04-30-2012, 11:53 AM #1

Am I being scammed?

I am getting a business account and since I am in Florida I have to go through a third party.

This third party wants to charge me $259 for a sirius sv6 receiver, saying that receiver is commercial grade and anything I get myself will die in 3 months.

They also told me they can't activate my siriusxm onyx receiver because it is not compatible with business service.

Am I being scammed? Please help!

Head Honcho
    04-30-2012, 11:58 AM #2
    I would talk to SiriusXM. Their website shows a "business package" that uses a simple sportster radio for a lot less money http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...0&oldParentID=

I have had my sportster for 6 years and it still works perfectly fine. It's not sexy but, it works.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-30-2012, 12:12 PM #3
    Unfortunately Sirius is the one who directed me to them. They said since I am in Florida I have to go through them.

The rep said a normal radio isn't meant to be played for 8-10 hours a day, but the SV6 is.

Head Honcho
    04-30-2012, 12:26 PM #4
    Strange, considering you can buy that business package directly from their website.

I wish I could help you but, to be honest, I don't know anything about the business subscription.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-30-2012, 12:43 PM #5
    Yeah I thought so as well, but when I called sirius the first thing they asked was what state I was in. When I said Florida she gave me another number and said I had to call them for business plans.

Oh well, thanks for the quick replies.

Banned
    05-22-2012, 10:07 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    I am getting a business account and since I am in Florida I have to go through a third party.

This third party wants to charge me $259 for a sirius sv6 receiver, saying that receiver is commercial grade and anything I get myself will die in 3 months.

They also told me they can't activate my siriusxm onyx receiver because it is not compatible with business service.

Am I being scammed? Please help!
    To put it simply, YES you are being scammed. Private Message me if you need help getting this fixed but you can easily get one activated for your business account and would not need to worry about it "die in 3 months"! Thats just foolish and the guy is trying to play around with you mate.

--Danny

Head Honcho
    05-23-2012, 01:12 AM #7
    Why does everyone need to PM you? Why can't you discuss the problems/solutions right on the public board?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    05-23-2012, 10:13 AM #8
    Because I did not know the volume of individuals having certain issues and some people prefer to discuss the specifics of their issues in public.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Why does everyone need to PM you? Why can't you discuss the problems/solutions right on the public board?

05-28-2012, 10:58 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post

Now I know why "banned" is listed under his username! Good move on your part. Great forum here. I wish I knew of this many years ago as we've been Sirius subscribers since 2005 (lifetime of course). I'll be visiting here often ........ Thanks