Page 8 of 10 ... 678910
    Guru
    06-29-2009, 04:38 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    i just had this happen to me 15 min ago with a stock we discuss in the WEEKLY MARKET THREAD - BCLE.. i had a buy limit of 41k shares @ .024 put in the afternoon. about 10 minutes before close, it dipped to .0235 with about 185k shares traded and my order didnt execute then it went back to .025. i called etrade, they said they will do a trade inquiry and respond to me within 24 hours, then about 2 minutes after my call, the trade went through, it executed at 4:02:59pm at my limit price. thanx john, i wouldnt have called them if you didnt post that

No problem, most think there is nothing that can be done. The fact is there are rules even the MMs have to follow. If there is the volume and the trades are there then your bid that was in well before all the rest, it has to go through before theirs. I have had to call two times before this time to get the shares because of this type of crap.

06-29-2009, 06:18 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    No problem, most think there is nothing that can be done. The fact is there are rules even the MMs have to follow. If there is the volume and the trades are there then your bid that was in well before all the rest, it has to go through before theirs. I have had to call two times before this time to get the shares because of this type of crap.
    John- Is this true for after hours too? I called scottrade on Friday 'cause i hade a buy in for .3615 and 7 min after I had my buy in a trade for 21million went through at .36. They said they couldnt do anything

06-29-2009, 06:27 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    And I have been doing exactly that. As long as you have wi-fi that your iPhone can use for the signal...the sound quality is very good.

But if you rely on the Edge network (I have an original iPhone...no 3G), then you get the sound quality of a box of crap.

Listen to Margaritaville almost every night with my iPhone plugged into the home stereo, speakers outside on the back patio, glass of wine in hand.
    Greg, I should have specified....I actually have an ipod touch (I'm with Verizon), so when I'm streaming Sirius over it, it's from a wireless connection to my home network. I didn't realize their was a problem with streaming on the iphone when not on wifi. I wonder if that is something AT&T plans on addressing?

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583

Mentor
    06-29-2009, 06:58 PM #75
    Routine,just annual report for 401k stock purchase plan.....

Head Honcho
    06-29-2009, 08:13 PM #76
    Why is everyone so anti voting? Typical Americans!

If you havent told us whether or not you have an iPhone... get going http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39015
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-29-2009, 08:21 PM #77
    Since this seems to have become somewhat of a a Vegas blog today, here's my prediction:

Sirius up to.50+ by weeks end and at .75 by the end of July, then back down to the .50's after 2Q data, no matter what the outcome. Back up and finally over $1.00 by September and north of $ 2.00 by January as the end of the recession is officially announced. Within 5 years, Sirius will be trading at $40.00+ as the debt slate has long been wiped clean and Sirius shows actual substantial profits increasing every quarter.
    Mel Karmazin will retire smelling like a king and all will hail him as a god because all of us, that have held long like fools, will have been tremendously rewarded and can barely recall that sinking feeling. Mel will publish his memoirs that will rank somewhere on the NYT best seller list. And later, as he lay on his death bed at his Palm Springs retreat, he will obsess on his experience ruminating on the single thought of "I think we paid Howard Stern way too much". But none of us will care because we will be filthy rich and forget who he even was... Then another bubble will burst and all will implode beginning the cycle of doom once again.

This is my pipe dream and in no way reflects reality in any respect.

Addict
    06-29-2009, 08:27 PM #78
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    What it did is tell everyone no matter what your age, is if you frick around like this guy did and get cought then plan on spending the rest of your life in jail. That they are not going to get just a slap on their rist and will be able to get out and still be able to enjoy their lives with money hidden away.

By the way, I'll bet lloyd Handwerker thinks he should have been set free because it was not his fault it was everyone elses fault that invested with him, or he had a bad childhood.
    Wrong once again Putz. I am a huge fan of Elie Wiesel and his foundation lostall its money. Madoff got everything that he deserved.
    i doubt this case indicates anything about a new approach to corporate white
    collar crime. This was a very juicy case that was easy for the media and people to wrap their minds around. Most cases arent quite as exciting.
    How many indictments of the people that brought the world financial system
    to its knees ? Any indictments or sentencing at AIG yet?

06-29-2009, 10:55 PM #79
    ITS ALIVE!!! The marketing department DOES EXIST! I just snapped these pics 20 min ago. They are one block north of sunset and vine in hollywood, ca. If your not familiar with the area the hollywood sign is about 1 mile behind this billboard.

06-29-2009, 11:26 PM #80
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    ITS ALIVE!!! The marketing department DOES EXIST! I just snapped these pics 20 min ago. They are one block north of sunset and vine in hollywood, ca. If your not familiar with the area the hollywood sign is about 1 mile behind this billboard.

How exciting! Thank you for taking the pictures, they're great.

Julie

Page 8 of 10 ... 678910