01-27-2012, 08:12 PM #1

Dish Network Sirius used by other devices?

Newbie here so please don't beat me up too bad! I have dish network for TV service and it comes with Sirius XM music channels. I have two vehicles that both have built in Sirius-XM radios. Can I use the dish network subscription in some way to listen to sat radio in the car, or do I have to buy new subscriptions directly from SiriusXM? If yes, how do I do
    that?

▶sirius xm dish network in car◀

Head Honcho
    01-27-2012, 08:23 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by aggst1 View Post
    Can I use the dish network subscription in some way to listen to sat radio in the car, or do I have to buy new subscriptions directly from SiriusXM?
    You would have to buy a separate new subscription directly from Sirius XM.

If yes, how do I do that?
    If your cars have Sirius XM radios built in, the number to call and activate should be displayed or broadcasted when you try to switch on the satellite option. Have you ever tried to switch it on? The number and directions to subscribe should be there.

You could always call them directly through their website but, you'll have to know information about your car to activate the radio. It might be easier to do it from the car. To be honest, I have never activated an in dash factory radio.

You can find their online activation form here; https://care.siriusxm.com/newaccount...oForm=listener

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forums!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-27-2012, 10:01 PM #3
    Thanks Charles. I was just on the SiriusXM site and found out that I will need two different subscriptions since one of my cars has Sirius and the other has XM radio. I guess this means that I can't get any discounts for having two radios? I will call them to make sure, but if this is true, they just lost a potential subscriber... In that case, I will just use my iphone and stream Pandora or radio stations from around the world and won't cost me a penny.

Head Honcho
    01-28-2012, 12:33 AM #4
    I guess this means that I can't get any discounts for having two radios? I will call them to make sure, but if this is true, they just lost a potential subscriber.
    You're in luck, they just recently started offering cross platform discounts... I wrote about it the other day http://siriusbuzz.com/finally-sirius...-discounts.php
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder