Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    07-24-2010, 04:09 PM #1

Obama the bipartisan

Not.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-...00987.html?x=0

Oh, but Obama is right, so he can be partisan. What an ass. The more exposure I get to him, the worse my disdain grows (and America's too).

Legend
    07-26-2010, 11:21 AM #2
    The left of the political spectrum is constantly harping at Obama saying he is compromising WAY TOO MUCH. It seems to me he is on comfortable middle ground. I would call it center left. He is doing what he ran on. The fact that only 1 or 2 Republicans will vote with him on any single issue tells me that they have a political strategy that they are sticking to on most major issues.

Guru
    08-03-2010, 08:18 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    The left of the political spectrum is constantly harping at Obama saying he is compromising WAY TOO MUCH. It seems to me he is on comfortable middle ground. I would call it center left. He is doing what he ran on. The fact that only 1 or 2 Republicans will vote with him on any single issue tells me that they have a political strategy that they are sticking to on most major issues.
    Partisanship is partisanship reguardless of party. The bottom line is that the democrats you so dearly support are just a sceavy as the republicans you denounce.

Legend
    08-04-2010, 01:01 PM #4
    The difference is Democrats are addressing issues that have been neglected for many years. Republicans only want to vote no on anything and everything Democrats propose no matter what, and want to go back to Bush policies which got us in this mess

Guru
    08-05-2010, 08:23 AM #5
    The difference is Democrats are addressing issues that have been neglected for many years. Republicans only want to vote no on anything and everything Democrats propose no matter what, and want to go back to Bush policies which got us in this mess
    Bush policies got us into this mess? Jeeze, you've been reduced to stealing Obama talking points lol. You are hopeless and will ignore the obvious forever. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made it very easy for banks to make loans- it is their charter. Go ahead, blame the banks, but answer this, who enabled who?

Legend
    08-05-2010, 12:13 PM #6

Angry

So this recession didnt happen on Bush's Watch? Talk about revisionist history.
    I give up.

Speaking of giving up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_671519.html

Guru
    08-05-2010, 02:49 PM #7
    So this recession didnt happen on Bush's Watch? Talk about revisionist history.
    I give up.

Speaking of giving up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_671519.html
    Bush's watch is one thing, but the cause of the recession is another. I absolutely loathe Obama's "failed policies of the past". Those were his policies; he was a senator, right. He deflects on the real issues and simply goes to Bush. It's not really doing anything for the spirit of partisanship, ,and as the WSJ article points out, he doesn't seem to be winning anyone over with the tactic.

Guru
    08-05-2010, 02:52 PM #8
    And I noticed you didn't answer the question; who enabled the banks to make risky bets?? I'll answer it for you. The federal government. The beloved federal government and the social utopians in office. Tha's who is responsible.

Guru
    08-05-2010, 02:57 PM #9
    Here - something to consider.

http://www.idealtaxes.com/post3138.shtml

Legend
    08-05-2010, 10:23 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    And I noticed you didn't answer the question; who enabled the banks to make risky bets?? I'll answer it for you. The federal government. The beloved federal government and the social utopians in office. Tha's who is responsible.
    The Bush administration opposed the regulation that were just passed in the financial reform bill.

Page 1 of 2 12