11-23-2020, 09:27 PM #1

Online streaming devices

I have 4 in-vehicle satellite radio subscriptions. (My pickup, wife's car, my motorcycle, & my work truck) They come with online streaming. I don't want to pay even more money monthly with what I want to accomplish. I want to stream SiriusXM in my garage without the use of my phone/computer/tablet. I want to use an existing sound system that is setup there which is old and has RCA connections only. I do have hardwired internet.

Are there any devices that act like the SiriusXM for business streaming radio but I can use my home streaming subscription with?

I found the Grace Link from gracedigital which would appear to work but is expensive ($179) and currently sold out anyway.

11-25-2020, 08:07 PM #2
    The Bose Wave Music System 4 is an option. It has a hardwire internet connection. It could replace your current setup entirely.

The cheapest option really would be to get a WiFi router, and an old smartphone/tablet, and connect it to your current system. But, I understand not wanting to do that.

Good luck!

Head Honcho
    11-25-2020, 11:46 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by HDFatboy09 View Post
    want to stream SiriusXM in my garage without the use of my phone/computer/tablet. I want to use an existing sound system that is setup there which is old and has RCA connections only. I do have hardwired internet.
    I hear you BUT, you do know you can plug your phone/tablet into your existing sound system right? You can get a headphone to RCA wire for $3. Its a hell of a lot cheaper than $179.

I know I'm breaking your one request/rule and I hate when people do that, I just want to make sure you knew what was possible.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-30-2020, 04:31 AM #4
    Thanks for the replies. The main reason why I said not my phone is because I do that now and it's just a pain when I get a phone call or something and plus I want others to be able to listen while I walk away or am not there. I think the easiest and cheapest is going to just download the app on an old phone and dedicate that to the cause.

Head Honcho
    11-30-2020, 09:51 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by HDFatboy09 View Post
    I think the easiest and cheapest is going to just download the app on an old phone and dedicate that to the cause.
    An even better solution!

People have drawers full of old phones. You've come up with solid use for those wastes of space.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder