Legend
    07-07-2010, 01:49 PM #1

CBO Says Climate Bill Would Cut Deficit by 19 BILLION.

Could it be that another lie about the energy bill has fallen by the wayside?
    I couldnt resist taking time out from work to post this. It was just too juicy.

Does anyone know how many pages this bill is? i want to make sure i am prepared for S&L's critique.

CBO Says Climate Bill Would Cut Deficit by $19B
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: July 7, 2010

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Congressional budget experts say a climate and energy bill now stalled in the Senate would reduce the federal deficit by about $19 billion over the next decade, a key selling point for advocates who are struggling to move the bill through a divided Congress.

The Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday that the bill would increase federal revenues by about $751 billion from 2011 to 2020, mostly though the sale of carbon credits in so-called a cap-and-trade plan applied to utilities and other sectors of the economy. The measure would increase spending by about nearly $732 billion.

The bill is sponsored by Sens. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Joe Lieberman, I-Conn.

Guru
    07-07-2010, 05:59 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Could it be that another lie about the energy bill has fallen by the wayside?
    I couldnt resist taking time out from work to post this. It was just too juicy.
    prepared for S&L's critique.
    Does anyone know how many pages this bill is? i want to make sure i am

CBO Says Climate Bill Would Cut Deficit by $19B
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: July 7, 2010

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Congressional budget experts say a climate and energy bill now stalled in the Senate would reduce the federal deficit by about $19 billion over the next decade, a key selling point for advocates who are struggling to move the bill through a divided Congress.

The Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday that the bill would increase federal revenues by about $751 billion from 2011 to 2020, mostly though the sale of carbon credits in so-called a cap-and-trade plan applied to utilities and other sectors of the economy. The measure would increase spending by about nearly $732 billion.

The bill is sponsored by Sens. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Joe Lieberman, I-Conn.
    1758 pages. Another whopper.

Here's the bill. Enjoy.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...1733rs.txt.pdf

I did find an 18 page summary. It may be a little easier to read.

http://pdf.wri.org/wri_summary_ameri...2010-06-07.pdf

Honestly speaking, I can't even gleen an idea from the summary.

Legend
    07-07-2010, 07:24 PM #3
    Wow only 1758 pages and it saves 19 billion. Lets make it longer.

Guru
    07-07-2010, 07:44 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Wow only 1758 pages and it saves 19 billion. Lets make it longer.
    You don't even know what's in it. Neither do I.

Legend
    07-07-2010, 08:52 PM #5
    Please tell me you understood that i was joking. You are starting to scare me
    S&L. That was PURE comedy. Nothing else. LMFAO.