Page 3 of 12 12345 ...
    Guru
    04-21-2009, 04:41 PM #21

Todays goofy little things

Well, it was an exciting morning, it felt like my scivvies were falling off in public. OCNF, FREE and especially ABK took a serious walk.

Oh boy, the news just said that obese people are causing global warming.....anyway, it was a rough morning and as the day progressed the above stocks started pulling back up.

I hope that you all had to opportunity to buy them when they were down, because they should go up quite a bit in the next day or two, however, I expect more pullbacks, more frequently, so there should be lots of buy and sell opportunities with OCNF, FREE and yes, even ABK.

ABK came back strong. This morning I was thinking "Oh boy, another month until I can get rid of it". Maybe it will go up again tomorrow. It is such an unpredictable stock....I cannot find anything to base its reaction on. I've looked and just can't find anything to project it with. If you have any ideas with that, please let me know. The last I read was that they are a toxic waste dump.....

SSCCQ.......(shrugging shoulders here)....I just have to do more research, because I believe they are really really viable...so SHOTS, I will do some investigation tonight and see what I can come up with. I might have to get on the pennies board and pump it like a used car salesman on a street corner. I do believe it is good stock though....so far..

That's about it, share some of your experiences today and stocks to watch whether they are pennies or whatever other.

This bank situation is really bugging me....converting government preferred stocks into common stocks. Now logically, wouldn't that create a whole bunch of dilution for stock holders? When this happens, the you can best bet the market will be all over the place. If you have comments or other ideas about this then please post them. I would love to hear them.

Be back later

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 04-21-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Guru
    04-21-2009, 11:18 PM #22

Ssccq

Shots-

Here are some SSCCQ links for you:

http://finance.google.com/group/goog...141bd2a045b001

http://www.prweb.com/releases/DIP_de...web2342744.htm

http://members.whattheythink.com/new...k.cfm?id=36502

http://members.whattheythink.com/all...e.cfm?id=33016

Be sure and read the comments page on the first link. SSCCQ is a BIG company and when it gets it together again it will be listed back on the NYSE.

I like it and will be keeping an eye on it and putting money in as it goes along. To me it is a very interesting stock. A terrific long IMHO, but that is just my opinion. Let me know what you think about it.

Hope this helps...

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 04-21-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Guru
    04-21-2009, 11:28 PM #23
    hey bill seems like u got better timing then i do, i tried sscc before it went bk and got out before i took any damage. Yeah it should be a player again. I have added it to my watch list

Guru
    04-21-2009, 11:42 PM #24

Ssccq

Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hey bill seems like u got better timing then i do, i tried sscc before it went bk and got out before i took any damage. Yeah it should be a player again. I have added it to my watch list
    Tripps -

I remember when you were talking about that. I was just scanning through a bunch of stuff and came upon it again and decided to go for it. It went up quite a few cents from .09 to .15 then it got sold off and it hasn't recovered yet.

Through my own foolishness, I rode it all the way down to .10 and have been hanging there. I wasn't prepared. It was my third mistake in stocks. I am confident in it now, but will wait.

I screwed up on VIAP, GTXO and ABK. The good news is that ABK is on the watchlist for tomorrow for good stocks...how in the hell it rates that I am not sure...but it deals with toxic assets, so who knows. It is worth watching also. It is a real fooler, so anybody, please be careful if you look at it too close. I have had it for 6 months and am hoping that it will pay, or even break even. I have it at 1.34. I am not vested into it that much...a couple of hundred dollars and I have thought about taking a loss many times, but for some reason I just can't push the sell button.

SSCCQ is pretty cool....worth watching and/or a couple of hundred what the hay?

It doesn't cost anything to put on a watch list.

I hope that everyone does great tomorrow!

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 04-22-2009 at 02:12 AM.

Addict
    04-22-2009, 11:33 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Shots-

Here are some SSCCQ links for you:

http://finance.google.com/group/goog...141bd2a045b001

http://www.prweb.com/releases/DIP_de...web2342744.htm

http://members.whattheythink.com/new...k.cfm?id=36502

http://members.whattheythink.com/all...e.cfm?id=33016

Be sure and read the comments page on the first link. SSCCQ is a BIG company and when it gets it together again it will be listed back on the NYSE.

I like it and will be keeping an eye on it and putting money in as it goes along. To me it is a very interesting stock. A terrific long IMHO, but that is just my opinion. Let me know what you think about it.

Hope this helps...

Bill
    Alright Bill, I'm convinced. Buying 40,000 shares x .081. 22200 have already executed. Waiting on the rest.

Been looking for something different to buy and hold for awhile. I think this could be it.

One poster on Google said he's holding until $1.50-2.00 next year. What are your projections?

Seems I have alot of research to do...

Addict
    04-22-2009, 11:36 AM #26
    Whoa. Just shot up to .089. Maybe my .081 wont fill today then. Oh well, still up $176 in 15 minutes. LOL

Guru
    04-22-2009, 12:08 PM #27
    hmm i was in between ssccq and tmr but i went with tmr

Guru
    04-22-2009, 12:13 PM #28

Ssccq

Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Whoa. Just shot up to .089. Maybe my .081 wont fill today then. Oh well, still up $176 in 15 minutes. LOL
    Just remember, be careful...what goes up does come down..
    And of course, vice versa most of the time.... That isn't a very natural law is it?

Guru
    04-22-2009, 12:15 PM #29

Tmr

Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hmm i was in between ssccq and tmr but i went with tmr
    I have seen TMR being tossed about, but I haven't had the opportunity to check it out. I will today. What do you think its good points are? We can kind of compare notes.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 01:27 PM #30
    well it got upgraded by marketedge, being that they upgraded siri and lvlt before they popped i find them very credible. Plus i like the chart at .26 seems like u could be getting it at the bottom. It's also another one that has changed category on tdameritrade to small cap value. plus we are going into summer no reason we cant see a rise on these energy stocks.

The Meridian Resource Corporation (Meridian), incorporated in 1990, is an independent oil and natural gas company. The Company explores for, acquires and develops oil and natural gas properties. As of December 31, 2008, it had proved reserves of 80 billion cubic feet (Bcfe). Sixty-three percent of its proved reserves were natural gas and approximately 64% were classified as proved developed. It owns interests in 19 fields and 100 producing wells, and operated approximately 96% of its total production during the year ended December 31, 2008. The Company's wholly owned subsidiary, TMR Drilling Corporation (TMRD), owns a rig which is used primarily to drill wells operated by the Company.

Page 3 of 12 12345 ...