantage in your eyes because the content isn't worth the money. If (hypothetical) Pandora was the only other music app and they only had one radio station and Sirius XM had hundreds for only $10, I dont think the subscription would be an issue. It is only an issue now because it doesnt make enough sense for people to pay for it... YET.

Not only in my eyes, it is a fact. To expect every Iphone user to have a paid SIRIXM subscription right after the app came out is ridiculous. Fact every Iphone user that does not have a SIRIXM subscription gives a disadvantage to SIRIXM. Fact to try and compare the two on how well they are doing this soon after the app release is not responsible or possible.

By the way, your comment above proves this;

Charles said; "No, I never said they were doing terrible because of that."

I then said this; You insinuated it everytime you write about it. You do that everytime you try to compare the two services on this app download rate.

I originally said;
    Because you and Tyler both added that they needed to to other things if they want to pass Pandora. You both also put it in a context that made it seem like if they had done these things before they would have not been below Pandora. I say you are dreaming.

Chales then said;
    "Correct, that is what I am saying"

First of all another bad job at paraphrasing so I repost the full comment. The problem is you believe that if SIRIXM had done all that prior to the app that they would not have been behind Pandora in the first place. Otherwise you would not be comparing them this soon after the release.

"Or they can't at this point."

That maybe true.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Anyone who has taken the time to talk to me knows that I am a humble man."

I have only what you write to get a sense of who you are so I will take your word for that.

"You don't bother me at all. If you truly did, I would have banned you a long time ago."

Well from some of your comments from before I would have got a different opinion on that. Hence why I said above, I only have what you write to go from.

"Thank you! "

I didnt say how much more!

I had to do that, LOL.

Page 7 of 8 ... 5678