Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Head Honcho
    01-29-2013, 10:15 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    One of my sites says only hold through earnings if you're in it for the long haul on any stock. If you swing trade you should ignore earnings day and sell prior.
    I would be OK with that but, after what happened to AAPL the other day, I dont think anyone should get caught with their pants down. How do you stay long and protect yourself from big swings at the same time? There must be a happy medium somewhere. The market doesnt care about fundamentals!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-29-2013, 10:17 PM #32
    I remember people praying for a 2.50 buyout 6 months ago and we all knew liberty was going to 50%. Now its got $4 targets and $3.33 is a "given". Makes me nervous.

01-29-2013, 10:18 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    I'm glad someone has the same enthusiasm as I do!!!

Hey Radejs, how bout that MJNA today
    I don't think the "Santa Claus" effect has came for SIRI yet, I hope Malone likes big presents, I have a feeling he does

Thanks for the chart last night Denco1
    Hey Redcloud- yeah, mjna up 8% today. looking good, wish I had more. I think it has a long way to run.

Got my stickky charts book today, looks REALLY easy and simple. Looks like it can be done in a few days, but gonna be next week for me at earliest I think, lots of evening meetings and working all of this weekend, literally. Looking forward to reading it.

SIRI Earnings? Well even though the NOLS are "understood" when they were posted as income, the stock price took off for really no other reason so I am not totally discounting there absence this time around but still doubt they are an issue.

We already know most of the numbers and they are pretty good and there influence is already in the damn good SP. What is said by Malone et al, what is announced, what is "felt", as subjective as it is, will matter most I think. I feel Liberty has waited a long time and has some pretty good ideas and directions to steer this cash cow into more EBIDTA, margins, and cash flow. With the SP holding so well I think the street is expecting something good and the bounce will be substantial. Disappointment is also possible if no real exciting announcements come out, but hopefully that will be muted. This market drives me crazy how some SP have these wild swings and responses to earnings (good like NFLX) and bad (like AAPL) and other stocks or time really significant financial data is essentially ignored.

Was my day off today ( so actually I post/watch stocks less) since i work at a computer all day. Just got back to the computer Had to go fix a toilet, snake a tub drain, change a tractor tire, bring in car for service, pick up some gutter supplies etc. I work harder my days off usually. Do you guys feel that too? Life is busy but I have a pretty good one and am not complaining, just explaining my slow/late responses.

Addict
    01-29-2013, 10:24 PM #34
    Hey, if anybody's interested I'm open to a lending library I do need to get one of those books tho. Buzz that could be a lucrative affilate program, selling books. Sure you could sell that book around here.

Guru
    01-29-2013, 10:30 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I would be OK with that but, after what happened to AAPL the other day, I dont think anyone should get caught with their pants down. How do you stay long and protect yourself from big swings at the same time? There must be a happy medium somewhere. The market doesnt care about fundamentals!
    Buying on dips is your protection if you are true long term believer. I read Buffets quotes one day, and I think we can all attest , the long term holder always beats the market timer. It only works if you buy good names at discounted prices.

Read all of these http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett Our stay-put behavior reflects our view that the stock market serves as a relocation center at which money is moved from the active to the patient.

Addict
    01-29-2013, 10:34 PM #36
    I think Malone is Mel2.0, I'm ready for the advertising, it would be real nice if they advertise the free radio turn-ons they start tomorrow. From what I've heard they are, via mail, but I'd like to see a televised one.

Addict
    01-29-2013, 10:38 PM #37
    Buying on dips is your protection if you are true long term believer. I read Buffets quotes one day, and I think we can all attest , the long term holder always beats the market timer. It only works if you buy good names at discounted prices.

Read all of these http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett Our stay-put behavior reflects our view that the stock market serves as a relocation center at which money is moved from the active to the patient.

What if your stay put, but got happy feet too!!! You hold long, and dibble dabble with the rest, there's no true game, they all got their own perks.I hold long and dibble dabble with the rest, I like to have a foot on both sides of the fence, just in case, But that's just my strategy.

Great advice imo
    And what can you say to Warren Buffet but "Who's the man?, You are!!!"
    Last edited by Redcloud; 01-29-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Mentor
    01-29-2013, 10:50 PM #38
    Good stuff everyone! Looks like I need to order a book!

Time to let the dog roam a bit!

JS

Guru
    01-29-2013, 11:15 PM #39
    What if your stay put, but got happy feet too!!! You hold long, and dibble dabble with the rest, there's no true game, they all got their own perks.I hold long and dibble dabble with the rest, I like to have a foot on both sides of the fence, just in case, But that's just my strategy.

Great advice imo
    And what can you say to Warren Buffet but "Who's the man?, You are!!!"
    I think you also have to look at whether its a 401k a mutual fund or your savings account!

Head Honcho
    01-30-2013, 12:21 AM #40
    I remember people praying for a 2.50 buyout 6 months ago and we all knew liberty was going to 50%. Now its got $4 targets and $3.33 is a "given". Makes me nervous.
    Exactly. Just like AAPL 800,900,1000 was a given. AAPL has ruined how I play stocks.

Buzz that could be a lucrative affiliate program, selling books. Sure you could sell that book around here.
    I am in desperate need of a useful affiliate program for you guys. I dont think an amazon link will be the revenue solution we need but, a "suggested reading" thread is probably a good idea for everyone.

I've spent the last 10 years trying to live by that and I have done OK but I have watched so many obvious opportunities to get in and out pass me by. If I had as much time and money as Buffet has/had I would simply stay long. I need to gamble a little.

Yeah, I want to double dribble and all of that.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 4 of 4 ... 234