Page 12 of 24 ... 2101112131422 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    12-07-2009, 05:08 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    just sold half my remaining shares of QASP. i now have 125K free shares of QASP and lets see if it does anything.
    BASS, I picked up another 200 contracts of QXOCA at 5 cents today. I'm banking on this one!!!

12-07-2009, 05:30 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I sold my 200K of QASP at ,034 today. I made my 50% and I'm happy. I thought I'd never get out of that one alive!!!!

The company does look OK. I may buy back in again if it drops a bit. But, I'm a happy camper with money in the bank on that one.

SPRINT is really running folks. I paid off my house this year with the ups and downs of this company. I think it was up over 12% today.
    Congrats Chuck!!! Looks like you timed it just right about the HOD on QASP!!!!

I would love to one day pay off the home with my stock trading!!! What a relief that would be. Holding on to my QASP shares until i see a reason not too!!!

Andy

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 05:57 PM #113
    I sold my 200K of QASP at ,034 today. I made my 50% and I'm happy. I thought I'd never get out of that one alive!!!!

The company does look OK. I may buy back in again if it drops a bit. But, I'm a happy camper with money in the bank on that one.

SPRINT is really running folks. I paid off my house this year with the ups and downs of this company. I think it was up over 12% today.
    How did qasp finish up today - you made a good choice with 0.034, I looked at the chart earlier today... going a penny shy of each 0.05 level is likely the way to go to make sure you have liquidity - you saw what happened to my ASFX order at 0.049, too close to the 0.050 target - price went higher, but no liquidity. QASP has a much narrower range, so 0.34 was the best number I figure.

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 06:01 PM #114
    BASS, I picked up another 200 contracts of QXOCA at 5 cents today. I'm banking on this one!!!
    I picked up some contracts too... I'm hoping it taps the 1.08 the day before earnings on high volatility.

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 06:02 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Congrats Chuck!!! Looks like you timed it just right about the HOD on QASP!!!!

I would love to one day pay off the home with my stock trading!!! What a relief that would be. Holding on to my QASP shares until i see a reason not too!!!

Andy
    Didn't get that far in the posts, looks like Candle hit the top!

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 06:14 PM #116
    candle , dave, you guys are lucky.... im stuck at an avg of .15 for my contracts

dont know if i should worry or not, but i did buy hoping that Q4 report would do something if that Q3 was a dud...so i still have some firepower left for a profit or a breakeven.. gl all.

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 06:24 PM #117
    candle , dave, you guys are lucky.... im stuck at an avg of .15 for my contracts

dont know if i should worry or not, but i did buy hoping that Q4 report would do something if that Q3 was a dud...so i still have some firepower left for a profit or a breakeven.. gl all.
    I was only looking into getting 20 contracts - money management you know - with the price is where it's at, I'm forecasting bumping $1.08 before earnings.

The fact that earnings came in at 0 this quarter, and with xmas and such coming up, can see perhaps a run by the next earnings season.

But here's the thing with options, they are soo tricky, that if you do have a chance to yank your original out, do so. Remember, it's not just the price that moves them, but the volatility. So, if SIRI makes a strong move up (like a spike), the option will increase in price based on that besides the siri pps - so if you're worried about taking some money off the table - time it on a spike. If we do get some run up in the 70's or 80's you should be pretty good for taking a profit.

Right now, you can see the volatility is really low, so the price is deflated because of that... the candles are tiny, nasdaq isn't looking to hot at the moment, etc. AAPL is pulling back - broke it's trendline today (I got out of that on friday I think)... but AAPL should rally before it's earnings, as - iphones and their other products had a lot of strength last xmas - so that should lift the nasdaq and other tech plays.

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 06:36 PM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Hey Shots,

I'm enjoying this ride right now, but also have my concerns as well. I'm green now, but don't intend to shave off till at least I make a 100%, which puts me @ .06 in one acct, and .03 in the other. But that depends on how things go with the stock...just seems like it's trading like this is the real deal. At .10 Cents I could pay off all my debts, except the home.

Behl ran to .15 on no news and I should have sold then too. I ended up getting out at .032 with a nice profit on my $500 investment. I'm going to be watching this close...dang I wish I had L2 at work just to watch how the MM's play this thing over the next week.
    Andy - usually I don't like to pipe in on what to do specifically - especially to people who hunt, lol - but this time, I'd just like to say my opinion is to plan your exits on a technical, fundamental or speculative price that you think is a decent qasp target, and not on a price based on where you personally want your profits to be. Does that make sense? ie. I'd like to just have what it takes to make a down payment on a home in san diego, but I'm not holding onto all my plays until that happens, just the good ones. Just trying to help. It's all my opinion, but sometimes I think concentrating on the dollars or results (especially with a lot riding on them) as opposed to the stock's fundamentals/technicals and its price itself makes your trading too emotional and whacky - at least it does for me. That's it. Sounds like you are going to play it depending on the action - but just wanted to throw it out there for you, and perhaps anyone else.

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 06:46 PM #119

Example of volatility and the price - I actually have had my order in for about 3 weeks - I couldn't get a fill at 0.05 until today. I dropped it from 20 to 10 contracts a few trading days ago - but regardless - the siri stock price is higher today to buy contracts at 0.05 at times, then it was during the last few weeks where I couldn't get a fill unless I went to 0.10... I know, cause I couldn't get a fill - or maybe I was in line for so long... that's not true either, because when I modified the order, it canceled the previous - so strike that - basically, the lull in volatility made it possible for me to finally get a fill. You can see that a price for siri stock of 0.60 was almost hit in the last few weeks several times, and my order wasn't taken. I'll likely try to get another 20 tomorrow - and make it 30. That's still within a money management range that I'm ok with. I'm not the greatest with buying options for more than 1-3 days. So until I learn, I'm not putting up a lot of dough, but I think the probabilities are good at coming out ok.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 12-07-2009 at 06:48 PM.

12-07-2009, 08:29 PM #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Andy - usually I don't like to pipe in on what to do specifically - especially to people who hunt, lol - but this time, I'd just like to say my opinion is to plan your exits on a technical, fundamental or speculative price that you think is a decent qasp target, and not on a price based on where you personally want your profits to be. Does that make sense? ie. I'd like to just have what it takes to make a down payment on a home in san diego, but I'm not holding onto all my plays until that happens, just the good ones. Just trying to help. It's all my opinion, but sometimes I think concentrating on the dollars or results (especially with a lot riding on them) as opposed to the stock's fundamentals/technicals and its price itself makes your trading too emotional and whacky - at least it does for me. That's it. Sounds like you are going to play it depending on the action - but just wanted to throw it out there for you, and perhaps anyone else.
    Dave, thanks for the input...I understand what your saying, I really do. It's just I still haven't grasped some of the technical aspects of reading those charts to try and figure out good entry and exit points on any of my picks, so have relied on just what my gut tells me to do. My gut feeling is QASP wil probably pullback a little tomorrow and continue to move north until the 15th, unless something is leaked before hand.

By no means am I counting my chickens ($$$$) before they hatch, so to speak. I can dream about where I want this pps to be at, can't I? As long as I'm not putting ernest money down on that million dollar home I've been eyeing, right? Im in the green now and if my gut is wrong, I know what pps I will be happy with if it does start to head south, so I won't cry if I don't hit it big with this one.

Thanks again, Andy
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 12-07-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Page 12 of 24 ... 2101112131422 ...