Page 5 of 7 ... 34567
    Enthusiast
    07-09-2009, 05:01 PM #41
    Siriusowner, thanks. to answer your #3, no, I wouldn't... now. But I did (when the fundamentals were worse). In fact I've bought all the way down from the low 3's down when it was .06 and all the way back up to here. I'll continue to accumulate here. Having it in the .30s doesn't bother me. It seems to be a fair price.... A GREAT price if we are getting in early on something good. My .70 dca doesn't seem too bad right now, and currently getting lower every month.

I asked the first question and follow on question to get some discussion going towards ultimately why, not now, but maybe after a couple good quarters (counting this one, that on the surface will probably not be good at all but will hopefully point to a good Q3).... why wouldn't it be a good idea to RS?

I know the psychological argument and so what? If a retail investor doesn't want to own 10 shares of a 20.00 stock as opposed to 200 shares of a 1.00 stock, then sell them and move on. Someone else who understands there is no difference will buy the stock. I mean, dang... I bought some shares of Google when it was 520, and sold at 630. It's just a number. I've just got to think having some more "stable" investors can only be a good thing at some point.

I know about the "The shorts will come in and bash it down" argument. Will they? Can they? I mean given a couple good quarters with decent prospects going forward. Could they drive it down? How much? 50%, 60%? OK, fine. How many 50% swings have we seen the past few months? If that happened, I'd load up more. Imagine if the price just dropped to .20c now for no reason. Damn, I'd be all over it. Eventually, the "manipulation" would end.

I now there is different scenarios that mean good things to different people. It's like if you are a trader in this stock... The second you hit that sell button, you are wishing for the stock to drop and the second you buy you obviously want it up. I'm long term and want some stability and given some decent guidance going forward, I would be for a RS fully understanding that it might mean short term pain... of course this is at least a year away

bass, just read your post. Don't be mad, but tell me why my points are not valid (given a couple good quarters and good guidance moving forward). I haven't read BM's post. In fact I won't go over there to read anymore. Plenty of smart folks here.

there.. that's my .394 cents.

Mentor
    07-09-2009, 05:02 PM #42

you guys gotta see this lenny dykstra interview

Mentor
    07-09-2009, 05:10 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Im excited when I talk about this stuff, but the true effects I also realize wont be seen till Q3. So far away...
    I think we will probably have to wait 'til Q4 . . . the sat launch will be a big capex in Q3 . . until then we are just spinning our you-know-whats . . just means more time to accumulate and a little more patience

Mentor
    07-09-2009, 05:42 PM #44
    here's the whole 18 min interview . .

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1176740145&play=1

Mentor
    07-09-2009, 05:42 PM #45
    otone, i dont get mad, this forum is open to ANY opinion.and we can disagree. i get mad at characters like BM because he has his own agenda. he makes trades then posts his opinion to many people who follow his every word. today for example, he said sometime in the afternoon that he sold a postion first thing in the morning. didnt disclose it for hours, but in the meantime hes destroying the stock, saying in fact in may go into the .20's, i mean WTF???? why proclaim yourself the hero for sirius stock owners when you make moves like that?

anyways as far as a R/S is concerned , for every 1 company that had a successful R/S , how about i show you 500 companies that ended in horror. do you like those odds?

SL62 has a great reply, do it in strength...otone, we are just getting back on our feet, it is not the right time to take that gamble. that particular play is UNPROFITABLE. it has been proven thousands of times over.

oh yeah, and he goes on to use a FOOL ARTICLE as a backup to his theory that R/S would be good for stock holders. if your gonna slam the fool and saying how worthless their journalism is, how in the world would you reference them to back up an opinion?
    Last edited by bassmaster; 07-09-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Mentor
    07-09-2009, 06:10 PM #46
    otone. in this stock i am long term. i am not daytrading it. and if you or anyone else is doing it , fine and gl. but most common people who daytrade dont fully understand that stocks go up and down. regardless of how great a company is doing , the stock price will fluctuate. it doesnt necessarily mean MSM's are bashing or pumping it. or MM's are scalping retailers. or GS is using their trade software to control the price or shorters tanking the stock. it could be any of those or none or it could just be healthy buying and selling.. but it seems like everyday theres a new excuse why a particular trade didnt work out.

ive come to realize through other peoples experiences that daytrading SIRI is a losing play for most people. the competition is way too tough to beat. in poker and im sure you heard this saying , if you dont see who the fish is on the table, then it must be you. now if your successful at it , i guess keep going. but from what i read on most sites regarding SIRI , i havent seen to many winners.

07-09-2009, 06:31 PM #47
    the battle has begun. sxm app #11 pan #12. who will be victorious by morning. what bad press will result. the ride continues.

Enthusiast
    07-09-2009, 07:08 PM #48
    bass, if you read my post again, you will see that you and I are in the same boat regarding our investment strategy with SIRI. I'm also advocating a reverse split into strength... but before we "have" to do it. I see positives. But maybe I'm wrong and don't mind reading why.

One other psychological positive. What sounds better? We made .01c per share profit or .20c per share profit? (of course that works the same way for loss too)

07-09-2009, 07:46 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    otone. in this stock i am long term. i am not daytrading it. and if you or anyone else is doing it , fine and gl. but most common people who daytrade dont fully understand that stocks go up and down. regardless of how great a company is doing , the stock price will fluctuate. it doesnt necessarily mean MSM's are bashing or pumping it. or MM's are scalping retailers. or GS is using their trade software to control the price or shorters tanking the stock. it could be any of those or none or it could just be healthy buying and selling.. but it seems like everyday theres a new excuse why a particular trade didnt work out.

ive come to realize through other peoples experiences that daytrading SIRI is a losing play for most people. the competition is way too tough to beat. in poker and im sure you heard this saying , if you dont see who the fish is on the table, then it must be you. now if your successful at it , i guess keep going. but from what i read on most sites regarding SIRI , i havent seen to many winners.
    I agree completely. Like I expressed earlier in the day, thinking you can predict the future of Sirius' sp through charts and analysis is a proven losing proposition. Certainly there have been the obvious factors, but during these "blackout" periods where there is mostly just speculation, it can not be denied that day trading is mostly a game of chance.

07-09-2009, 08:08 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    bass, if you read my post again, you will see that you and I are in the same boat regarding our investment strategy with SIRI. I'm also advocating a reverse split into strength... but before we "have" to do it. I see positives. But maybe I'm wrong and don't mind reading why.

One other psychological positive. What sounds better? We made .01c per share profit or .20c per share profit? (of course that works the same way for loss too)
    IMO, the psychological fallout from a RS far outweigh the illusion of a stock being suddenly worth more than it is. Understand that there is a much greater profit to be shorted from 15.00 than there is from .40. Until Sirius has an undeniable and proven positive outlook verified by hard facts, there is nothing that will ease the erratic behavior of the SP. It will continue to be the toy of the MM's and institutions and whatever else that has been in control. A reverse split before absolute stability would undeniably be absolute suicide as I can immagine numerous sareholders would abandon their beloved Sirius in droves.

Page 5 of 7 ... 34567