Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    Mentor
    01-14-2013, 06:43 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    @ Denco

Attachment 732

The bands are getting tight again too, which way do you think it's going Brother? I know.imo I'll put my head on the chopping block and call at least $3.20 by the end of the week,
    I can see both sides of the coin. We are overbought on the RSI and other indicators, but it just seems to me with a market that is trying to continue an up move that we will move up as well to the 3.25 ish range or so before a major pullback. Options expiring this Friday so not sure if that is good or bad. 2 consecutive days with a close at 3.15 or higher. I would think we see 3.20 before we see 3.00 but thats just my opinion.

EDIT: Hope that chart of yours follows the same patern.......if so 3.20 here we come....
    Last edited by denco1; 01-14-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Addict
    01-14-2013, 07:16 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    I can see both sides of the coin. We are overbought on the RSI and other indicators, but it just seems to me with a market that is trying to continue an up move that we will move up as well to the 3.25 ish range or so before a major pullback. Options expiring this Friday so not sure if that is good or bad. 2 consecutive days with a close at 3.15 or higher. I would think we see 3.20 before we see 3.00 but thats just my opinion.

EDIT: Hope that chart of yours follows the same patern.......if so 3.20 here we come....
    I may have been quick to the draw, may get my head cut off forgot about options expiration, they could try to hold us here or lower. So I remit my call and say within the next 2 weeks instead. Either way it's all good, cause when snitzel man shows his ugly face, I'm gonna shoot him in the eye

Edit: I'm seeing +/- .10 max before the next uptrend with consolidation, Dislosure: Imo

Last edited by Redcloud; 01-14-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Addict
    01-14-2013, 07:41 PM #33
    I think it would be cool to have some kind of competition... Instead of Reps

Sure wish others would put their forecast out there....I'm not scared, in fact I thnk we close $3.15 tomorrow.

Edit: Don't mean that in a bad way, I know context can be taken outa context
    Last edited by Redcloud; 01-14-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Head Honcho
    01-14-2013, 07:44 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post
    I just HAD to load up on Apple today. Been there, done that, but it is time again. May regret it but I doubt it.

I also swing trade Organovo (ONVO). Check it out. VERY volatile. My favorite second only to our beloved SIRI, Been very good to me so far.
    This post made me think... maybe we should start stock specific threads in the market watch section? Rather than leaving dribs and drabs around, why not consolidate all the thoughts about a specific stock in a specific thread?

1. We will create a cohesive thought and timeline for each company.
    2. The focus on one stock might encourage more to comment and participate?

Personally, I am all for it but, I will leave it up to you guys.

Since Limit5Bass's market watch thread is predominantly about AAPL we can rename the thread Apple stock watch and use that as a starting point -- if he doesn't mind?

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...h-January-2013

I'll pull out my comment about Netflix and start a new thread for that in the time being...
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-14-2013, 08:52 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    IM, I know this is not exactly the answer to your dilemma..."Many cups fail after rising only 10% to 15%. Be sure to use stop-loss orders to limit losses or to maximize gains".
    PS. For those who have read and believe in a basic lesson from the "Stikky Stock Charts" note that a couple days ago the price made a third touch at the upper trend line. According to that book, the price usually reverses direction on that third touch...........just another reason to think we are on our way down..........and the real question remains: how far down?
    Thanks, and yeah thats not quite the failure I'm thinking. But you bring a point the breakout has probably topped. The next step is to confirm the breakout with a test of 3.01. Thats where I get nervous with a gap below 3.01, to fill that 3.01 test has to fail, I guess if it does, the result is a 2.91 drop.

There is some price propping going on. Last time that happened was in 2.57 area that lead to 2.36

Addict
    01-14-2013, 09:01 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Thanks, and yeah thats not quite the failure I'm thinking. But you bring a point the breakout has probably topped. The next step is to confirm the breakout with a test of 3.01. Thats where I get nervous with a gap below 3.01, to fill that 3.01 test has to fail, I guess if it does, the result is a 2.91 drop.

There is some price propping going on. Last time that happened was in 2.57 area that lead to 2.36
    My question is, What about CC? How does that figure in to that equation? I don't see how it can. In my book they are playing their cards right, them Beocthes don't know what to do!!!! Too much info left to disperse...Gla

01-14-2013, 09:03 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This post made me think... maybe we should start stock specific threads in the market watch section? Rather than leaving dribs and drabs around, why not consolidate all the thoughts about a specific stock in a specific thread?

Since Limit5Bass's market watch thread is predominantly about AAPL we can rename the thread Apple stock watch and use that as a starting point -- if he doesn't mind?

I'll pull out my comment about Netflix and start a new thread for that in the time being...
    I hear ya Buzz. I am not sure if there will be enough interest and desire to jump to other forums ( by me at least) Looking over there, at the other stock forums, not much recent activity. I know many of us swing or day trade other stocks besides SIRI, but many do not and some are holding SIRI long and just want to keep up with the knowledge base. I think it best to really really keep this all SIRI but "allow" an occasional other discussion to come up. it is rare, OR, maybe have a single "Other" stock discussion for all other equities besides SIRI.

Apple does comes up from time to time in the SIRI forum here and at the "old" board, and with such a historically low price (it was $499 early in the day) and being AAPL, I felt compelled to mention it, and buy it (again) albeit probably to see if anyone here, all my mentors essentially, thought I was nuts.

I have some long in one of my wife's retirement accounts and swing trade it from time to time getting 5-8% over short terms. With earnings next week, holiday season typically blows it out of the water, new ipad mini to add to the revenue/EBIDITA, talks with China Telecom, etc, I see SIGNIFICANT upside potential and a lot less downside potential (but it is not zero for sure). I went in big for me, # 2 holding after SIRI and above ONVO. Time will tell. I Got a "good in". $501.52, near low of the day.

I may just hold this and collect dividends and grow capital for a long while. Funny, I Keep saying that about my stocks but I keep swing trading, I guess its an itch I gotta scratch. Been working out great, though, cant complain. Taxes are a bitch though, but better to make money and pay taxes than loose it. Yeah, I trade my cash and let the "experts" manage the retirements, but I have to say I have done a LOT better than them over my lifetime, significantly actually.

Addict
    01-14-2013, 09:12 PM #38
    Anybody know what 5 stars on a thread means?

Addict
    01-14-2013, 09:23 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post

Hey Charles, it is good to see your constructive ideas. I personally prefer to visit a single thread, that being SIRI, and I don't mind, and sometimes contribute to an occasional diversion or comment about another stock. Until you mentioned it, I had no idea Limit5Bass has another thread. I just don't care to shop around in various threads. Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

PS. Anyone notice there were only two posts today over at that other site? Interesting.

PPS. If anyone knows how to contact and lure Aquademon over here, it would be to our advantage to have him here with his charting and analysis prowess.

Enthusiast
    01-14-2013, 09:40 PM #40

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Hey Charles, it is good to see your constructive ideas. I personally prefer to visit a single thread, that being SIRI, and I don't mind, and sometimes contribute to an occasional diversion or comment about another stock. Until you mentioned it, I had no idea Limit5Bass has another thread. I just don't care to shop around in various threads. Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

PS. Anyone notice there were only two posts today over at that other site? Interesting
    PPS. If anyone knows how to contact and lure Aquademon over here, it would be to our advantage to have him here with his charting and analysis prowess.
    Yes hope you find him but tell him to leave those testical avatars behind

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345