Page 15 of 18 ... 51314151617 ...
    Guru
    09-08-2010, 10:35 AM #141
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    We're trading at 1.03 as I write this.

It's getting about time for another profitable flip. I hope some of you took advantage of getting a few thousand shares last week when we were at 96 cents. It's time to flip those as soon as we hit 1.05. Leave your money in the account and rebuy at 96 cents again in a couple of weeks.

Wash, rinse, repeat. There is plenty of money to be made trading SIRI while it's stuck in this range. And in my opinion we'll stay in this trading range for awhile longer.
    At least it's in the August thread................

Legend
    09-08-2010, 10:40 AM #142
    Does August actually come before September? I mean since you're such a man of wisdom this morning i thought i would ask you all kinds of important questions.

Now if i could only remember 1 comes before 2...

Guru
    09-08-2010, 10:41 AM #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Does August actually come before September? Your such a man of wisdom this morning.
    Thank you!

Oh, and that would be "you're" not "your"

Legend
    09-08-2010, 10:45 AM #144
    Your welcome. Please tell me more.

Please avoid all questions on Laffer and supply-side (are you a supporter?) economics, and talk ONLY about Fannie and Freddie.

Legend
    09-08-2010, 10:47 AM #145
    [QUOTE=Havakasha;64605]Hey S&L are your really back on that fannie and freddie kick? i thought you had already understood that as William Poole said, the private market was largely responsible for the mess we are in. I quess you couldnt help going back to your original talking point huh?

Why so quiet on Laffer? Hmmm. Chicken? According to John "this part of Siriuslylongs post exactly spells out the "laffer curve". This thread had a discussion all about Laffer and economics and never about Fannie and Freddie. Thanks for "hijacking the thread" Laffer came way before Fannie like 1 comes before 2? lol

Now where were we?

Guru
    09-08-2010, 11:00 AM #146
    [QUOTE=Havakasha;64622]
    Hey S&L are your really back on that fannie and freddie kick? i thought you had already understood that as William Poole said, the private market was largely responsible for the mess we are in. I quess you couldnt help going back to your original talking point huh?

Why so quiet on Laffer? Hmmm. Chicken? According to John "this part of Siriuslylongs post exactly spells out the "laffer curve". This thread had a discussion all about Laffer and economics and never about Fannie and Freddie. Thanks for "hijacking the thread" Laffer came way before Fannie like 1 comes before 2? lol

Now where were we?
    Wow? I'm thinking maybe you didn't see #140 on the previous page.

Legend
    09-08-2010, 11:09 AM #147
    i quess you are right. i missed it. Sorry. You are now dismissing Poole? Wow! OK keep clinging to your talking points. If you dont know crap about Laffer and supply side economics maybe you should read up a little bit. Its only the major economic theory which Repulbicans have run on for more than 30 years. John actually said you were referring to it. LOL.

The discussion was about Laffer (not fannie and freddie) and John avoided it after i showed his damning quote about the economy. It has absolutely nothing to do with Schiff and his politics but everything to do with Laffer's quote. Dont be a school yard taunter like John. You do know that Roubini and other progressives called the recession just as Schiff did? i hope you dont think "your guy" was the only out there calling for a collapse of the economy? Jeez.

And that is why Laffer is discredited and why supply-side economics is discredited and why Republican tax and economic policies brought us the 2nd worst recession in our history.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-08-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Legend
    09-08-2010, 11:17 AM #148
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Thank you!

Oh, and that would be "you're" not "your"
    Absolutely. We are in TOTAL agreement.
    Did you catch john's polocies as well? No? hmmm. Coward. lol.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-08-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Guru
    09-08-2010, 12:10 PM #149
    Absolutely. We are in TOTAL agreement.
    Did you catch john's polocies as well? No? hmmm. Coward. lol.
    Coward, school yard taunter......? Are we degenerating to name calling now?

I'm not dismissing Poole's opinion. It's in written here that I understand there were many causes to the housing bubble, but clearly disagree on the primary cause. My talking points paint a clear and compelling picture and John's video link further solidified it. Those politians are criminals, and it is their "failed policies" that have sunk us into the second worse recession in history. It is a shame that your partisan beliefs disallow you from being objective, and the political party responsible is trying to rewrite history to suit their polictical objective - the preservation of power. I'm not going to apologize for picking up on the link.

In regards to Schiff, it was truly ironic that you would cite a Von Mises economist. I wish you were objective enough to embrace Schiff. And yes, he wasn't the only one to see it coming.

http://blog.mises.org/8635/supply-si...ore-recession/
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 09-08-2010 at 01:07 PM.

09-08-2010, 12:26 PM #150
    Hey guys, can we just move on from the August thread?
    Perhaps moving to the political thread would be a nice
    thing to do. And I know you guys are all about being nice.

Thanks,

Julie

Page 15 of 18 ... 51314151617 ...