Mentor
    11-05-2009, 10:21 PM #91
    yeah dave $1 march calls

Mentor
    11-05-2009, 10:26 PM #92
    dave check your private message

Mentor
    11-05-2009, 10:38 PM #93
    is it common for something like when the double support /resistance line intersects with the main trendline a rally or breakout occurs? looks like perfect timing or just a coincidence? well not really a breakout since its not breaking out of anything on those 2 lines, but def looking like a rally

Mentor
    11-06-2009, 12:20 AM #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Here's a video clip that you may want to watch...

I especially like the last minute or so...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1320025095&play=1

Rams
    Rams,

Thank you kindly! Wasn't able to catch it this morning due to that rash producing business called 'work' - Especially the last minute or so ... !

And to think back this year on all the nastiness directed Mel's way ... for shame!

Exceeded the exclamation quota for the day

!

Mentor
    11-06-2009, 12:23 AM #95
    Hey Bass,

What's your thought's on QASP these days?

Mentor
    11-06-2009, 03:36 AM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    yeah dave $1 march calls
    Dude - that's pretty sweet. I looked to see where they are trading at... they aren't... no open interest, or at least I didn't see any... which means (to me), no one interested in selling anymore. I figure if next quarter is the bigger one... and we have some 1,2,3,4,5 up to there to put in a big 5, the rate things are going, it could happen before the market needs to suck back. Just my thoughts. In fact, I thought of picking up $100 worth of these january ones, since they are only worth a nickel, with no bidders. Risky, but the reward is pretty high, and you wouldn't necessarily have to hit a dollar to get a payout... but... but... if there is any spike in price, you'd definately have to pull the trigger. In fact, if there is some psycho spike up that way, I'd sell some of yours... anyway, just thought it was odd I couldn't find any for march... could be I had the wrong ticker in, but don't think so.

Mentor
    11-06-2009, 03:44 AM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    is it common for something like when the double support /resistance line intersects with the main trendline a rally or breakout occurs? looks like perfect timing or just a coincidence? well not really a breakout since its not breaking out of anything on those 2 lines, but def looking like a rally
    I always look for stuff like that... you have to figure that there are traders out there who are in a stock for mostly fundamental reasons, but use one form of TA, so if there are multiple lines in the same area, you can (we'll in my head I imagine) get them both going in the same direction. That's why I believe in where multiple lines run together, especially plain jane horizontal price support and resistance. Think of it this way.. if there were a bunch of folks that bought and lost 6 years ago.. they just want to sell at breakeven.. they aren't looking at anything but their accounts. Then you have some TA fools playing off a more recent line with the same price, they haven't even looked at a weekly or monthly chart, but in the end, it adds up.

Try your luck on drawing stuff out on FCEL... that was someone's ticker from this message board... I kept tracking it - it clearly had (haven't looked in a few weeks) two different camps playing it.. almost a dream chart. I can't short anything under $5. But man, that thing was playing off two sets of players almost to the penny.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    11-06-2009, 09:54 AM #98

Ocnf

We've been talking about Ocean Frieght for awhile. I bought in 6 weeks ago and I'm down about 20% right now.

So......what are we looking for in this stock?

Bill, you're looking to buy in. I'm just curious about your reasons for thinking we may see a rise in price anytime soon.

Mentor
    11-06-2009, 10:14 AM #99

VPVC, DD, RSVP, FWIW, blah,blah,blah ...

QUASAR AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES, INC.

Filed 11/3/2009

Officer/Director Detail
    Name & Address

Title VPVC
    LUNDQUIST, R. MARK

http://tinyurl.com/yaa7nlc

BACKGROUND*
    Mark S. Lundquist serves as a Senior Vice President of Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. Mr. Lundquist is a Co-Founder of Halberd Corp. and has been its Chief Executive Officer and Secretary since January 26, 2009. He is the founder of Fulcrum Edge, Inc. and serves as its President and Chief Executive Officer since 2001. He spent fifteen years in the aerospace and defense arena before coming to Detroit to work in the automotive and high-tech automation industries. He ... has held executive positions at Grimes Aerospace (now Honeywell), Valcor, Aeroquip-Vickers, Mannesmann, Bosch and Norgren. Mr. Lundquist also founded WebAxia, Inc., an online based business focused on website effectiveness, as well as co-founding Petronom+Hydronom, LLC, a distributor of water purification and combustion engine fuel enhancement devices. He is a mentor to Detroit's TechTown and Ann Arbor SPARK, two high tech business incubators; and sits on the advisory boards of multiple firms. Mr. Lundquist serves as a Director of Halberd Corp. He is also an Executive Faculty Member of Wayne State University's E2detroit Entrepreneurship Program, an instructor for the University of Michigan's entrepreneurship immersion programs, and a contributing business writer to Michigan SmallTech, the state's micro- and nanotechnology association. Mr. Lundquist studied astrophysics and engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and has a Degree in Mechanical Engineering.

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...08&ric=HALB.OB

Guru
    11-06-2009, 11:48 AM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    We've been talking about Ocean Frieght for awhile. I bought in 6 weeks ago and I'm down about 20% right now.

So......what are we looking for in this stock?

Bill, you're looking to buy in. I'm just curious about your reasons for thinking we may see a rise in price anytime soon.
    Here goes, Chuck... I am so familiar with dry shipping stocks that it is ridiculous. If you go back and look at the charts on all of these over the course of the last year or two you will see that they gap up or gap down very frequently. The gapping is their nature.

If the boats are down, then nothing is moving. They are probably the best indicator of our economy, of any stocks.

OCNF was getting down to March pricing a few days ago, when they were a give away. Look at the stock prices for the last two years. Also take a look at the pricing on SBLK, DRYS, FREE and see how they are doing comparatively. I just really believe that a buck for OCNF is really a steal.

If I had 5 grand today or yesterday, then I would throw it into OCNF, however, that is just me. I have owned these stocks many many times and they are second nature at this point.

O.K., they are down now, but time is essential for these to make more money. They generally run fast when they run. I posted a PR for OCNF and on the 12th? there is coming a conference call:

OceanFreight Inc. Announces Date for the Release of Third Quarter 2009 Results, Conference Call and Webcast
    Date : 11/03/2009 @ 10:55AM
    Source : MarketWire
    Stock : OceanFreight Inc. (OCNF)
    Quote : 1.0 -0.02 (-1.96%) @ 10:45AM

OceanFreight Inc. Announces Date for the Release of Third Quarter 2009 Results, Conference Call and Webcast

ATHENS, GREECE -- (Marketwire) -- 11/03/09 -- OceanFreight Inc. (NASDAQ: OCNF), a global provider of seaborne transportation services, today announced that it will release its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2009 after the close of the market in New York on Tuesday, November 10th, 2009. On Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 at 8:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time EST, the Company's management will host a conference call to discuss the results.

Conference Call details:

Participants should dial into the call 10 minutes before the scheduled time using the following numbers: 1 866 819 7111 (US Toll Free Dial In), 0800 953 0329 (UK Toll Free Dial In) or +44 (0) 1452 542 301 (Standard International Dial In). Please quote "OceanFreight."

A telephonic replay of the conference call will be available until November 18th, 2009 by dialing 1 866 247 4222 (US Toll Free Dial In), 0800 953 1533 (UK Toll Free Dial In) or +44 (0) 1452 550 000 (Standard International Dial In). Access Code: 7445162#.

Slides and audio webcast:

There will also be a simultaneous live webcast over the Internet through the OceanFreight Inc. website (www.oceanfreightinc.com). Participants to the live webcast should register on the website approximately 10 minutes prior to the start of the webcast.

About OceanFreight Inc.

OceanFreight Inc., is an owner and operator of both drybulk and tanker vessels that operate worldwide. As of the day of this release, OceanFreight owns a fleet of 12 vessels, comprising of 8 drybulk vessels (2 Capesize, 6 Panamaxes) and 4 crude carrier tankers (1 Suezmax, 3 Aframaxes) with a combined deadweight tonnage of about 1.2 million tons.

OceanFreight Inc.'s common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Market where it trades under the symbol "OCNF." Visit our website at www.oceanfreightinc.com.

Forward-Looking Statement

Matters discussed in this release may constitute forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements reflect our current views with respect to future events and financial performance and may include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements, which are other than statements of historical facts.

The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon various assumptions, many of which are based, in turn, upon further assumptions, including without limitation, management's examination of historical operating trends, data contained in our records and other data available from third parties. Although OceanFreight Inc. believes that these assumptions were reasonable when made, because these assumptions are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control, OceanFreight Inc. cannot assure you that it will achieve or accomplish these expectations, beliefs or projections.

Important factors that, in our view, could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements include the strength of world economies and currencies, general market conditions, including changes in charterhire rates and vessel values, changes in demand that may affect attitudes of time charterers to scheduled and unscheduled drydocking, changes in OceanFreight Inc.'s operating expenses, including bunker prices, dry-docking and insurance costs, or actions taken by regulatory authorities, potential liability from pending or future litigation, domestic and international political conditions, potential disruption of shipping routes due to accidents and political events or acts by terrorists.

Risks and uncertainties are further described in reports filed by OceanFreight Inc. with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.

Visit our website at www.oceanfreightinc.com.

Investor Relations/Media:

Nicolas Bornozis

Capital Link, Inc. (New York)

Tel: +1-212-661-7566

E-mail: oceanfreightinc@capitallink.com

Page 10 of 30 ... 8910111220 ...