Page 34 of 39 ... 243233343536 ...
    Addict
    10-16-2009, 11:47 AM #331
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Shots,

I am not an options guy. I have explored it, but don't have enough knowledge. Dr. Dave is the man here with options. I just thought I would post this so you didn't think I was ignoring you.
    I wouldnt think that Bill. When you do speak tho, it's always good info.

Another thing I like about this forum is that during business hours we are down to business. No chatter about meaningless crap. If we have advice we share it, if we dont, we dont clutter the board with chatter.
    Sure we do the recipes, youtube, etc, but thats only on nights and weekends which is all good and fine by me. I even think it makes us a tighter group to be able to have fun like that.
    Yet when the market is open, we all talk about stocks and no one ever has to be reminded to stop blabbering so much. (Expect me right now. So I'll stop.)

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-16-2009, 11:54 AM #332
    SIRI has broken out over 60 cents today. That was a great buy for anybody who got in there last week in the low 50's

Mentor
    10-16-2009, 11:58 AM #333
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Ill ask again, anyone have any advice for me concerning buying ETFC call options?
    I want to start trading options, but am very unsure of the process.
    I am reading Dr Dave's forum on the topic and learning tho.
    Shot's I have a little experience with options. I belong to the Motley Fool Options Team.

There can be some good money made that way.

But, here is a very important point. If you are going to trade in options profitably. I suggest using a service like Options Express. The fees on big trades are very reasonable there. I have used Scottrade and the fees can eat up a lot of profit with them. Scotty is GREAT for trading stocks, but not options.

Doctor Dave has a little forum in here somewhere that he has given options lessons in. Look it up, it is very useful information.

I currently hold call options on SIRI at the dollar level for March. I hope these pay off very well!

Addict
    10-16-2009, 12:03 PM #334
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Shot's I have a little experience with options. I belong to the Motley Fool Options Team.

There can be some good money made that way.

But, here is a very important point. If you are going to trade in options profitably. I suggest using a service like Options Express. The fees on big trades are very reasonable there. I have used Scottrade and the fees can eat up a lot of profit with them. Scotty is GREAT for trading stocks, but not options.

Doctor Dave has a little forum in here somewhere that he has given options lessons in. Look it up, it is very useful information.

I currently hold call options on SIRI at the dollar level for March. I hope these pay off very well!

Thx Candles.
    Question: Say you hold those 1$ calls on SIRI for march and SIRI does that R/S. What happens to your options at that point?

Mentor
    10-16-2009, 12:07 PM #335
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Thx Candles.
    Question: Say you hold those 1$ calls on SIRI for march and SIRI does that R/S. What happens to your options at that point?
    hahahahaha

That's a darn good question...LOL

I think they all get adjusted around to work out the same way no matter what. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure about that.

But, as usual for the candlemonster. I bought them at 10 cents, and I hope to sell them at 20 cents before I have to excersise them. I like those little profits.

Mentor
    10-16-2009, 12:08 PM #336
    Bill, Doc, anybody..

Did anyone get in on WAMUQ yet? The price keeps dropping. Just wondering what you all are thinking.

Mentor
    10-16-2009, 01:00 PM #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    MGLG bit's ...

http://www.dtcc.com/downloads/legal/...nscc/a6888.pdf

The shrubettes are ... I know this never happens ... contradicting themselves over this.

Since the post reply tally is way down, might be worth a gander over there ... back it up 20 or 25 replies, couple of bit's on Scotty.

My lack of pennywise accumen is reading this as 'not good' if they are 'exiting' - Sounds like ... "to the grey's you go".

How this is being spun as good news or that they have a new ticker is beyond me ...

Tools!

Just had to let that bit of annoyance out ... Sometimes I have to wonder, is there any inteligence out there?

The aforementioned vent is from attempting to figure out just what this latest development means. The mass minions are going out of their way to make this sound like mglg just got listed on the NASDAQ practically .. "Good news!", "We've been cleared!" ...

Here is what I have been able to drum up;

Trade-for-Trade Settlement

A securities transaction that the buyer and seller settle directly, without recourse to a clearing house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

The clearing house, who do no small business, http://www.dtcc.com/ -
    It's was painstaking trying to squeeze out some defenitions there.

I wouldn't dare think of adjusting the ... short yellow bus riders glee over all this , maybe, just maybe they can fool themselves into pushing this back up to my exit point ... Just this one time, come on, I know you can do it ...

Mentor
    10-16-2009, 01:11 PM #338

Evfl

Evolution Fuels to Dividend Common Shares of Southwest Resources, Inc.

Oct 16, 2009 12:18:08 (ET)

DALLAS, Oct 16, 2009 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX) -- Evolution Fuels, Inc. (Pink Sheets:EVFL) (the "Company") today announced that the Company will dividend 1.5 million shares of the Company's ownership of common stock of Southwest Resources, Inc. (Pink Sheets:SWRS).

On October 16, 2009, the Company executed a settlement agreement with Southwest Resources, which owed a debt to the Company related to a transaction during the third quarter of 2006. The settlement involved the exchange of shares of common stock in Southwest Resources for forgiveness of the debt.

As Evolution Fuels' current business focus is on the establishment of retail renewable fuel stations, the Company's management has determined to provide its shareholders with any potential upside in the equity ownership of its 1.5 million shares of Southwest Resources common stock through a dividend of the shares to its shareholders. Any shareholder of record owning at least 50,000 shares of Evolution Fuels common stock as of November 30, 2009 shall be entitled to receive a quantity of the 1.5 million shares of Southwest Resources common stock proportionate to their ownership of shares of Evolution Fuels common stock. The dividend of shares of Southwest Resources shall be in certificate form and will bear a restrictive trading legend pursuant to Rule 144.

Such dividend shall occur after Southwest Resources has published its Initial Company Information and Disclosure Statement and current financial statements to the Pink Sheets website and achieved the tier ranking of "Current Information."

About Evolution Fuels, Inc.

The Company endeavors to market renewable transportation fuels at retail fuel stations that will provide blends of ethanol ranging from 10% to 85% (E10 to E85), and biodiesel blends from 5% to 20% (B5 to B20). The Company's plan calls for the development of a chain of renewable fuel stations that extend from Texas to Mississippi that will be a combination of "Evolution Fuels"-branded fuel stations/convenience stores and western-motif truck stops modeled after the Willie's Place Truck Stop in Carl's Corner, TX. The Company's Web site is www.evolution-fuels.com .

Forward-Looking Statements Disclosure

This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the federal securities laws. In this context, forward-looking statements may address the Company's expected future business and financial performance, and often contain words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "seeks," "will," and other terms with similar meaning. These forward-looking statements by their nature address matters that are, to different degrees, uncertain. Although the Company believes that the assumptions upon which its forward-looking statements are based are reasonable, it can provide no assurances that these assumptions will prove to be correct. In connection with the "safe harbor" provisions of the federal securities laws, including the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, important factors that, among others, could cause or result in actual results and experience to differ materially from the Company's anticipated results, projections, or other expectations are disclosed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements in this press release are expressly qualified by such cautionary statements, risks, and uncertainties, and by reference to the underlying assumptions.

This news release was distributed by GlobeNewswire, www.globenewswire.com

SOURCE: Evolution Fuels, Inc.

Media & Investor Relations
    Randy Hepler
    866-765-4940
    investors@evolution-fuels.com

Mentor
    10-16-2009, 01:19 PM #339
    Interesting.

Think there has been some prior discussion on these guy's?

SWRS
    0.350 0.000 (0.00%)
    Delayed: 10:04AM EDT
    OTC data delayed by 15 mins - Disclaimer Range 0.35 - 0.35 52 week 0.00 - 6.25 Open 0.35 Vol / Avg. 600.00/ - Mkt cap 32,200.00 P/E - Div/yield - EPS -194.39 Shares 92,026.00 Beta 10.06 Inst. own -

http://www.apollodrillinginc.com/

(Something goofy with their site on my end)

Cancelled my GTC order for the time being.

Guru
    10-16-2009, 01:39 PM #340
    I sold Qasp for .017 today. I bought in at .015. Not a bunch of profit, but better than a swift kick in the pants.

Now, on to other adventures....

Page 34 of 39 ... 243233343536 ...