Page 6 of 7 ... 4567
    02-28-2013, 08:50 PM #51
    Why do you think we need a modem? All anyone needs is access to the internet via WIFI, 3G, 4G, satellite, etc. Once a company has access to the internet, the sky is the limit. For example, imagine an IPAD on the dashboard of your car with internet access. It's no different than someone carrying there phone around other than it's attached to your car. An internet connection means access to hundreds of thousands if not millions of applications. Oh and as far as AT&T goes, they want to be the ones providing the internet connection to the iCar Radio.

p.s. hop on over to chat if you want to continue discussing. i would hate to clutter up the forum with quick responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    I think everyone is getting this modem thing in the car wrong, AT&T isn't the one that needs/wants a modem, and neither do we if we intend on utilizing bluetooth. I mentioned it in chat last night, imo, the modem is for us. I've been saying it from day one. We are going to be the one's to connect the car, Not Apple, Not Pandora, Not Microsoft,....Us. Be prepared. If we plan on piggybacking off of other peoples' bandwidth, why have Sats? Or better question, what are they gonna be used for? We got the lockdown, all according to plan. Wake up people!!!

My theory on Apps is they are evolving the internet, giving the source of the bandwidth more control over it's usage and efficeincy. I imagine an App with on demand Auto tuning, how much data would that require, very little. The system is gonna be integrated into the cars onboard computer, hence a modem needed, with an un-interuptable data connection across the continental US.

Discloser: I do not foresee people searching the internet while driving Maybe while parked and $2.99/mth

I also got to say, I have a background in networks, and this is not far fetched. Liberty and At&t have rubbed elbows in the past, and then Siri and AT&t,(tho we still don't know what it was about) coincidence?
    Last edited by midas360; 02-28-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    02-28-2013, 08:58 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    DM!

What's up man...been wondering what happened to you dog. Glad everything is cool with you. Good to have another SIRILONGDUCKDONGBULL on board. Play the swings with some overcore and keep the rest stashed under the matress.
    Thanks Denco...hope everything is well with you too. Lets make some money. LONG N STRONG SIRI!

Addict
    02-28-2013, 09:23 PM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Why do you think we need a modem? All anyone needs is access to the internet via WIFI, 3G, 4G, satellite, etc. Once a company has access to the internet, the sky is the limit. For example, imagine an IPAD on the dashboard of your car with internet access. It's no different than someone carrying there phone around other than it's attached to your car. An internet connection means access to hundreds of thousands if not millions of applications. Oh and as far as AT&T goes, they want to be the ones providing the internet connection to the iCar Radio.

p.s. hop on over to chat if you want to continue discussing. i would hate to clutter up the forum with quick responses.
    The modem would be mainly for the car for any special functions the manufacturer wanted to implement themselves, but would be directly connected to our network. But on another note, what if it's 5G? I haven't seen any 5G modems. It's all speculation at this point, but my gut says something major is up, Mel didn't say revolutionary for no reason. And Malone thinks 10 years down the road. I'm out for the night, GLA

$3.12 close tomorrow, imo, if there's no resolution to sequestration

To answer your question Midas, all those cell phones for all those providers, are basically modems, it sorts data and allocates it to the appropriate services. Also all those millions of apps aren't connected to your car, it's a whole new playing field.
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-28-2013 at 09:42 PM.

02-28-2013, 09:32 PM #54
    I do have a question.. Can Sirius XM provide internet service via their Satellites?

The modem would be mainly for the car for any special functions the manufacturer wanted to implement themselves, but would be directly connected to our network. But on another note, what if it's 5G? I haven't seen any 5G modems. It's all speculation at this point, but my gut says something major is up, Mel didn't say revolutionary for no reason. And Malone thinks 10 years down the road. I'm out for the night, GLA

$3.12 close tomorrow, imo, if there's no resolution to sequestration
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Head Honcho
    02-28-2013, 09:35 PM #55
    I say, if the country runs at a deficit for two terms while you're in office, you're out. Watch the assholes in congress work when its their nuts on the line.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-28-2013, 09:51 PM #56
    +1

I completely agree. In Texas, we have state assessments that students have to pass to move to the next grade. Why don't we hold these assholes accountable just like we do our children and teachers?

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I say, if the country runs at a deficit for two terms while you're in office, you're out. Watch the assholes in congress work when its their nuts on the line.

Addict
    02-28-2013, 10:00 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I do have a question.. Can Sirius XM provide internet service via their Satellites?
    It's all about 1's and 0's brother. My answer is yes. If they wanted too. I think their gonna go the App approach, more control. EG Apple

But it's entirely possible, imo
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-28-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-28-2013, 10:23 PM #58
    I don't think it is possible. I think their specific satellites only transmit data one way. I could be wrong but, I am pretty sure I have seen this discussed before.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    02-28-2013, 10:44 PM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I don't think it is possible. I think their specific satellites only transmit data one way. I could be wrong but, I am pretty sure I have seen this discussed before.
    And if your only transmitting one way how does the satellites know when you change the channel? The question is, will the FCC allow them to utilize SDARS for other purposes besides audio. The FCC has had an ongoing campaign to try to increase broadband access ability. The pieces are in place, and we have the technology. You can learn alot at fcc.gov, I know for one, I've done my DD. I know what I know, believe it or not. I'm really surprized at the lack of knowledge of what has been going on at the fcc. It's not if we have the power, it's when do they allow us to use it?
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-28-2013 at 11:21 PM.

02-28-2013, 11:34 PM #60
    Seems everytime siri drops .20, it's the end of the world all of the sudden, scaring the scaredy cats right outa their positions,, heck if they did have a sell in at $3.15 they could be accumulating more shares right now, sucks to be them and I'm very glad I'm loaded with siri and not cash. My calls I bought last Thursday are up a grand.... Make that holding cash!!! It's all about taking profits, cutting losses, and seizing opportunities. And I'll gladly step up and buy when everyone else is selling, from their hands to mine It's all about displine and knowing your limits on how much risk your gut can take. You can't make no money holding cash. That's what they make limit and stop orders for. If you have a low risk tolerance, put in a low risk trade.
    Thanks for the advice RC. My opinion is not unique to Siri. It's the market...of all the stocks this forum has kicked around...many of them have broken uptrend lines based on the Stikky Charts. It's good to hear someone is making $. I've made and lost some and I have plenty of time to do more of that in the future.

I'm interested in your opinion on my megaphone formation on the Dow?

Page 6 of 7 ... 4567