Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    07-28-2010, 09:00 AM #1

2nd Depression was Averted Due to Bailouts:Study

Well what do all those who opposed the bailouts say about this?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38443309

Guru
    07-31-2010, 09:08 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Well what do all those who opposed the bailouts say about this?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38443309
    Wow - They sure did give a lot of praise for TARP which was a Bush program. I'm surprised you posted the article. In fact, if I read it correctly, they said TARP had more impact than ARRA (the sign making program).

Legend
    08-01-2010, 12:57 AM #3
    WOW. I always love when you simpligy the facts S&L.
    So were you for TARP? You know that big govt bailout?
    I supported it.
    How many Democrats supported it and voted for it? Did Obama?
    How many Republicans?

"in a new paper, the econmists argue that without the wall street bailout, the bank stress tests, the emergency lending and asset purchases by the federal reserve, and the Obama administrations fiscal stimulus program, the nations
    gross domestic product would be about 6.5% lower this year.

I assume you oppose all those measures because they were govt programs.
    LMFAO.

" in additon there would be about 8.5 million fewer jobs, on top of the more than 8 million already lost, and the economy would be experiencing deflation, instead of low inflation."

WOW!
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-01-2010 at 01:01 AM.

Guru
    08-01-2010, 10:40 AM #4
    WOW. I always love when you simpligy the facts S&L.
    So were you for TARP? You know that big govt bailout?
    I supported it.
    How many Democrats supported it and voted for it? Did Obama?
    How many Republicans?

"in a new paper, the econmists argue that without the wall street bailout, the bank stress tests, the emergency lending and asset purchases by the federal reserve, and the Obama administrations fiscal stimulus program, the nations
    gross domestic product would be about 6.5% lower this year.

I assume you oppose all those measures because they were govt programs.
    LMFAO.

" in additon there would be about 8.5 million fewer jobs, on top of the more than 8 million already lost, and the economy would be experiencing deflation, instead of low inflation."

WOW!
    LMFAO - no, I didn't like TARP, but when YOU persistantly bash Bush and ask what he did................................ I'm simply citing this for you.

Legend
    08-02-2010, 12:40 AM #5
    Paulson convinced Bush he had no choice but to do Tarp or otherwise face the
    collapse of the entire financial system.
    But you admit more Democrats voted for Tarp than Republicans and that it helped to right the economy? If we had followed your's and mcCain's ideas we would probably be at least 20% unemployment.

I mean you did read the quote above about what saved our economy from total collapse right?

Guru
    08-03-2010, 10:16 AM #6
    Paulson convinced Bush he had no choice but to do Tarp or otherwise face the
    collapse of the entire financial system.
    But you admit more Democrats voted for Tarp than Republicans and that it helped to right the economy? If we had followed your's and mcCain's ideas we would probably be at least 20% unemployment.

I mean you did read the quote above about what saved our economy from total collapse right?
    Me and McCain? Listen, when it's late at night, go to bed. It will keep you from silliness.

Yes, I recall that many republicans were against TARP, and as I have said, I was too (in fact, I e-mailed John Bohner sp? thanking him for his position). Principally, it pissed me off. But after learning about what happened, Wall Street is only half the problem. The other half is government. I posted a WSJ article hints at this. Take a look.

Legend
    08-04-2010, 12:58 PM #7
    You and McCain opposed TARP i believe. Would have been a BIG mistake not to do it no matter how distasteful it was to me.

You are putting me to sleep with your mantra and talking points about GOVT.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-04-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Guru
    08-05-2010, 07:55 AM #8
    You and McCain opposed TARP i believe. Would have been a BIG mistake not to do it no matter how distasteful it was to me.

You are putting me to sleep with your mantra and talking points about GOVT.
    Sorry you don't like to hear the truth. You are too wrapped up in partisanship.

Legend
    08-06-2010, 12:50 PM #9
    So you and McCain didnt oppose the TARP which almost anyone except partisans acknowledge helped stave off a major Depression?

I think you sir are the one detached from the truth. Cant even understand how Bush got us into this huge mess. Thats just a fact.

Guru
    08-06-2010, 09:18 PM #10
    So you and McCain didnt oppose the TARP which almost anyone except partisans acknowledge helped stave off a major Depression?

I think you sir are the one detached from the truth. Cant even understand how Bush got us into this huge mess. Thats just a fact.
    So in summary, this recession has been caused by:

My position = federal government incentived banks to make house ownership a reality for everyone, subsequently promoting risky loans that banks alone on their own accord would never have made.

Your position = Bush's failed policies.

I think my position is fairly comprehensive and fairly well documented. Would you explain the failed policies that lead to housing bubble bursting and causing this great recession? That is, other than Bush being a republican.

Try not to avoid or deflect. You can do it Lloyd.
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 08-06-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12