Addict
    02-10-2009, 11:49 PM #1

What is Mel doing now ?

Is he:

1) In closed door meeting with the BOD trying to figure out how to respond.

2) In his hot tub with Ergen, Clayton and a few hookers in his hideaway talking about the $ he will be receiving under the table to let them takeover for nothing.

3) buying plane tickets and asking the FBI to place him in a witness protection like program to hide from shareholders.

4) tied up with an apple in his mouth, getting whipped by Clayton and Ergen until he gives in to a takeover for .01/share.

Addict
    02-10-2009, 11:52 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Is he:

1) In closed door meeting with the BOD trying to figure out how to respond.

2) In his hot tub with Ergen, Clayton and a few hookers in his hideaway talking about the $ he will be receiving under the table to let them takeover for nothing.

3) buying plane tickets and asking the FBI to place him in a witness protection like program to hide from shareholders.

4) tied up with an apple in his mouth, getting whipped by Clayton and Ergen until he gives in to a takeover for .01/share.
    Obviously, number 4.

Head Honcho
    02-11-2009, 12:48 AM #3
    I don't know what he is doing but it is going to take a miracle. This company can not take this kind of publicity. I watched 20 tweets per second today of people talking about the company going bankrupt like it had already happened. I have never seen a buzz like that about Sirius in my months of watching.

On top of that, 90% of the people we mad because "they had already paid in advance" and "were going to miss the service"... these people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off... they don't even know what Chapter 11 means.

I am not saying that this company will not survive but, its going to be a lot harder then it had to be. If they spent 1 million on their web player and phone apps they wouldn't need to come up with 300 million in cash... they would have it on hand. These are a bunch of great radio guys that do not understand technology and current trends.

Netflix partnered with xbox and after 3 months of being on the xbox 360, they had 1 million new subscribers. I think that was about a 10% gain in 90 days. These Radio guys just dont have a clue and for some reason they didnt hire the people who do.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    02-11-2009, 01:51 AM #4
    Charles -

You're going to like this articles last paragraph:

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...mpaign_id=yhoo

Head Honcho
    02-11-2009, 02:10 AM #5
    Its so obvious that it is silly... and it would be cheap (relatively speaking). Netflix had a two year head start before Blockbuster realized that they were on to something. It took a half a billion dollars for Blackbuster to catch Netflix.

You have two choices in this world... be first to market and innovate OR throw money at the problem (read: Microsoft) and we know Sirius doest have money. Why they waste time trying to come up with millions of dollars and save millions of dollars when a couple of million would have given them a sexy/sticky online presence is beyond me. 4 guys without access to their system created an iPhone app in a few months!

I must now go to bed before my head explodes.

"Satellite radio may be artificially limited in its scope by relying on satellite technology as a delivery vehicle."

BRAVO!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-11-2009, 03:20 AM #6

New programming, but that it!

In a matter of 7 months, SXM and Mel have brought us some intergration of programming. Nothing more! What the hell does Mel do all day? He has done literally nothing for this company.