Page 5 of 5 ... 345
    Addict
    07-01-2011, 10:22 AM #41
    Sorry Spencer. I don't invest on what you think. I invest on what Mel thinks and what analysts think. That's why I have read blogs in the past. To try to get the analyst insights and possible company plans. Unfortunately with the fragmentation that hit all the Sirius blogs (the no barrier to entry resulted in everybody and their grandmother writing about Sirius) the quality of the info on blogs has deteriorated into writers just throwing their own opinions at Sirius instead of the good old fashioned deciphering of mgmt and professional analyst opinions which I love to read.

That's why I have basically now stopped reading most of the blogs. I am not after individual opinions. I am after Wall Street's and Mel's opinions. I am thankful that Sirius does finally have excellent analyst coverage. Wish Jessica was in that mix though.

Addict
    07-05-2011, 10:19 AM #42
    LOL! AARP enters the internet radio business. Honest! This is what no barrier to entry does

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/04/bu...ia/04aarp.html

AARP??? Who is next?

Addict
    07-05-2011, 10:30 AM #43
    Huffington Post - Why Turntable.FM might just end up saving music

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/conan-..._b_889366.html

Addict
    07-06-2011, 10:15 AM #44
    Huge blow to internet radio - Verizon tiered pricing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...2B0H_blog.html

Head Honcho
    07-11-2011, 03:01 PM #45
    From what I understand, customers with unlimited plans will be grandfathered in.

Also, the base data plan allows for 40+ hours of radio. Which, from what I remember, is 30 hours more than most users listen. The majority of users will not be affected. Those that listen to more than 40+ hours per week are probably the kind of power users who want more than the base data plan.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    07-11-2011, 07:31 PM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    From what I understand, customers with unlimited plans will be grandfathered in.

Also, the base data plan allows for 40+ hours of radio. Which, from what I remember, is 30 hours more than most users listen. The majority of users will not be affected. Those that listen to more than 40+ hours per week are probably the kind of power users who want more than the base data plan.
    LOL Sure if all your data use is just for radio. Doubt that one single person in this country fits that criteria. People use data while surfing the web, watching video, sending email, uploading pics to Facebook and on and on. In the real world people are using data for all these things including radio. Heck about 4 Netflix movies is 2 gigabytes in a month right there. Listen to 1 minute of radio after that on your iPad or your iPhone or Droid and you are over your data limit.

This will have a detrimental effect on internet radio listening in the car. People will have to watch their usage. A tremendous advantage for sat radio and terrestrial in radio's holy grail - the car.

By the time internet radio figures this problem out it could take years. And then we are talking about Sirius already being built in to 75 or 100 million cars. You reach a point of critical mass in revenue where Sirius can outbid internet radio on absolutely any content that they choose. Some would argue that Sirius is already at that point. I think it's fair statement.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 07-11-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Head Honcho
    07-12-2011, 03:30 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    LOL Sure if all your data use is just for radio. Doubt that one single person in this country fits that criteria.
    I do. I will surf the web in a pinch but, a phone isn't really suitable browser. Even if it were, the data transfer is minimal compared to radio listening. Same thing with video, I am not watching a movie on my phone, its not a pleasurable experience and one movie is larger than the base plan (an HD movie is 2-6 GB) so, it doesnt make sense. What does make sense? Music.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    By the time internet radio figures this problem out it could take years.
    You think they made a mobile listening platform and didn't anticipate this? LOL. Not only did they not anticipate it, it's going to take them years to do so? LOL.

They anticipated it, the majority of users will never reach their data cap because of radio. The ones who do, will be the same power users who are happy to pay for it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 5 of 5 ... 345