Page 2 of 8 1234 ...
    01-21-2011, 10:08 AM #11
    Good morning Charles. (where is my sunshine smiley?)
    Thanks you for all your hard work. That being said I would like to make a few suggestions. I waited a few days to do so because being not a big fan of change thought I would get used to this new format. Not so much. (insert grin)
    I like blue BUT my eyes are glazing over viewing this site. (insert frown) We need COLOR. Different color, perhaps green? to
    indicate unread posts etc. That shading ain't gonna cut it. Also spacing between catagories. It's easy to miss the different headings.
    And most important, where are the smileys? How can I (we) possibly express ourselves without them?
    Other than that great job! (insert big grin)
    JMO
    Julie
    Just saw the very wimpy tiny green light indicating I was online. Come on Charles, you can do better than that.
    Be BOLD!!!! (If I had another smiley available I would insert wink smiley here but I have used our alloted 4)
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 01-21-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Head Honcho
    01-21-2011, 01:01 PM #12
    The full list of smilies can be found in the "more" link under the 10 images.

I'm not a fan of change when it comes to apps/websites either. Its pretty common to be adverse to change, you are not alone. It took me 2 days to beat this forum into the SB layout.

I agree, the spacing between the homepage forums was a little tight (it was on my list of things to get to) so I added an additional 10px of space. Now there is a little room to breathe.

There are a few more things on my list to clean up the usability and I will get to them as time allows. In the meantime, if you guys notice any bugs, let me know.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-24-2011, 01:01 AM #13
    Typical female...nitpick and nag...hahaha Hey Julie...just checking to see if you are paying attention!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning Charles. (where is my sunshine smiley?)
    Thanks you for all your hard work. That being said I would like to make a few suggestions. I waited a few days to do so because being not a big fan of change thought I would get used to this new format. Not so much. (insert grin)
    I like blue BUT my eyes are glazing over viewing this site. (insert frown) We need COLOR. Different color, perhaps green? to
    indicate unread posts etc. That shading ain't gonna cut it. Also spacing between catagories. It's easy to miss the different headings.
    And most important, where are the smileys? How can I (we) possibly express ourselves without them?
    Other than that great job! (insert big grin)
    JMO
    Julie
    Just saw the very wimpy tiny green light indicating I was online. Come on Charles, you can do better than that.
    Be BOLD!!!! (If I had another smiley available I would insert wink smiley here but I have used our alloted 4)

01-24-2011, 03:47 PM #14
    Of course I'm paying attention. Nitpick and nag are harsh words Jeff! I prefer to call it constructive critiquing.
    Hope you and fam are well Jeff.

Julie

Head Honcho
    01-24-2011, 04:03 PM #15
    Now that the family is all here, lets get these forums cranking again!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    01-27-2011, 02:49 PM #16
    When are the next dates to watch out for? Have CC dates been released?

Mentor
    01-27-2011, 06:31 PM #17

This Knucklehead must be reading from the Tyler Savery Playbook

I can only conclude that the knucklehead author of this fine analysis must be reading straight from the Tyler Savery playbook . . . write an article about Sirius XM, sprinkle-in a few gratuitous Pandora references, a few unsupported claims, some PR propaganda from Westergren to pump-up the IPO and voila . . . cheap traffic to the website.

Short Sellers Gain on SIRIUS XM as Pandora Rises (SIRI)
    Posted: January 27, 2011 at 11:34 am

SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) peaked above $1.70 at the start of 2011 with a high of $1.72 on January 3 and a high of $1.74 on January 4, but the highest close was $1.69 on January 3, 2011. The wind was at the satellite radio’s back after resigning the NFL and more importantly securing Howard Stern for a few more years. Despite a rising market, there has been some overhang here in SIRIUS XM shares and it has sold off marginally while the NASDAQ rose since the start of the year. Now there is the short interest to consider because that appears to be at the highest level in a year or more.

The short interest has been elevated in recent months, but the new data out from NASDAQ for the December 14, 2011 settlement date shows a reading of almost 240 million shares. The exact figure is 239,986,902 shares in the short interest, which comes to 4.64 days to cover. The highest days to cover ratio had been 6.03 as of the November 30, 2010 settlement date. Still, 239 million shares is the highest even compared to the peak 225.7 million at the December 15 settlement date and 224.2 million shares at the November 30 settlement date.

What may be at issue here is the threat of Pandora Radio. The recent Consumer Electronics Show had much after-buzz about the rise of Pandora. It has always just been a potential threat, but now it is at least starting to come of age with the ability to get into cars and with its iPhone app becoming one of the very top downloads. Pandora is trying to get more into other aspects other than just artist channels and groupings, and it appears to have an upcoming Grammy Awards tie by grouping music around the Grammy’s. What Pandora does not have is the vast host of exclusive celebrity shows and live events for sports, news, and more. There are barriers to entry there, mainly contract exclusivity and price. Last month came another corporate credit rating upgrade from S&P based on much of the ongoing improvements.

A recent report from Seeking Alpha shows that institutional insiders have been accumulating SIRIUS XM shares of late. There is generally a lag to that data, but the growth of the car industry in 2010 helped out and the expected growth of auto sales in 2011 is expected to keep adding subscribers. Pandora will have a very hard time duplicating the SIRIUS XM model, but SIRIUS could rather easily adopt some aspects of the Pandora model and it could charge for it.

Industry pressure and threats can always act as an overhang. The recent Pandora buzz coupled with the massive 2010 run up of 166% are probably giving short sellers some added courage here. If you look at the NASDAQ Short Interest data, you will notice that the short selling up is more than 300% from a year ago. Maybe it was the 2010 gain that is attracting short sellers or maybe it is Pandora’s rise. Maybe there is a thought that SIRIUS XM can’t just keep raising guidance time after time. Whatever the thought is, the short sellers have increased their bets against SIRIUS XM.

JON C. OGG

Head Honcho
    01-27-2011, 07:56 PM #18
    1. So, if the author isn't pumping SIRI as hard as possible, he is a knucklehead?
    2. If you truly think he is a knucklehead, why give him any kind of promotion? Just ignore him.

Also, there is a strange misconception that we or anyone else writes an article for the sake of "cheap traffic." Most days our website gets roughly the same amount of traffic regardless of what we write about (or even if we write for that matter). Putting the word Pandora or Slacker in an article does not create any kind of traffic flood.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-27-2011, 08:27 PM #19
    Lets have another news story about Snooky . .

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    1. So, if the author isn't pumping SIRI as hard as possible, he is a knucklehead?
    No. Actually, the person who comes away with that interpretation of the post is the knucklehead . . you would probably need to understand the trading activity of the equity a little bit better to understand the post . . . but nice to see at least 1 of the site owners participating in the forums.

Lets have more news stories on Snooky

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    2. If you truly think he is a knucklehead, why give him any kind of promotion? Just ignore him.
    You mean just like the way Tyler ignores BM when he puts up a bogus article?

-or-

Do you mean like the same way you ignored my post?
    Last edited by SiriusBuzz; 01-27-2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: 3 in a row

Guru
    01-27-2011, 08:58 PM #20
    Good to see a post from you SRK. I'm glad to be out of the politics thread arguing with the sites two biggest liberals.

BM, hmmm. I haven't heard hype nor hair since his "IPO". Is he still covering SIRI? I used to check in when it was for free, but I'm not paying to post, or read posts. There are "alternatives".

Page 2 of 8 1234 ...