Page 11 of 12 ... 9101112
    Mentor
    06-30-2009, 07:51 PM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    thanks, i was hoping we would get to be one of the featured apps, everytime i opened it it was a bit hard to find the sirius app, hence the reason its so critical to stay in the top apps, more visibility (ala charles who is correct there)

on the iphone app store. it has been on the featured apps top all day.. and the music category symbol is the SIRIUSXM logo....photo.jpg

Mentor
    06-30-2009, 07:54 PM #102
    heres the music category screen shot from the iphone app storephoto.jpg
    Last edited by bassmaster; 06-30-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: just click on the picture and it will expand

Head Honcho
    06-30-2009, 07:58 PM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Nice, saves you from wearing out your mouse. Cool.
    It doesn't auto refresh either. It simply does not have a refresh. You would have to revisit after an update.

Not sure what you are insinuating. Care to elaborate? I don't sit and watch the app page, I check back once or twice per week. Are you insinuating that its position which directly relates to the total number of downloads is not important to an investor? As a longtime shareholder, I find it quite important.

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    thanks, i was hoping we would get to be one of the featured apps, everytime i opened it it was a bit hard to find the sirius app, hence the reason its so critical to stay in the top apps, more visibility (ala charles who is correct there)
    I dont think that is a featured app. I am pretty sure that is a paid for advertisement, it sure looks like an advertisement and it is not labeled as a "featured app." Everything on that page is labeled except for what looks like to be ads.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    06-30-2009, 08:06 PM #104
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I dont think that is a featured app. I am pretty sure that is a paid for advertisement, it sure looks like an advertisement and it is not labeled as a "featured app." Everything on that page is labeled except for what looks like to be ads.
    i wont disagree with you because i dont know that for a fact. but it is at the very top and you can click on it to download. it is on the "new" page. if i click on whats hot, there are different apps in the same locations.

if you look at the categories section. i noticed all the apps with the logos on their particualr categoires are number 1. so maybe you have to earn to have that priviledge.

the featured apps page does appear to be an ad tho..but you can click on it to download the app.

Head Honcho
    06-30-2009, 08:16 PM #105
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    i wont disagree with you because i dont know that for a fact. but it is at the very top and you can click on it to download. it is on the "new" page. if i click on whats hot, there are different apps in the same locations.
    I don't know for sure either but some of the apps shown in those spots seem totally random. Apple also makes a point to label every other section on the page. I spent about 2 minutes looking for a way to advertise on itunes but, I dont see any obvious way to. Maybe it is just Apple cherry picking apps to promote?

Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    if you look at the categories section. i noticed all the apps with the logos on their particualr categoires are number 1. so maybe you have to earn to have that priviledge.
    Yes, the top app gets the icon for that section.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    06-30-2009, 08:25 PM #106
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I don't know for sure either but some of the apps shown in those spots seem totally random. Apple also makes a point to label every other section on the page. I spent about 2 minutes looking for a way to advertise on itunes but, I dont see any obvious way to. Maybe it is just Apple cherry picking apps to promote?
    i dont believe its random because it has been there all day.
    apple may be cherry picking apps , but i guess we'll have to wait until Q2 financials are released to see if there is an increase in advertising expenses LMAO

Mentor
    06-30-2009, 08:41 PM #107
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    All I am saying is when Tyler, Homer, and somer others were talking about this a few years ago. The only thing Tyler could tell me was at least it will seperate the cost if they start to launch one now so they wont have a huge one at the end of 2014. This was one of the reasons I said to homer SIRI was in a better position then XMSR. That while XMSR has to launch these new ones (because of tech problems) at a huge cost to them, SIRI does not need to.
    John i think you have that reversed,thought Homer said the other day that Sirius had to launch this one to replace a faltered one,and it was XM that better Sats and their next 2 were spares,hence the option to delay or cancel rthem..is that not so?

Enthusiast
    06-30-2009, 10:03 PM #108
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Keep hitting refresh, and let us know when its #7.
    Where are pandora , slacker, i heart radio at?

Guru
    06-30-2009, 10:03 PM #109

Mentor
    06-30-2009, 10:15 PM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    Hey Tripp,no it's good news but not the news i wanted,they just paud off the whole credit facilities debt from Liberty deal and extended it out to 2013 with new bond of 530 mil...leaves only 168 mil to pay or refi other XM debt..

Page 11 of 12 ... 9101112