Page 34 of 35 ... 2432333435
    Guru
    06-27-2009, 01:37 PM #331

Addict
    06-27-2009, 02:36 PM #332
    Hey Bill,
    Did you see that your EGT fell 5 cents down to .13 yesterday?
    Any idea what caused it?
    Perhaps you'll be able to get in for your old target of .12 soon...

Guru
    06-27-2009, 02:42 PM #333
    Hey Shots, I don't have EGT. I haven't been watching it lately. I guess I have to quit screwing around and put some more money in my account. How is your weekend going? If you want a chart for CDIV posted just let me know.

It is a mighty fine day here today. Clear skies and 80. Probably afternoon thunderstorms to cool it off.

MGLG is looking good. I am looking at some other oil companies and have been comparing. A lot of them are in the .38 .50 range that are doing basically the same thing. I am doing more looking though before I make any kind of statement on that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Did Bass contact you?
    Last edited by billhart22; 06-27-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Guru
    06-27-2009, 02:47 PM #334

Egt

I don't have any idea what caused it. I will take a look. Thanks!

Addict
    06-27-2009, 03:08 PM #335
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Shots, I don't have EGT. I haven't been watching it lately. I guess I have to quit screwing around and put some more money in my account. How is your weekend going? If you want a chart for CDIV posted just let me know.

It is a mighty fine day here today. Clear skies and 80. Probably afternoon thunderstorms to cool it off.

MGLG is looking good. I am looking at some other oil companies and have been comparing. A lot of them are in the .38 .50 range that are doing basically the same thing. I am doing more looking though before I make any kind of statement on that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Did Bass contact you?
    My mistake Bill. I thought I had read in the past that you wanted to enter EGT at .12.

Guru
    06-27-2009, 03:11 PM #336
    No mistake on your part. I did want to get it at .12 I just had a mind lapse here. I had forgotten about it. Good memory!

Addict
    06-27-2009, 03:16 PM #337

Cool Learning Experience for Everyone...

A company I have been watching for months has just given a much expected PR.

GNTA is going to do a reverse split 50-for-1. It will be effective as of market open - July 1st.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...53&newsLang=en

As an investor, I have personally never followed a stock that has R/S before and therefore would not know how to predict anything that is going to happen with this stock.
    I understand that share price generally falls after a company does a R/S.
    But when can we expect it to go back up?? OR Is this pretty much the end for GNTA??
    I dont have the answers to these questions. I dont even have all the questions I should be asking.

But!
    If there are other investors/traders on this forum who feel the way I do, perhaps we could all begin watching GNTA together and use it as a learning experience.
    Heck, we might even find a good entry point on GNTA and make a little money in the process...

So, does anyone else think this is a good idea?
    Last edited by ShotsII; 06-27-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Mentor
    06-27-2009, 07:24 PM #338

Back online

Weird, My friend that suggested SIRI to me (the only stock he trades) brought up GNTA to me to look at just the other day, and we were thinking of buying a little bit of it... more of a gamble, so we're talking very little money.

Anyway - usually a reverse split for a company trading higher - something listed but dropped below the $5 or $1 range isn't a good thing, as it's a sign of that the company was in trouble, and just is trying to stay on the exchange, etc. So funds would still keep away from them, as there could be some underlying trouble still. Very few of those turn around from what I understand. PCLN is an exception.

For something that's been a penny stock for quite some time may (and I mean *may* as in I'm just speculating here) that they may have something in the pipeline, and just want to get it in to a range where retail or others would actually take a look at it. We'll have to research that one.

The cable guy came up, so I'm back online finally! woo hoo!

No more public library drivebys, etc.

Regarding SIRI - I think some larger investors (like funds) got together to drop their funds after the iPhone app release. That's it. I don't think there was anything real fishy going on.

Also, you have to think there are tons of older investors who had $$$ in their eyes, and despite the company not making a penny quarter after quarter, they kept the money in from the $9 days, averaged down and are getting out at certain points - (they wouldn't have caused the big eod drop this time, but it will happen) - so you have to expect big sell offs on spikes at older support levels. Those you have to watch really closely.

The close ended up as a retest of the descending triangle, and AH is back up. I figure most stops were below 0.34 and 0.30.

If we close below 0.30, then its scary. But Looking at AH volume, so far, it looks like there are buyers, and it can't just be retail.

I think we get web hosting with the cable co, so maybe I can post some charts at some point.

I liked MGLG's close after hitting 0.11 again, so I got in EOD, and I'm liking BLCE's action too.

Well, I'm gonna surf the net here for a while.

Stay out of trouble.

Guru
    06-27-2009, 07:33 PM #339

Hey Dave and others

I found the perfect application for handling charts to post on websites. It doesn't have FTP, but you can copy the chart, crop it and save it. Then FTP it before posting here. It is FREE and really nice. It is called Paint.NET Check it out...it makes life a breeze!

Dave, I will be back..I have comments on your MGLG, BCLE. I have to leave for a little bit.

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 06-27-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Mentor
    06-27-2009, 07:45 PM #340
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I found the perfect application for handling charts to post on websites. It doesn't have FTP, but you can copy the chart, crop it and save it. Then FTP it before posting here. It is FREE and really nice. It is called Paint.NET Check it out...it makes life a breeze!

Dave, I will be back..I have comments on your MGLG, BCLE. I have to leave for a little bit.

Bill
    Cool, I'll check it out. Bummer, since I wasn't online regularly, I didn't realize my stockcharts.com sub ran out - they are usually kind of slow, I just resuscribed, and hope it kicks in by mon morn.