Page 19 of 20 ... 917181920
    Legend
    04-26-2010, 01:58 AM #181
    Forecasters Upbeat About U.S. Economy

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36773352

Lets go America and SXM!

Legend
    04-26-2010, 02:13 AM #182
    News Corporation Aims to Go Carbon Neutral While Fox News Promotes Climate Change as a Hoax.

Rupert Murdoch quote "Climate change poses clear, catastrophic threats,"
    "We may not agree on the extent, but we certainly cant afford the risk
    of inaction".
    Formerly skeptical about global warming, Murdoch was reportedly converted by a presentation from Al Gore.
    Murdoch's logic was that higher energy costs are inevitable, given coming carbon regulations and dwindling supplies of conventional fuels such as oil.
    So why not get ahead of the game.

More quotes by Rubert Murdoch. "Whatever (going carbon neutral) costs will be minimal compared to our overall revenues," "AND WE WILL GET THAT BACK MANY TIMES OVER."

Murdoch's son James who is expected to inherit his business empire is green-leaning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_549676.html

Legend
    04-26-2010, 02:21 AM #183
    Regulation Wont Kill the Golden Egg says Mark Mobius, Executive Chariman of Templeton Asset Management.

He recommended that a small tax be imposed on derivatives.

"In the case of financial derivatives, i think there should be a small tax-- a small fee put on financial derivatives, maybe 10 basis points."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36773566

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    04-26-2010, 09:13 AM #184
    I woke up around 3 o'clock this morning and realized that I had been dreaming about a forum where people actually talked about Sirius XM stock. In the dream I was in a place called King Of All Trades or something like that. It was a wonderful dream about a wonderful company that I own a whole lot of stock in.

Then, when my day started, I logged onto Sirius Buzz, my favorite site about my favorite stock, and went into the Sirius XM Stock Talk forum. Only to find that I had been redirected to the Politics thread. What a nightmare!

I'm guessing that anyone seeking information on investing in SIRI stock ought to look for another website. Because this one has completely degenerated to a new low that doesn't even involve our investments in Sirius XM

Legend
    04-26-2010, 09:29 AM #185
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I woke up around 3 o'clock this morning and realized that I had been dreaming about a forum where people actually talked about Sirius XM stock. In the dream I was in a place called King Of All Trades or something like that. It was a wonderful dream about a wonderful company that I own a whole lot of stock in.

Then, when my day started, I logged onto Sirius Buzz, my favorite site about my favorite stock, and went into the Sirius XM Stock Talk forum. Only to find that I had been redirected to the Politics thread. What a nightmare!

I'm guessing that anyone seeking information on investing in SIRI stock ought to look for another website. Because this one has completely degenerated to a new low that doesn't even involve our investments in Sirius XM

i have asked John before to move all this over to the Political section. So far he refuses to engage over there (saying he has won all arguments and doesnt need to post there) Ironically he somehow feels that he has not won those same exact arguments that he is now posting about over here in the stock thread. LMFAO. I apologize to all and make a committment to stop posting anything other than stock related info here. It would be nice if he will make a similar committment.

P.S. i welcome siriusly long and just sirius to do the same and engage (or not) in the political thread as opposed to this one.

Last edited by Havakasha; 04-26-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Mentor
    04-26-2010, 09:52 AM #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    i have asked John before to move all this over to the Political section. So far he refuses to engage over there (saying he has won all arguments and doesnt need to post there) Ironically he somehow feels that he has not won those same exact arguments that he is now posting about over here in the stock thread. LMFAO. I apologize to all and make a committment to stop posting anything other than stock related info here. It would be nice if he will make a similar committment.

P.S. i welcome siriusly long and just sirius to do the same and engage (or not) in the political thread as opposed to this one.

Thanks Lloyd!

We have some big weeks ahead of us as we await the quarterly report. The new sub numbers appear to be very positive. I think there is a LOT of money to be made during this period.
    I think we will have some swings of 10 cents a week, which makes for excellent opportunities to make some coin.
    I have been in this for over 4 years. I started buying when SIRI was over 4 bucks a share. I've managed to average down to under 85 cents a share in my holding long position. And I've made over 20K just swing trading in and out over the last 3 months. It's tough, very tough, to find stocks that you can do this with.
    Sirius Buzz has been an excellent source of investing information exchange for me.
    We all know that I love political discussions. But, this forum isn't for that.
    Now, let's make some money!
    Chuck

Legend
    04-26-2010, 09:56 AM #187
    Thanks Lloyd!

We have some big weeks ahead of us as we await the quarterly report. The new sub numbers appear to be very positive. I think there is a LOT of money to be made during this period.
    I think we will have some swings of 10 cents a week, which makes for excellent opportunities to make some coin.
    I have been in this for over 4 years. I started buying when SIRI was over 4 bucks a share. I've managed to average down to under 85 cents a share in my holding long position. And I've made over 20K just swing trading in and out over the last 3 months. It's tough, very tough, to find stocks that you can do this with.
    Sirius Buzz has been an excellent source of investing information exchange for me.
    We all know that I love political discussions. But, this forum isn't for that.
    Now, let's make some money!
    Chuck
    No problem Candleman.
    Go SXM and the U.S. economy!

Guru
    04-26-2010, 09:59 AM #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    A decade with no income gains.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...o-income-gain/

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2009/0...de-of-descent/

"The 2001-2009 Presidency of George W. Bush ends in less that a week, so its appropriate to evaluate the Bush years and his economic legacy. As the Clinton administration ended , the
    United States entered the new century and decade with the strongest, most-resilient, most-adaptable, and technologically advanced economy on the face of the earth, according to an
    analysis by the US Central Intelligence Agency."

THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION BEGAN IN 2001 WITH THE PASSAGE OF A $1.35 TRILION TAX CUT--
    A CUT MANY ECONOMISTS AND ANALYSTS FELT WAS NOT NECESSAY, GIVEN THAT THE U.S. ECONOMY WAS ALREADY RECOVERING FROM THE MINI 2001 RECESSION" "The biggest problem with the tax cut was that it was tilted too much toward the rich and upper-income citizens-- Bush's political base--and it almost quaranteed that , over time broad-based demand would remain soft, and probably fall in a few years."

"And the stock market? Even after discounting for the overvalued stock market at the end of the Clinton administration in January 2001, THE STOCK MARKET HAS STIL DECLINED, IN REAL TERMS,
    AS PRESIDENT BUSH LEAVES OFFICE IN JANUARY 2009. THAT'S 8 YEARS, NO GAIN IN THE DOW. FURTHER, THE DOW IS CURRENTLY (JAN 2009) TRADING AROUND 8,000 AND MANY ECONOMISTS SAY THE US WILL BE LUCK IF IT ENDS 2009 AT THAT LEVEL."

"There were some economic successes during the "Bush 43" era; trade ties were expanded, exports rost , and inflation remained low/moderate through his 8 years. And as noted, one segment of society (upper-income citizens) saw an increase in wealth." "But those few positives in no way blot-out the Bush Administrations MANY FAilURES: SCANT JOB CREATION, UNEMPLOYMENT HIGH AND RISING, DECLING REAL MEDIAN INCOMES, RECORD BUDGET DEFICITS, RECORD HOME FORECLOSURES, A LARGE TRADE DEFICIT, NO ENERGY POLICY, NO HEALTH CARE POLICY, AND INCREASING POVERTY RATES, AMONG OTHER PROBLEMS."

"BUT ON ECONOMIC POLICY, PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH HAS PERFORMED ABYSMALLY, AND HE WILL MOST LIKELY RANK AS THE UNITED STATES' WORST PRESIDENT ON ECONOMIC POLICY SINCE PRESIDENT HERBERT HOOVER"

Haa yes from the New York Times, Is it any wonder how they forget to mention the average monthly unemployment rate under Bush for his full 2 terms was 5.3 percent. I see they say it was a mini recession however they seem to forget the tech bubble that burst in Feb of 2000 sending the NASDAQ from almost 5,000 to just over 1,000, Ho yes the tech bubble bursting was not the only factor that took out almost EIGHTY PERCENT of the NASDAQ, yes 911 had its hand in that (also somehow forgotten by the New York Times). There by wiping out any of the Clinton buget surplus PROJECTIONS (yes lets also remember that those surpluses they always like to talk about were then PROJECTIONS not actual surpluses.). They were dependant on the markets staying as high as they were and not having terrorist flying planes into the WTC wiping out another 1.5 TRILLION (yes thats Trillion with a "T" then again with age of Obama in office people have gotten to know well the word TRILLION) in our economy. I see they mention that the Bush tax cut bill cost 1.35 Trillion yet they forget to say that cost was over the total 10 years of the plan or even mention the extra huge amounts revenue it generated to the government over that time period which means the bill basically paid for it self.

Just to show how bias the New York Times is they skipped right over Carter and went to Hoover.

Did Bush ever have unemployment at 9%, NO, but Carter was at that point for most of his presidency.

Did Bush ever have inflation in the double digits, NO, but Carter was at 11% when he finally left office.

Did Bush ever have interest rates nearing the twenties, NO, but Carter did, try buying anything on credit (including a house) and paying 17 or 18% for it.

Hummm, enter Obama and take a good look at history and what that will lead us to, I told people he was another Carter and just look at the simularities.

P.S. As a side note 97% of the money lent out under TARP under Bush has been paid back with interest making any money Bush lent out, a profit for the government. Hummm Obama where is the money lent to the car companies. yes they paid us some back (from a escrow account FROM THE TARP MONEY) but where is the other 45 billion they still owe us, THAT YOU LENT THEM

Guru
    04-26-2010, 10:13 AM #189

I will tell you what if Havasucker can stop putting his polotics in the stock forum then so will I. I after all am just responding to his misinformation and halftruths. I do not respond to his crap in the political thread because I left there showing him to be the twit he is and after seeing the polls, I know my side has won the debate. I only felt the need to do it here because he brought it here he took a small comment and then turned that into his opening to turn this thread into his new political thread he knows noone gos there anymore so he needed to bring it here.

Mentor
    04-26-2010, 10:17 AM #190
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I will tell you what if Havasucker can stop putting his polotics in the stock forum then so will I. I after all am just responding to his misinformation and halftruths. I do not respond to his crap in the political thread because I left there showing him to be the twit he is and after seeing the polls, I know my side has won the debate. I only felt the need to do it here because he brought it here he took a small comment and then turned that into his opening to turn this thread into his new political thread he knows noone gos there anymore so he needed to bring it here.
    Thank you John! I'm willing to bet that there are a few other folks here that appreciate it too.
    I always love reading your take on the stock and what we should look forward to in the future.

Chuck