Page 3 of 4 1234
    Addict
    01-16-2013, 04:48 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    SLY - While I'm not IM, I'm pretty sure his avatar represents the Pittsburgh Steelers and a Vince Lombardi trophy for each year they won the Super Bowl; 6 in total.

David
    Thanks David, and yes that is exactly what it is, and for some reason I just could not pull it out of the gray matter.

Guru
    01-16-2013, 05:15 PM #22
    lol! I was reading some old posts and someone asked me the same question years ago. It reminds me of the story that the pilgrims snuck up on the indians "in plain day" because they couldn't even see the ship, they didn't know what it was for never having seen one before. Which makes me think you must be a lions fan! (sorry couldn't resist the opp to make a joke)

Addict
    01-16-2013, 05:23 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    lol! I was reading some old posts and someone asked me the same question years ago. It reminds me of the story that the pilgrims snuck up on the indians "in plain day" because they couldn't even see the ship, they didn't know what it was for never having seen one before. Which makes me think you must be a lions fan! (sorry couldn't resist the opp to make a joke)
    Naw, not lions fan here............. In fact I have changed loyalties several times along with career relocation changes.........Once was a Cowboy supporter, then Chiefs, Giants, and finally (here in south Florida, the Phins............. And the other comment you prodded me to action is that my "real" surname is Pilgrim.............. so you'd think I already know all those old stories (and John Wayne jokes).

Edit: for some reason the smileys failed to print. I was trying to indicate I was amused by the Indian story......that's not one I have heard.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 01-16-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Smilyes failed to print

01-16-2013, 05:31 PM #24
    To IMROMO: Did you once have the running horse head as your avatar, or am I thinking of someone else? That was (also) a long time ago.

Guru
    01-16-2013, 07:03 PM #25
    I don't think I had a running horse head but that sure sounds funny so maybe. I used to put my pie charts each day as the avatar.

Siri is identifying a channel 3.10 to 3.19.Buy anything under 3.10 you can. Downside risk Is 3.01. If that breaks 2.99 then see ya 2.91 fast. But there will be lots of buying at 3.01 so I have to doubt that gap gets filled.

Guru
    01-16-2013, 09:18 PM #26
    I notice all the news pumping has stopped

Head Honcho
    01-16-2013, 11:37 PM #27
    I'm thinking about instituting a custom coded new rule that hides attached images/charts from lurkers. What do you guys think? Once you have 5 posts, the attachments would be visible. I'm hoping this helps newcomers engage and makes some people looking for a bit of privacy happy that people who don't participate wont see your stuff. Discuss...
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-17-2013, 12:29 AM #28

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I'm thinking about instituting a custom coded new rule that hides attached images/charts from lurkers. What do you guys think? Once you have 5 posts, the attachments would be visible. I'm hoping this helps newcomers engage and makes some people looking for a bit of privacy happy that people who don't participate wont see your stuff. Discuss...
    I better stop lurking! I have buys in at 3.06 and 2.99.
    Last edited by bonewagon; 01-17-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Head Honcho
    01-17-2013, 12:46 AM #29
    I appreciate that bonewagon.

I know not everyone has something constructive to say all the time but, just saying hello helps pass the time in the daily thread. If you don't have any technical ability, tell a joke, say thanks, or mention some other money investing/saving ideas. I'm sure everyone can add some value in their own way.

I'm not trying to pressure anyone -- just give it a shot. If after a few posts you think its stupid, disappear into the crowd.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-17-2013, 02:26 AM #30
    No worries Charles. I'm glad the forum is alive and look forward to participating more. Also, Denco shot me the bat symbol on a thread a few days ago.

Page 3 of 4 1234