Page 1 of 77 1231151 ...
    Guru
    08-09-2009, 10:57 PM #1

Market Watch for the week of 8/9/2009

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. It was a huge week and there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Well, we had a huge week last week with over 13,000 views...

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-10-2009 at 01:00 AM.

08-09-2009, 11:17 PM #2
    More CBO data, not sure how the market will digest this.
    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-08-09.html

SGP- this will be a fun one to watch, I have owned this one in the past and it has treated me well financially.
    http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsSt...StoryID=108556

QASP- good luck this week and enjoy the ride people!!!

Oil / gas- http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aSkKmqgQk4Sw

Investors get some insight this week into how consumers are spending from a government report on July retail sales. They'll also find out if consumers helped major retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Macy's Inc. join the stream of companies that reported better-than-expected second-quarter earnings and forecasts.
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090809/D99VGT9G0.html

For months, consumers have pulled back on spending and borrowing. To try to stimulate economic activity, Fed policymakers are all but certain to keep the target range for its bank lending rate between zero and 0.25 percent at the end of their two-day meeting Wednesday.
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090809/D99VGRF80.html

I think that is it for now, global markets look like they are going up.

Good luck out there people, and have a good week!!

I will steal this from Bill LOL!!! (POOF!!!!)

Guru
    08-09-2009, 11:33 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    I will steal this from Bill LOL!!! (POOF!!!!)
    You can use that anytime that you want! Hey Jim, that's a lot of good information!

I am really anxious to watch QASP tomorrow. I posted a butt-load of information on it today. I am hopeful that it will all pan out.

One of these days, I might just get back into a stock over a dollar again, but my mind is locked up with the question..."why?" I am getting to the point where it doesn't make sense anymore. I must have cheap penny stock addiction.

08-09-2009, 11:43 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    You can use that anytime that you want! Hey Jim, that's a lot of good information!

I am really anxious to watch QASP tomorrow. I posted a butt-load of information on it today. I am hopeful that it will all pan out.

One of these days, I might just get back into a stock over a dollar again, but my mind is locked up with the question..."why?" I am getting to the point where it doesn't make sense anymore. I must have cheap penny stock addiction.
    Was it Newman that started the POOf thing, I don't remember?

Another one to watch is FRNTQ, that will be interesting.

I agree "Billy the Butcher" ha ha ha!!!

Pennies are really the bull market right now. I am anxious to see what the BDI does this week too.
    I am probably going to play with stocks under $5 for a while longer myself. Thanks for all the data on QASP, I see nothing wrong with it at this point.

Guru
    08-10-2009, 12:04 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Was it Newman that started the POOf thing, I don't remember?

Another one to watch is FRNTQ, that will be interesting.

I agree "Billy the Butcher" ha ha ha!!!

Pennies are really the bull market right now. I am anxious to see what the BDI does this week too.
    I am probably going to play with stocks under $5 for a while longer myself. Thanks for all the data on QASP, I see nothing wrong with it at this point.
    Yes, it was Newman when we used to call him the Oracle. He did it a little bit fancier though. I don't know how to do all the cool things on each side of poof. You have a memory like an elephant.

"Billy the Butcher".....I like that one..

Have a good night "Jimmy the Tulip"!

Guru
    08-10-2009, 12:54 AM #6
    OK guys, we are off to the races....GLTA! Let's have a winning week, team!
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-10-2009 at 01:02 AM. Reason: My grammar...........it sucks sometimes and bothers me.

08-10-2009, 03:45 AM #7
    Hi All, Im back, had a great fishing trip...will try to post pics after the market tomorrow...I'll be watching the markets via my Iphone....and hope to make a trade or two with $$$$ from last week....will need to catch up on the posts over the weekend....Oh...looks like a made Senior Member...am I part of the Elite club now?

08-10-2009, 08:28 AM #8

Enthusiast
    08-10-2009, 08:36 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Morning Sean. It's number 2 on the spoke. Do you have a position in Qasp? I've got all my cash tied up in the usual suspects: MGLG, BEHL, BCLE, EVFL. Might have to shake a little cash outta one of these and join you guys in the Aerospace industry..lol.

Have a good week!

08-10-2009, 08:41 AM #10
    Hey Sandy,

Nope, i don't have any $ in QASP. all tied up in BCLE/MGLG too.

MY BOSS ISN'T HERE TODAY!! does anyone know any fun internet games (but you have to be able to minimize fast; so a game where you can pause or if u minimize you won't lose etc.)

lol thanks

Page 1 of 77 1231151 ...