Page 1 of 35 12311 ...
    Guru
    06-21-2009, 11:14 PM #1

Market Watch for week of 6/22/09

This is the new Market Watch for tomorrow, Monday.

There are tons of posts and charts and info in the Market Watch for week of 6/15/2009....check there for all really current information and then continue here, whenever.....tonight or tomorrow.

MGLG will be interesting tomorrow. Where is it going? Hopefully up and early out of the gate!
    Last edited by billhart22; 06-21-2009 at 11:23 PM.

06-21-2009, 11:39 PM #2
    Glad to hear your Dad likes the books Bill!!!!!

Liberty and Tyranny is definitely weaponized words, really an incredible book. I am just taking my time and absorbing it word for word. Maybe I will get Becks book, Levin is tough to beat!!

Futures are looking OK.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/futures.html

Later!!!!

Mentor
    06-22-2009, 03:25 AM #3
    Hi all -

Just did my end of the week market look. Oh, and in case you don't know me, I'm Dave. I was on these boards a while back when I was helping a friend trade some - well I guess all - of his SIRI shares. I TA trade and actually jumped in a few days before that day around 0.38, sold 2 days later with my friend at 0.62 (well, he hit 0.60, as he didn't have a trailing stop option, so he sold when I turned mine on). That was a few months ago.

Later, I took the winnings and have them in SIRI at the moment, but then dropped off these boards, as I floated to other things. Anyway, been investing/trading since somewhere in the 90s. I was on a chatroom/message board that was TA trading for the most part. But it closed down. So, I picked up a SIRI pattern, and logged back in here, and may camp out for a while, unless you run me out. I usually don't trade pennies, but if you want, I can always throw in my "two pennies".

I saw the post from I think Dread on some sites/info for newbies on the last thread. Here's a couple quickies from my end. Most of this is for your average growth stock, not pennies, but, here you go (these are free things to look at - I pay for a bunch of stuff that scrambles my skull):

Futures: you can get graphs at www.ino.com - I like to see what they are doing for the e-mini SP, e-mini Nasdaq and e-mini Dow, etc. Those are futures on the big indexes, and they have more leverage than your average trader - so watching them helps you watch the general market.

Politics or governmental interference: The finviz calendar shows what the big things the investors may be weighing in for the week http://finviz.com/calendar.ashx It's much easier to glance at that during the day, than to read news.

Candles: www.americanbulls.com - today, look at "more indices" then click on the "weekly" tab - I find that when everything is in unison, its usually right. Sometimes during a sharp bounce, you can pick it all up on the dailies...

Market direction: Bulkowski's CPI is free to look at http://thepatternsite.com/CPIUpdate.html

Oh yeah - I liked your idea about watching the $BDI - I take it you use that for market direction, and to trade the shipping stocks. Here's one you also may be interested in, the Philly Shipping Index - it's components are your familiar shipping stocks... actually today looks like there may be a retest of the uptrend line - which is going to converge with the 200 sma - making 2 targets, rather than 1.... which increases the odds.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SH...65767496&r=247

As mentioned though, many people look at stocks different ways. ie. here's my chart for MGLG. Note, I'm not in any of these pennies, and know that pennies don't play normal TA well, and the pattern I have is not one suggested for the 60 min time frame... but fwiw, I just added a link to it to show that everyone has their own take. I'd buy if it broke upward, where many won't buy until the price drops. I guess that's what makes trading unpredictable huh? And why its best to create your own style and practice at it.

Well, there's a long post of unsolicited ramble.

I do have my eye on some of your guys plays, but as usual, I'm juggling way too many on my own, haha.

Dave
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 06-22-2009 at 03:37 AM. Reason: typos

Mentor
    06-22-2009, 03:27 AM #4
    forgot my unsolicited 60 min chart:
    http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=MGL...71237231&r=586

haha - one could also make an argument for a bearish ascending triangle for the same chart...

tea leaves, that's all TA is.

Enthusiast
    06-22-2009, 08:03 AM #5

Mglg

Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    This is the new Market Watch for tomorrow, Monday.

There are tons of posts and charts and info in the Market Watch for week of 6/15/2009....check there for all really current information and then continue here, whenever.....tonight or tomorrow.

MGLG will be interesting tomorrow. Where is it going? Hopefully up and early out of the gate!
    I'm with you and I think MGLG is going to have a KILLER week!!

Cheers,
    -Whynot

Guru
    06-22-2009, 08:45 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    forgot my unsolicited 60 min chart:
    http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=MGL...71237231&r=586

haha - one could also make an argument for a bearish ascending triangle for the same chart...

tea leaves, that's all TA is.
    Lmao! Tea Leaves....I can't see the chart here! It says to go to stockcharts.com to see it. I have to upload to one of my servers then link them. Darn it! I really wanted to see it.

Guru
    06-22-2009, 08:48 AM #7

Welcome back, Dave

It's always good to have you Dave, you have forgotten more than most people know about stocks.

Dave is a great resource...ask him questions while he is around!

Mentor
    06-22-2009, 08:53 AM #8
    good morning bill...do you see the same as me ? 5bids 30k shares @16 vs 1ask 5k shares @ 17?

Mentor
    06-22-2009, 08:59 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    It's always good to have you Dave, you have forgotten more than most people know about stocks.

Dave is a great resource...ask him questions while he is around!
    can i kidnap him? ...well nice to meet you....i definitely appreciate your take. i did post when i commented on my chart i want feedback, im still learning, ty for your take

Guru
    06-22-2009, 09:06 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    good morning bill...do you see the same as me ? 5bids 30k shares @16 vs 1ask 5k shares @ 17?
    I see 25 @ 16 -vs- 5 k shares @ 17. We shall see! I am not anticipating large volume today. I could be wrong. There isn't as much activity in the forums compared to mid last week. We shall see.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ...