08-19-2008, 03:58 PM #1

New Layout = Lag?

The white backdrop seems to hang initially on the load. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is my internet just hiccuping?
    Last edited by zcurzan; 08-19-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Head Honcho
    08-19-2008, 08:02 PM #2
    I am seeing it as well (I just didn't have time to fix it yet)... good news is I am designing it and can hopefully fix it. What browser are you using?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    08-19-2008, 11:22 PM #3
    Anyone have any thoughts on the new layout thus far? Good? Bad? I am not done yet so here is your chance to influence me.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-20-2008, 05:45 AM #4
    I like the new Layout. The NEWS link at top was the best change.

08-20-2008, 10:42 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am seeing it as well (I just didn't have time to fix it yet)... good news is I am designing it and can hopefully fix it. What browser are you using?
    Firefox 3.0
    Last edited by zcurzan; 08-20-2008 at 11:02 AM.

08-20-2008, 11:16 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on the new layout thus far? Good? Bad? I am not done yet so here is your chance to influence me.
    Are you working on a new logo or are you going to leave it plaint-text?

Did you always have a banner (loads sometimes) up on the top like that? It can be distracting, particularly without a logo popping out.

Maybe bold NEWS FORUMS ABOUT CONTACT? It's hard for me to visualize without it in front of me. They just seem to get lost in the layout as your main navigation bar.

I was going through the wayback machine to check it out. At one point you had the stock quotes come through, not that people aren't aware of all of that by themselves, but it might be handy when you have a post talking about a beat down or a lift the stock has been taking recently.

EDIT: Drop the PollDaddy about when the FCC will approve.
    Last edited by zcurzan; 08-20-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Enthusiast
    08-24-2008, 02:05 PM #7
    In addition to a laptop, I access Sirius Buzz on a smartphone. The new format definitely loads quicker on the EDGE based Nokia E62 than it had in the past. Both the old and new formats are quite readable on the proprietory Nokia Browser. I am sure that many satellite radio fans are into technological gadgets. I would also guess that I am not the only one who uses alternative means of reading SiriusBuzz, so it might not be a bad idea to keep that in mind in designing the format.

I still haven't managed to access Sirius Buzz radio via the smartphone. I can't even download it but can download it on my PC and play it on the smartphone.

Head Honcho
    08-25-2008, 01:26 PM #8
    That is great to hear James. I actually kept mobile browsing in mind when working on the new design. My main goal was speed and this new design is at the very least 70k lighter than the old design. It's probably only a second faster for broadband users but it could easily be a few seconds quicker for mobile users.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder