Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...
    05-27-2009, 01:06 PM #51
    I am just as frustrated with this long road as you guys,

But in 2005, those valuations were still based on speculation. There was NO competition to SATRAD, hell the ipod had barely been out. Not to mention the economy and markets were near their highs and overvalued in general.

It's clearly a different world now and while SIRIUS has made it through and are on the road to making money, they STILL have yet to make a dime, have billions in debt and competition everywhere.

I want a $1 sp too,,,,hell I want $2, but I'm trying to see how it will get there legitimately and not based on fluf.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 01:28 PM #52
    there was no competition? really? its not based on speculation now too? really?

Guru
    05-27-2009, 01:35 PM #53
    no movement today? really? not down, not up...guess we are just right...

05-27-2009, 01:36 PM #54
    iPhone in 2005---------------NO
    Internet radio in 2005--------NO
    Wi Fi in 2005----------------NO
    Slackdora in 2005------------NO

In 2005 SIRIUS was about the coolest thing in the dashboard on a highend car. Now it's just one of the MANY options in the cars computer.......

Have you seen the markets over the past year? Name a few companies that are overvalued in today's market based on speculation? There're arn't many. In 2005, THEY ALL WERE...........

I'm not splitting hairs with you trip, I'm just looking past today's sp and wondering how it goes higher other that you thinking it should....

Mentor
    05-27-2009, 01:46 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by SD-08 View Post

In 2005 SIRIUS was about the coolest thing in the dashboard on a highend car. Now it's just one of the MANY options in the cars computer.......

Have you seen the markets over the past year? Name a few companies that are overvalued in today's market based on speculation? There're arn't many. In 2005, THEY ALL WERE...........

I'm not splitting hairs with you trip, I'm just looking past today's sp and wondering how it goes higher other that you thinking it should....
    Because of the simple metrics you use to calculate earnings. When they are positive EBITA, they have value. They arent even fully operational yet. Still defining themselves. Still evolving. Adding services and value. This is the bare bone stock price. Dont know how you can see it otherwise. This is the worst auto sales in our modern history price. Only place to go is up. Proved solvent till 2011. 2 years to cut costs, add value, and grow. Already profitable at 15 million subs. Iphone app, used car markets cut SAC, and add to ARPU(internet charge).
    Their fair market cap value on any low ball guess is still around .50 cents. So make your case for why is over valued. Low percentage of institutional ownership means they are still buying here. Probably wont move up and hold till they are done, or the shorts are convinced they cant milk this pig further.

Addict
    05-27-2009, 01:47 PM #56

Agreed. It's gonna take hard numbers to get us to a buck and beyond. Sure, some crazy news could cause it to jump....hell....what caused the spike to
    .63 recently? Who knows.....and a spike will happen again too. But, for sustained movement upwards will take sustained good financial news from the company. I think S-XM headed in the right direction with cost cutting, iPhone app, etc. But this is going to take a while, unfortunately. If you are long, no problem......

05-27-2009, 01:49 PM #57

You should not be a LONG. You just pointed out 4 reasons to short the stock. You have nothing good to say about Sirius at all.

What you should be looking at is the fact that we will be profitable in the next few quarters. We are now the largest radio based on revenue. We have new leadership with Malone having a 40% stake in the company. DirectTV is now a sister company (if you wanna look at it that way), and there is going to be something big coming soon in regards to new types of services.

You're crazy if you think Malone is going to invest 430 million into a company and sit back and collect it's 18% or whatever it is they are charging. He's in it for a lot more than that. SIRI has a monopoly right now and WILL find a way to utilize its infrastructure to branch its services out into other verticals.

So do me a favor. Sell me your 80,000 shares right now for .37, and then promise to leave this forum. Don't tell us your LONG SIRIUS and then shit all over it with negative comments about NO WIFI, NO THIS NO THAT. 19 million people aren't going anywhere trust me. If computer companies were to think this way and say, "oh geez PDAs let you do everything, let's stop making computers", NO, then we wouldnt' be sitting in front a monitor right now. SIRI WILL EVENTUALLY BREAK THE $1, and those who are TRUE LONGS will benefit. So do me a favor again and just do what everyone else is doing and sell your shares in the AM at .36, then buy back in at .34. Do that a bunch of times and you'll be good. Or you can do what I'm doing and invest, sit back and wait, and then collect when we reach $10 in 4 years from now. AHH financial freedom.

SORRY BAD EXAMPLE, JUST COULDN't THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE. YOU GET THE PICTURE.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 01:50 PM #58
    funny if ui ntoice all those spikes to .35 were all big buys, people looking to load up alot of shares have to buy at .35 cause not shit availiable at .34. onto sd's point i dont know what it can be valued in the future, i just know .34 is not it. i think it could reach a dollar, but once u start getting to 2 and beyond thats when the float should slow it down.

Mentor
    05-27-2009, 01:55 PM #59

SD-08,basic formula being conservative is 8-12 times Future earnings EPS,and right now we don't make any money.But that is changing starting this year,so if we get positive 2Q FCF and EBITDA is holding true to 1Q we will make money this year .Now when guidance can be given on future earnings is when you will see money begin to flow into SP and we will see $1 to $1.50,probably by August 2Q cc or after..

Guru
    05-27-2009, 02:35 PM #60
    any1 familiar with the elliot wave theory, just learning about it myself.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2463/...b8cd40f8_o.jpg

Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...