Page 11 of 17 ... 910111213 ...
    Mentor
    06-02-2009, 12:58 PM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Relmor,you don't really think that do you?
    1.Social security as it was created and meant to be,was the greatest gov't plan ever..you know the reason why it is in trouble,they spent all the extra money it took in to pay for WW2,Korean and NAM wars...It was called a TRUST fund for a reason...
    2.Ever heard of Dividends.Why was GM and other car companies paying them when they weren't meeting their obligations of debt?
    Dividends... Thats not dumb, its greedy. Difference.
    Social secruity...
    I will digress on that. I can use other examples if you want.

06-02-2009, 12:58 PM #102
    ty for welcome Trip and johnny

Guru
    06-02-2009, 01:01 PM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    yeah, the Russians...the same folks who brought the world Chernobyl! This has not happened in the US Navy nor in the US.

I'll just say this I have owned EXC for over 20 years and it is one of the biggest owners of nuke plants in the country. Johnny I dont know where you are getting your information but the nuke plants they have have already paid for them selves 10 fold. They want to built 2 more but cant get them through. They would be the first ones in over 30 years and all I will say is after over 40 years there has only been 3 Mile Island. The tech is there to build them safe the ones they have now are over 30 and 40 years old and are safe so say what you will but I think we have come a long way since then and can built a safe reactor. My god man if they could do it in the 70s we can do it today.

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 01:02 PM #104
    Relmor,you don't really think that do you?
    1.Social security as it was created and meant to be,was the greatest gov't plan ever..you know the reason why it is in trouble,they spent all the extra money it took in to pay for WW2,Korean and NAM wars...It was called a TRUST fund for a reason...
    2.Ever heard of Dividends.Why was GM and other car companies paying them when they weren't meeting their obligations of debt?
    Greatest government plan ever? Confiscation by the government to implement("force") social insurance in a free society?
    Ok then!

Addict
    06-02-2009, 01:07 PM #105
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    Lloyd Handwerker:

You say to me: "or you are doing some serious projecting (a psychological term. look it up) and your the seriously
    angry one. I thought we have been engaging in a reasonably combative argument."

I want to thank you for providing a prime example, in your own words, of exactly what I was talking about.

Enough said. Your response speaks for itself.
    Relax steve. I am sorry you are taking this all so personally and seriously.

My original post was an attempt at humor. Sorry if you didnt appreciate it.
    Enjoy your time here. I will try not to bother you too much.
    Have a nice day.

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 01:08 PM #106
    Does anyone think that the car data today will do much if anything to change perception on our SIRI stock today?

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 01:09 PM #107
    Agree with your point about the way it use to be,but the intraday thread was created for Day traders and swing traders,we don't cater to that faction here anymore,we are all mostly long investors here,we just kept the daily thread out of ruotine i guess,we are not control freaks here and you can post anything you want here,we like to talk about things that will affect SXM long term and try to post factual info not heart felt rumors..
    Hi JohnnyIrishXM!

Thanks for your comment. I, too, am a long-term SIRI investor. I was not referring to everyone on this board being a control freak, nor was I actually referring to anyone specific. What I was referring to is the anger which seems to crop up here repeatedly lately on this board. This economy is awful and, as a result, most of us are under great stress. However, I think we should all work together on this board for the common good of all of us. We need to get back to being tolerant of each other and get away from trying to one up each other. That's all I was intending.

06-02-2009, 01:09 PM #108
    [QUOTE=elm2729;34806]Hi everybody I'm new to this board, I have been reading it for about 3 weeks now but this is my first post. I have been following Sirius for quite sometime now. I've bought and sold like most, made some lost some. I still think it is a innovative idea and company. I believe it will be as common as cable or satellite tv and I remember when lots of folks said they would never pay for tv but here we are.

Hi Elm,

Welcome to this great forum!

Julie

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 01:10 PM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I'll just say this I have owned EXC for over 20 years and it is one of the biggest owners of nuke plants in the country. Johnny I dont know where you are getting your information but the nuke plants they have have already paid for them selves 10 fold. They want to built 2 more but cant get them through. They would be the first ones in over 30 years and all I will say is after over 40 years there has only been 3 Mile Island. The tech is there to build them safe the ones they have now are over 30 and 40 years old and are safe so say what you will but I think we have come a long way since then and can built a safe reactor. My god man if they could do it in the 70s we can do it today.
    John,agree wholeheartedly about building them safely,common sense says they can do a much better job today than then.(threw that in for you)
    but i'm talking about the waste they generate and the greatest minds in the world in 50 years still haven't come up with a plan to get rid of it..
    And sure they have been paid for 10 times over,on the backs of
    Electricity consumers at over bloated prices..it is not cheap energy,cleaner than coal or fossil fuel,but in long range much more destructive to the Env.
    There is a reason they put a moritorium on building them,who wants to live around one..

Addict
    06-02-2009, 01:11 PM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    John, until you tell me you have read the NY times business section article on the Finnish new generation nucklear power plant of french origin i will consider you ignorant of all present facts about nuclear power. One would think you would wish to be educated about such stuff. Waiting to see..................

Page 11 of 17 ... 910111213 ...