Page 3 of 10 12345 ...
    Head Honcho
    06-04-2009, 10:27 AM #21
    Relmor, if you don't like the product we have here why do you stick around? Just like John said, why would someone bash something and stick around. If you want to be constantly negative about this site, I question your motives. If you hate it here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Come on, we all knwo you wont. You cant even remove an ad that was sitting in here for hours. You need more mods. And quieter ones too.
    Yes, I know we get off topic. Wasnt my point at all.
    I will if people don't want links to articles in the intraday thread, I am here to serve the people who care.

That ad was posted at 6am, sorry, I dont mod at 6am and there were probably 2 people here to see the ad.

We hardly have any need for another mod IMHO.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 10:33 AM #22
    Not for your comments, that for sure. The product is the people, I could care less if you were still using a forum from 1980, with no special features. Your product is the people who post here, not the skin or the site structure. Now what you did to get those posters here....
    Good job!!!! Not sit back and enjoy. Your like a sat. radio, and we are the content. Without the content you have nothing. Tyler is an excellent asset to this site.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-04-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Guru
    06-04-2009, 10:40 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I agree but, on the same hand, if you are really interested in a stock why would you ignore possible downside/threats and be overly optimistic on good news?

Who do you think has come to this site and stayed long term just to bash the stock? I dont know of anyone off hand but, maybe I am missing it.

That is true about seeing the down side but you try to bring Slacker/Pandora in on almost every topic. Holy crap in the topic about the new SIRIXM increase you brought them up (basically out of the blue). Then in another thread talking about Pandora starting its own subscription level of service I did not hear one word from you about the how bad that was for the company and how could they have a price increase at this time (because that is really what it ends up being).

Next, you do remember FrontMed, right.

Head Honcho
    06-04-2009, 10:43 AM #24
    I never said the product was the design of the website.

The product is what the people here say and what Tyler and I write about. You seemingly have a problem with a lot of what we say and take time to complain about the ads and now the random once or twice a week spam post (that is written and cleaned up within hours). Or did you forget that you complain about that stuff? Or is it really not all that important in the grand scheme of things and you just like to complain?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 10:46 AM #25
    John,what is your take on the used car promo's that i saw reported by some posters,3 month free trial with every used car that has a radio..How would they be counted as SUBS?And who pays for 3 month's?or is it just free and Car company gets share of sub pay if customer becomes self pay?

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 10:50 AM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I never said the product was the design of the website.

The product is what the people here say and what Tyler and I write about. You seemingly have a problem with a lot of what we say and take time to complain about the ads and now the random once or twice a week spam post (that is written and cleaned up within hours). Or did you forget that you complain about that stuff? Or is it really not all that important in the grand scheme of things and you just like to complain?
    Charles ,Relmor is fine,he just has a pattern of searching out anything posted on the WEB that is inaccurate or unjustly negative written about SXM..

Head Honcho
    06-04-2009, 10:52 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    That is true about seeing the down side but you try to bring Slacker/Pandora in on almost every topic. Holy crap in the topic about the new SIRIXM increase you brought them up (basically out of the blue). Then in another thread talking about Pandora starting its own subscription level of service I did not hear one word from you about the how bad that was for the company and how could they have a price increase at this time (because that is really what it ends up being).
    I don't try and bring them up on every topic and I cant help that I think they are a threat. The competition is a small percentage of what I write about as a whole. I also can't help that the competition is constantly evolving and putting this crap in my face. I dont want to say things like "twitter, facebook, and last.fm are coming to xbox" I want to write an article about how Sirius XM is fianlly coming to xbox. Sirius XM is part of a market that is constantly evolving and reinventing itself and they aren't giving me anything to talk about, its not me being negative, its me simply posting news. When times were good and Sirius XM had press releases and new products coming out left and right and the merger went through, no one told me to slow down with news.

Why do you think offering a sub based service is bad for Pandora? There is a market for a premium service (just like people pay for sirius xm) why not exploit that market?

Next, you do remember FrontMed, right.
    I haven't seen him post in a LONG time and that was one guy. He posted on every satrad site and I dont think anyone thought he didnt have some kind of agenda. I havent seen a frontmed type here since.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-04-2009, 10:56 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Charles ,Relmor is fine,he just has a pattern of searching out anything posted on the WEB that is inaccurate or unjustly negative written about SXM..
    With all that is written about Sirius XM, that sounds like a full time job to me.

What have I written that was inaccurate or unjustly written? I can agree to disagree about what people consider competition or threats but, you can't really say that I BASH sirius xm.

What do we think about Orbicast BTW? Ryan has written more about the competition then me over the last month or so, are you guys all giving him crap about it? Do you think he has lost touch?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-04-2009, 10:59 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    John,what is your take on the used car promo's that i saw reported by some posters,3 month free trial with every used car that has a radio..How would they be counted as SUBS?And who pays for 3 month's?or is it just free and Car company gets share of sub pay if customer becomes self pay?

The OEMs get a revenue share reguardless and it is the same amount weather it was picked up right after the promo or turn off and then turn back on by a totally different owner. That is the other part of the problem I have with the OEM deals. By the way, I also remember seeing people talk about why doesn't SIRIXM do a free side of content (or just charge a buck a year) and just turn on all the radios, well there you go it would be hard to pay the 5 and 3 dollars each month to each OEM that is what there contract calls for, for each radio that is turned back on that was installed by a OEM, at least the big 3 anyway.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:02 AM #30
    The OEMs get a revenue share reguardless and it is the same amount weather it was picked up right after the promo or turn off and then turn back on by a totally different owner. That is the other part of the problem I have with the OEM deals. By the way, I also remember seeing people talk about why doesn't SIRIXM do a free side of content (or just charge a buck a year) and just turn on all the radios, well there you go it would be hard to pay the 5 and 3 dollars each month to each OEM that is what there contract calls for, for each radio that is turned back on that was installed by a OEM, at least the big 3 anyway.
    So basically the OEM has the rights to that radio they installed for life then?
    Good point about turning them all on then,would be a cost nightmare..

Page 3 of 10 12345 ...