Page 2 of 4 1234
    Mentor
    07-14-2009, 02:21 PM #11
    I thought of a few personal examples of the kind of stuff im talking about. There was a poster here who accused me of being a pumper, due to the volume of posts i had. Not going to get into it, but that was one small , almost irrelevant example. I didnt take offense to it, in fact, i thought it was funny, in a way. I still joke with other posters about how dumb I am due to the post total.
    Another example might be jumping on poor julie for posting a rumor, before we knew her character. That was another personal one I can share. ONce again, that is minor, and not entirely of what im getting at. My point is how could this affect the whoel community?
    Well, if julie had a huge piece of news to share the next day, maybe she wouldnt because i was rude. That hurts us, the investing community as a whole. Thats one example. But once again, just a small one.
    Although it is important to identify pumpers and bashers, there is a happy medium I suppose is my point.

Mentor
    07-14-2009, 02:28 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Yes, that is more of what my point was, yes. To a degree. But even that stuff isnt that bad. I wouldnt want censorship of any kind either. I agree.
    But motives are very hard to gauge, and be sure of. In the past we all have done a little too much prying and accusing. I do not disclude myself. Im hoping we can turn over a new leaf and focus on the strategies, opinions, articles, and such, and not the other stuff. That hurt the entire community, not just one person, one site, or one author. Etc...

Jane ,you ignorant SLUT!!!!!

Yesterday was the day the shorts from the lent shares would have to settle and return them to SXM with closing of 2014 bond,Still hoping for SEC filing today or tomorrow,,How bad is that,still hoping it happens...

Mentor
    07-14-2009, 02:32 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I thought of a few personal examples of the kind of stuff im talking about. There was a poster here who accused me of being a pumper, due to the volume of posts i had. Not going to get into it, but that was one small , almost irrelevant example. I didnt take offense to it, in fact, i thought it was funny, in a way. I still joke with other posters about how dumb I am due to the post total.
    Another example might be jumping on poor julie for posting a rumor, before we knew her character. That was another personal one I can share. ONce again, that is minor, and not entirely of what im getting at. My point is how could this affect the whoel community?
    Well, if julie had a huge piece of news to share the next day, maybe she wouldnt because i was rude. That hurts us, the investing community as a whole. Thats one example. But once again, just a small one.
    Although it is important to identify pumpers and bashers, there is a happy medium I suppose is my point.
    Agree with you there,i remember first posting here and charles telling me i couldn't just post the whole copy of an article from WSJ and just link it..took me a couple of weeks to post a link after that,,,LOL..
    But he was right in his reasonoing with copyright and all...

P.S.I remember the julietoo one with the link and Airman came to her defense from you and ASM i believe,came on that day and was reading the post's then posted how it was a Gang bang on julietoo day,and boy did i get roasted over that comment,but i regretted it when i wrote it and meant it as a rebuking of what went on,but used chilish words taken out of context...SW was born a week later...
    So actually it is Julie's fault this all happened,yeah that is the ticket,it is all Julietoo's fault!!!!

JK Julietoo,know you'll see thgis tonight and laugh!!!
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 07-14-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Mentor
    07-14-2009, 02:35 PM #14
    I'll give an example of where I think ascribing motive can be beneficial . .

When Charles puts up a positive Slacker/Pandora article here I have seen others accuse him of ulterior motives because of another site he owns . . .

I may or may not believe the motives that are ascribed to him (perhaps unfairly) by other posters but I am interested in that kind of info because it "might" (and I emphasize might) temper my judgment on how much credibility I give that particular report . .

There is of course the risk of falsely ascribing motive . . but trying to contain discussion about motive is a slippery slope that really is a form of self-imposed censorship . . right?

and look at the Julie thing from the other side . . if you hadn't tapped the back of her hand with a ruler . . and she turned-out to be a rumor-monger, many could have been hurt by imprudent investment . . plus Julie took it like a champ and came through it fine . . . a good case study.
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 07-14-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Mentor
    07-14-2009, 02:41 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post

When Charles puts up a positive Slacker/Pandora article here I have seen others accuse him of ulterior motives because of another site he owns . . .

I may or may not believe the motives that are ascribed to him (perhaps unfairly) by other posters but I am interested in that kind of info because it "might" (and I emphasize might) temper my judgment on how much credibility I give that particular report . .

There is of course the risk of falsely ascribing motive . . but trying to contain discussion about motive is a slippery slope that really is a form of self-imposed censorship . . right?
    That would be true on both accounts,with the typed faceless word it is hard to decipher intent without seeing someones face,this is why i think it is a terrible form of opinion based communication..Facts,perfectly reasonable form of communication...

Mentor
    07-14-2009, 02:42 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post

and look at the Julie thing from the other side . . if you hadn't tapped the back of her hand with a ruler . . and she turned-out to be a rumor-monger, many could have been hurt by imprudent investment . . plus Julie took it like a champ and came through it fine . . . a good case study.
    Thats more of my point yes roadkill. Stuff like that. Motives are extemely hard to gauge. And goes to someones core. Fine line there, without being worrying about being politically correct like Irish said either. Believe me, I hate PC people as much as the next person.

Addict
    07-14-2009, 03:02 PM #17
    So what now ? A big hug and cry ? Please ...

Guru
    07-14-2009, 03:04 PM #18
    he's just trying reverse psychology

Mentor
    07-14-2009, 03:06 PM #19
    relmor its a nice concept. but its utopia. i still read sw everyday as well as other sites even though im a long. ive realized long ago sw is focused on traders and this site is more focused on true longs. if you go on the market thread in this forum you'll find that i trade alot , just not in sirius. so point being, my opinion is there are people who write articles to improve their position in sirius. when a person who writes an article that says sirius is going BK right after the liberty deal is consumated makes me fkn MAD AS HELL and im curious to their intentions. and i will question their motives. relmor anyone else writes that article and you wouldve ripped him to shreds. but who knows maybe some of you guys get to preview the articles before they come out, i dont know.

nevermind, today you and sl posted on SW that no one is allowed to mention this site . lol. i mean cmon bro, wtf? THAT JUSTIFIES ALL THE negative comments directed towards you guys. you can come here and participate in debates and share information and opinions but the sheeple can not bring some of our opinions there???????

when tyler and charles write articles that people disagree with , they get blasted by the regulars here. you guys are more than welcomed to blast them here also. but it seems like we cant debate any issues there when articles are written that most here disagree with, like the positive sub story for Q2 , we are automatically called bashers or trying to disrupt the site and the mods will not let anyone turn it into a yazoo.

we are all friends here in some respect, we know each other to the point where we know none of us are shorting or bashing. healthy debate is needed , i dont believe in suppressing any info and that is why i travel to different parts of the web for siri discussion, i love all opinions. i will laugh at the ridiculous ones tho but you see my point.

anyways the olive branch is a good offering, but the freedom of speech standards are way too different for sw to be a good forum for debate. for now it just presents itself as a daytraders forum and people there are just trying to find the right ranges to profit. thats how i see it. one day the sentiment is postive, then the sentiment turns negative the next. well , anyways im long term postive. i have $88k in sirius that says so.

Mentor
    07-14-2009, 03:30 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    relmor its a nice concept. but its utopia. i still read sw everyday as well as other sites even though im a long. ive realized long ago sw is focused on traders and this site is more focused on true longs. if you go on the market thread in this forum you'll find that i trade alot , just not in sirius. so point being, my opinion is there are people who write articles to improve their position in sirius. when a person who writes an article that says sirius is going BK right after the liberty deal is consumated makes me fkn MAD AS HELL and im curious to their intentions. and i will question their motives. relmor anyone else writes that article and you wouldve ripped him to shreds. but who knows maybe some of you guys get to preview the articles before they come out, i dont know.

nevermind, today you and sl posted on SW that no one is allowed to mention this site . lol. i mean cmon bro, wtf? THAT JUSTIFIES ALL THE negative comments directed towards you guys. you can come here and participate in debates and share information and opinions but the sheeple can not bring some of our opinions there???????

when tyler and charles write articles that people disagree with , they get blasted by the regulars here. you guys are more than welcomed to blast them here also. but it seems like we cant debate any issues there when articles are written that most here disagree with, like the positive sub story for Q2 , we are automatically called bashers or trying to disrupt the site and the mods will not let anyone turn it into a yazoo.

we are all friends here in some respect, we know each other to the point where we know none of us are shorting or bashing. healthy debate is needed , i dont believe in suppressing any info and that is why i travel to different parts of the web for siri discussion, i love all opinions. i will laugh at the ridiculous ones tho but you see my point.

anyways the olive branch is a good offering, but the freedom of speech standards are way too different for sw to be a good forum for debate. for now it just presents itself as a daytraders forum and people there are just trying to find the right ranges to profit. thats how i see it. one day the sentiment is postive, then the sentiment turns negative the next. well , anyways im long term postive. i have $88k in sirius that says so.
    Not an olive branch. I have no allegiances to anywhere. Thats my point. I wish there were 10 sites like this. Id be on all of them. Im sure someone on one of them might see something i missed, or had a view I didnt consider.
    I could only dream there were more quality discussion stock sites.
    This general concept of view as a poster, differs from that of an owner. Sometimes we forget that, and need to remember motives and other issues at hand. Owners do what they do. Posters do what they do. Is that any clearer?
    I will bitch and moan about any article charles writes or tyler that i disagree with. Of course I will. And I praise when I agree with it. Tyler can verify this. I am not all one way ever. Charles maybe more so, but thats just opinion.
    "THAT JUSTIFIES ALL THE negative comments directed towards you guys. you can come here and participate in debates and share information and opinions but the sheeple can not bring some of our opinions there???????"-From post

No it doesnt. It should be a rule of all sites. It WOULD ALLEVIATE ALL THE PROBLEMS. So on that issue your 100 percent wrong. Its that stuff that damages the whole community. But not my entire point. Its everything, not just that.
    Imagine if Liberty and SiriusXM argued everyday. Both on the same side. But how would that look to shorts?
    Now imagine 10 sites that discussed sirius, all argueing with each other.
    How does that help us?
    As a poster, I could care less if SW and SB went down tomorrow. And a new guy came in and started up a new one with 100 times more intelligent posters. Id post there. Id miss these owners, Brandond, tyler, charlies, Gino, etc... But as a poster, id have lost nothing.
    Id only gained. Extreme and fantasy example, but you get my point.
    Silly stuff bascially.
    And if you dont think Ive been critcal of "other" authors, you not reading my comments. I am downright mean to him sometimes.
    If more posts about intra day action (good point bassmaster) I would be here more posting. Good example.

I think arguing is great. I will go on record as saying that. Debate, bassmaster, I love it. Name calling, fine. If its in the heat of a debate on issues about the company, who cares. Im talking about questioning motives, however, and deeper issues that can do harm to the community of SiriusXM.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 07-14-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1234