Enthusiast
    08-11-2008, 12:07 AM #1

How low can SIRI go?

I definitely think it is undervalued now, but does anyone think that the big shorts can push this down below 50 cents? Or will so many people buy at 99 cents that it will get enough support to stay around a dollar?

It seems like right now it is just a race to see what comes first... 99 cents or a very big and promising news item.

Is Mel sitting on some big info that he is trying to hold until after Labor Day, but would be willing to let out it if the price drops below a buck? Would he be worried about a sub dollar price?

Just wonder what everyone's thoughts are. I'd like to buy more, but just want to get an educated idea about what the lowest potential bottom for he stock could be... barring an entire market moving event, or some legal issue directly related to the company.

Also can anyone tell me what brought SIRI down to 41 cents back in 2003?

Thanks.
    Last edited by spanyo; 08-12-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Enthusiast
    08-12-2008, 04:34 PM #2

Wienkes generous at $1 a share?

Check out this link...

Wienkes "says he was actually being generous in arriving at his valuation of a buck a share. He used a cost of equity (COE) of approximately 10% in his discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis. “Using a more appropriate 13% COE, our DCF analysis would imply approximately $0.45 per share,” he noted."

http://www.rbr.com/radio/sirius_xm_a...k_a_share.html

Enthusiast
    08-14-2008, 08:36 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by spanyo View Post
    Check out this link...

Wienkes "says he was actually being generous in arriving at his valuation of a buck a share. He used a cost of equity (COE) of approximately 10% in his discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis. “Using a more appropriate 13% COE, our DCF analysis would imply approximately $0.45 per share,” he noted."

http://www.rbr.com/radio/sirius_xm_a...k_a_share.html

Remember Wienkes is insane in his views of SiriXm

Enthusiast
    08-14-2008, 10:15 PM #4
    Agreed. Although he has been able to do damage in the past. And I admit that I am kind of hoping that the price will go to $1, but only briefly. I would be so excited to double my position. Since rooting for it to go up isn't working I am willing to root for it to go down.

Mentor
    08-14-2008, 10:29 PM #5
    And this comment by Weinks definately needs to be taken with a grain of salt, as he came out and said this the day after Mel accused him of working with the Hedge Funds. He may be a bit vendictive...

Guru
    08-14-2008, 10:32 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by spanyo View Post
    Agreed. Although he has been able to do damage in the past. And I admit that I am kind of hoping that the price will go to $1, but only briefly. I would be so excited to double my position. Since rooting for it to go up isn't working I am willing to root for it to go down.
    It seems like everytime I went to add shares it went up right before I bought it then down after, so this might work...

Enthusiast
    08-14-2008, 10:45 PM #7
    Good point Newman. I guess the Clear Channel connection can't be ignored either.

Weinkes is like all the reporters/journalists that said Stern wouldn't be successful in their city, because their city was different than New York, etc. They were pretty much usually wrong.

Imromo, do you use limit orders? If you pick a reasonable price that you like, SIRI seems to find it. Before the merger I had a dream that the merger was approved the stock went to $20, then down to $1.42. I put in a limit order for $1.45 for a few days, but then figured it would only go that low if the merger wasn't approved so I raised my price to $2.04. Oh well... If I have a dream that it goes to $1 I'll let you know.