Page 2 of 4 1234
    11-19-2008, 01:14 PM #11
    Those reports are off of the mutual funds quarterly report to the SEC.

Which means the transactions actually occured between 7/01/08 and 9/30/08

The merger was completed during that time, so you can assume that the MS's were making those buys based on the merger news..........just like us..

11-20-2008, 09:50 AM #12

Institutional buys and reverse split

Could there be something that we don't know? I am wondering if these buys have anything to do with the reverse split. I am trying to wait out the storm but a reverse split will ruin me..because I did not get my stock at $20. a share!!! that is why I am wondering if the big insitutions know something we don't know.

This looks fishy to me. It seems that the negative comments about the stock causes a lot of panic...but why the big buys? The stock price is an opportunity for big business to invest whereas as a senior with an IRA involved there is no more money to invest at this time, we are just trying to hang on! Let's face it...the small investor is the big loser here.

Mentor
    11-20-2008, 02:14 PM #13
    Siriusowner: Let me ask you an honest question...

Do you actually know how a reverse split works? You have been saying some stuff here and on other forums that make me doubt that. If you do not fully understand it, let us know and we will be happy to explain it to you.

Mentor
    11-20-2008, 02:23 PM #14
    Here are some more big institutional buys reported since I made the list.....

Goldman Sachs still adding.....mmmmmmmmm?

Goldman Sachs Group Inc Institution 2008-11-19
    Added More
    2,803,221 shares - Total Shares = 11,244,513

Nwi Management Lp Institution 2008-11-18
    New Holding
    1,128,000 shares

Castleark Management Llc Institution 2008-11-18
    New Holding
    316,020 shares
    Last edited by Demian; 11-20-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Addict
    11-20-2008, 06:14 PM #15

Let me give you an honest answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Siriusowner: Let me ask you an honest question...

Do you actually know how a reverse split works? You have been saying some stuff here and on other forums that make me doubt that. If you do not fully understand it, let us know and we will be happy to explain it to you.

And this will be my last post here and in the forum:

I know how these the splits work right ?

What I do not understand is how come you all did not sell SIRI before the merger ? Everyone did.... You sell the buyer, you buy the seller. That is how I became Siri owner and I hedged, unfortunately I did not sell Siri on time and I got stuck with the damn options, which most likely will expire whortless.

Anyway, good luck, hope the company does not go belly up. I will keep the postion but I will not post here anymore. There's no true help on how to fix this bad trade.

11-20-2008, 06:26 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Here are some more big institutional buys reported since I made the list.....

Goldman Sachs still adding.....mmmmmmmmm?

Goldman Sachs Group Inc Institution 2008-11-19
    Added More
    2,803,221 shares - Total Shares = 11,244,513

Nwi Management Lp Institution 2008-11-18
    New Holding
    1,128,000 shares

Castleark Management Llc Institution 2008-11-18
    New Holding
    316,020 shares

Thanks for the information!!

Mentor
    11-20-2008, 07:43 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    And this will be my last post here and in the forum:

I know how these the splits work right ?

What I do not understand is how come you all did not sell SIRI before the merger ? Everyone did.... You sell the buyer, you buy the seller. That is how I became Siri owner and I hedged, unfortunately I did not sell Siri on time and I got stuck with the damn options, which most likely will expire whortless.

Anyway, good luck, hope the company does not go belly up. I will keep the postion but I will not post here anymore. There's no true help on how to fix this bad trade.
    SiriusOwner, I never meant to offend, and if you took it that way I appologize. I never want a forum poster to leave the boards, and hope you will reconsider. The reason that I asked is that Sirius attracts a lot of "rookie" type investors, many of whom come to these forums, and some of them are not familiar with many of the terms associated with investing.

For anyone unfamilliar with RS, here is the breakdown. Note: I am using FAKE numbers here for ease of understanding.

Lets say Sirius was at $1 per share, and had 1000 shares outstanding. You own 100 shares.
    Sirius decides to do a 10 for 1 reverse split.
    When this happens, your 100 shares at $1 ($100 investment) becomes 10 shares at $10 (still a total of $100 investment). It is an even transaction and you loose absolutely nothing in the equasion.

Lets say you bought your 100 shares, instead, at $2 per share ($200 total invesment, but at the time of the RS, the share price is at $1. You would still end up with 10 shares at $10, for the $100 total value, but instead of the stock having to go to $2 to break even, it now has to go to $20, but either way, that is still a 100% stock price increase in order to get your money back.

As I have said, Reverse splits has traditionally been a despration attempt, and has only been done "successfully" by a limited number of companies, but at this point, the company is desparate.

As for your other question as to why we did not sell SIRI and get into XM: I personally did. My last 4-5 purchases were of XM, not of Sirius. The arb play was inviting, but in the end, it really didnt matter one bit.

Enthusiast
    11-20-2008, 07:57 PM #18
    Is Siriusowner the same as Siriusownerjlk?
    The former seems to know what he's talking about and I find his posts worth reading. I agree that the post by the other guy was confusing and it did seem like he wasn't clear on what happens in a reverse split - either that or he didn't explain his theory properly.

Mentor
    11-20-2008, 08:20 PM #19
    S*$T. win, NICE CATCH. I never even saw that... and apparently, neither did Siriusowner.

SiriusOwner: My post was intended for SiriusownerJLK, not you. My appologies. I did not see the three other letters at the end of the screen name. The post that I was refering to is post #12 above which is under the screen name Siriusownerjlk.

Mentor
    11-21-2008, 08:06 PM #20
    Another big institutional buy reported today.....

Stark Offshore Management Llc Institution 2008-11-20
    New Holding
    1,645,880 shares

Page 2 of 4 1234