Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    Mentor
    01-17-2013, 09:18 AM #1

1/17/13 SIRI Daily Thread - Lurker Lock Down

Morning All

Charles, I like the idea of the lurker lock down limit action. Maybe even 10 posts to make things even a bit more private. 5 posts is pretty easy.

SIRI looks like it wants to test a bit lower with a close under the 5. We shall see today. Here's hoping for a pop back up over the 5 and then 3.15. A little good news would help but things look a dry till CC more than likely.

Addict
    01-17-2013, 09:42 AM #2
    'mornin Denco and others as they awaken and find their way here.

I agree that we likely will continue to see lower sp today, and hopefully it'll rebound before it finds that gap down around 2.92. I have dry powder in waiting there, just in case, but would rather see a test of 3.15 and above. No good news on the horizon that I see. I just searched Investor Relations over at the SXM site, but nothing mentioned yet of a scheduled date for the Q4 CC. Does anyone have a guess when that will be?

Just as a "stock pick" tease, take a look at FSLR (First Solar). Looking back 6 months or so, note how it consistently reverses off of the upper and lower trend lines respectively. It has recently bounced off of the upper trend line, and now we see the BBs beginning to narrow while recently also the 50dma has ascended the 200 dma, forming the Golden Cross. I'm thinking a buy at the support (lower trend) line ($28.75 or so) might be a profitable move to consider. Just a thought....... and if it continues to look promising, I'll post it over in that other thread.

Enthusiast
    01-17-2013, 09:58 AM #3
    A Different Investment Idea....

For those that listen to the radio show, I outlined a pharma company that I have invested in that I believe has potential. I shared that company last evening. In addition I wrote a piece on Seeking Alpha about it. The company is Retrophin and the symbol is RTRX. The article link:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1117...huge-potential

01-17-2013, 10:15 AM #4
    Thanks for the tip... I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Osborne View Post
    A Different Investment Idea....

For those that listen to the radio show, I outlined a pharma company that I have invested in that I believe has potential. I shared that company last evening. In addition I wrote a piece on Seeking Alpha about it. The company is Retrophin and the symbol is RTRX. The article link:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1117...huge-potential

Enthusiast
    01-17-2013, 10:25 AM #5
    Morning guys!!!! I have been looking at that gap (2.95-2.92) and here are my thoughts.

1.Good support in the $3.00 area from the run up just prior, with peaks that topped out around December 18 with good volume. Good volume = good support.
    2. A retrace from our last leg up starting the first of January using a 62% retrace, would put us at $3.00.
    3. This one is close, but a support trend line that started on June 25th could possibly also not allow it to happen.
    4. So with all that I don't know if it will fill. Just a guess.

You guys know more than I do. So I would appreciate you comments.

Thanks from the dumb azz investor
    Last edited by abcdarin; 01-17-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Enthusiast
    01-17-2013, 10:38 AM #6
    So it looks like we gapped up slightly today; previously close of 3.12 and an open of 3.14. Anyone playing this gap?

David

01-17-2013, 10:48 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    So it looks like we gapped up slightly today; previously close of 3.12 and an open of 3.14. Anyone playing this gap?

David
    I snagged some 3.12 late yesterday. I don't think there's a gap to worry about.

01-17-2013, 10:52 AM #8
    Through the last three years I've been accumulating shares in siri . My left pocket holds shares to be held . My right pocket holds shares that I took from the left pocket to play with daily , weekly, monthly with the idea to see what I could gain in additional shares . To date I've done pretty well . Many times I've wanted to sell and get the hell out .FOMO had alot to do with it. Nonetheless I held to my original plan and it has worked .
    Stephen Faulkner put out an article I really liked. For those why may have missed it try this read. http://seekingalpha.com/article/1116...ticle_readmore

Mentor
    01-17-2013, 11:26 AM #9
    Just when you think he's breaking down......doggy sports a little chub and gets back to business.

Will be interesting to see if 3.15 holds again after a EDIT - Two - day closing dip.

EDIT: Seems the trading pattern has changed. Maybe because we are in a market that still wants to move higher.
    Last edited by denco1; 01-17-2013 at 12:57 PM.

01-17-2013, 11:30 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Morning All

Charles, I like the idea of the lurker lock down limit action. Maybe even 10 posts to make things even a bit more private. 5 posts is pretty easy.
    CLR, However you wish to proceed is great, by me. I am just happy SB is full of activity- a great alternative to SWP and its successor site.

Page 1 of 6 123 ...