Page 2 of 2 12
    Mentor
    12-18-2009, 11:27 AM #11

No Big Surprise Today

Anyone who has been following this forum the past month should NOT be surprised by today's trading action!

It is why I specifically and intentionally posted the "Options Expiration Calendar" earlier in the month . . .

Today is a "Quadruple Witching Friday" with index rebalancing thrown in for good measure . . . either BUY today or maybe even MONDAY or go out and do some Christmas shopping . . .

Today's trading price is a total non-event to me . . . we will either see late day buy-backs to close above $0.60 or . . . if the Officer's are dumping some of their vested options today (something else you should already know if you follow this thread) . . . we may not see buybacks until Monday or Tuesday.

Today is merely a great trading opportunity!

DYODD
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 12-18-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Mentor
    12-18-2009, 01:02 PM #12
    No doubt in my mind now that Officer's are dumping vested shares today . . . look for the filing to follow

Key will be to hold $0.58 today . . if we hold $0.58 . . look for buybacks on Monday (or maybe even late today) due to "oversold" signal
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 12-18-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Mentor
    12-18-2009, 01:09 PM #13

Insider Dara Altman Selling Shares

FORM 4 [ ] Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).

UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    Washington, D.C. 20549

STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES

OMB APPROVAL
    OMB Number: 3235-0287
    Expires: February 28, 2011
    Estimated average burden
    hours per response... 0.5

Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Section 17(a) of the Public
    Utility Holding Company Act of 1935 or Section 30(f) of the Investment Company Act of 1940

1. Name and Address of Reporting Person *

Altman Dara F 2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol

SIRIUS XM RADIO INC. [ (SIRI) ] 5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer (Check all applicable)

_____ Director _____ 10% Owner
    __ X __ Officer (give title below) _____ Other (specify below)
    EVP & Chief Admin. Officer
    (Last) (First) (Middle)

1221 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS 3. Date of Earliest Transaction (MM/DD/YYYY)

12/15/2009
    (Street)

NEW YORK, NY 10020
    (City) (State) (Zip) 4. If Amendment, Date Original Filed (MM/DD/YYYY)

6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)

_ X _ Form filed by One Reporting Person
    ___ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person

Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
    1.Title of Security
    (Instr. 3) 2. Trans. Date 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 3. Trans. Code
    (Instr. 8) 4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
    (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s)
    (Instr. 3 and 4) 6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
    Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price

Common Stock 12/15/2009 S 43230 (1) D $0.6076 1010180 D
    Common Stock 35512 I By 401(k) Plan

Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned ( e.g. , puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
    1. Title of Derivate Security
    (Instr. 3) 2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Trans. Date 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 4. Trans. Code
    (Instr. 8) 5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
    (Instr. 3, 4 and 5) 6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security
    (Instr. 3 and 4) 8. Price of Derivative Security
    (Instr. 5) 9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
    Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares

Explanation of Responses:
    ( 1) Shares of common stock sold are equal to federal and state taxes due on December 15, 2009 as the result of the vesting of the restricted stock units and the related brokerage commission on the sale.

Reporting Owners

Reporting Owner Name / Address Relationships
    Director 10% Owner Officer Other
    Altman Dara F
    1221 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS
    NEW YORK, NY 10020

EVP & Chief Admin. Officer

Signatures

/s/Patrick L. Donnelly, attorney in fact 12/16/2009
    ** Signature of Reporting Person Date

Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
    * If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 4(b)(v).
    ** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations. See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
    Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
    Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB control number.

Mentor
    12-18-2009, 01:24 PM #14
    hard bounce off $0.58 . . classic example of why MACD is a lagging indicator

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    12-18-2009, 02:25 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    hard bounce off $0.58 . . classic example of why MACD is a lagging indicator
    And what a nice bounce that was. Already back up to 59.5

Thanks for the information on expirations and whatnot today. I really appreciate your insight on these matters.

Could you please call Mel and ask him to get the price up to 78 cents next week? I was hoping Julie would do that. But, she doesn't seem to have had lunch with him this week.

Thanks,
    Chuck

12-18-2009, 04:09 PM #16
    You know better!!!

Julie
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 02-01-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Mentor
    12-18-2009, 05:03 PM #17
    All things considered . . . $0.597 is not that bad a close . . . especially if officers unloaded vested shares today for tax purposes!

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    12-18-2009, 05:05 PM #18
    All things considered . . . $0.597 is not that bad a close . . . especially if officers unloaded vested shares today for tax purposes!
    That is a stronger finish than I was expecting! Now, let's hope for a little Christmas week rally!!!!

Mentor
    12-19-2009, 10:17 AM #19

Cleaning-up this Jackass' Mess . . . ooh-fah!

Technical Review of SIRI

Charts of Sirius XM Radio are sliced and diced.

Friday December 18, 2009 12:39 PM PST

By James E Brumley

The broad market is on pace to end the week with a fizzle, and flat with Friday's close. A few select stocks, however, appear as if they're just now starting to build some trade-worthy momentum. Here's a more detailed look at Anadys Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANDS), Sirius XM Radio Inc. (NASDAQ:SIRI), and AMCORE Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMFI). All three are likely near-term movers, though only one of them bullishly.

I was a huge fan of Sirius XM Radio Inc. (NASDAQ:SIRI) as long as its key support line remained intact. Well, as of early December, support has been broken, and things have been getting gradually worse for SIRI ever since.

You can't quite tell it from our zoomed out chart of Sirius XM Radio (which shows the scope and importance of the support line), but this isn't a mere case of SIRI drifting sideways at an inopportune time. The stock is making lower lows, with today's multi-week low coming on higher volume... on a Friday, no less.

Regarding a target, Sirius XM Radio reminds me of the old adage 'the higher they fly, the farther they fall'. Following the 600% gain from Match's low to the peak, there's a truckload of potential profit-taking waiting in the wings for SIRI. At this point, I think Sirius XM Radio shares are at least due a pullback to the first Fibonacci retracement line at $0.50 (which has been support before... in October). There's another combo line at $0.33.

SRK's Note: Hello? Hello?? Earth to James . . . did you ever hear of Options Expiration Friday you Putz? . . . . Quadruple Witching Friday? . . . How 'bout the tax sale of options vested to Officers on 12/18? This guy is almost as dumb as Scott Moritz . . . hell, I look at that chart and see "OVERSOLD" . . . . maybe it's just me - LOL - what a maroone this guy is!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 12-19-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Mentor
    12-20-2009, 04:25 AM #20
    Technical Review of SIRI

Charts of Sirius XM Radio are sliced and diced.

Friday December 18, 2009 12:39 PM PST

By James E Brumley

The broad market is on pace to end the week with a fizzle, and flat with Friday's close. A few select stocks, however, appear as if they're just now starting to build some trade-worthy momentum. Here's a more detailed look at Anadys Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANDS), Sirius XM Radio Inc. (NASDAQ:SIRI), and AMCORE Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMFI). All three are likely near-term movers, though only one of them bullishly.

I was a huge fan of Sirius XM Radio Inc. (NASDAQ:SIRI) as long as its key support line remained intact. Well, as of early December, support has been broken, and things have been getting gradually worse for SIRI ever since.

You can't quite tell it from our zoomed out chart of Sirius XM Radio (which shows the scope and importance of the support line), but this isn't a mere case of SIRI drifting sideways at an inopportune time. The stock is making lower lows, with today's multi-week low coming on higher volume... on a Friday, no less.

Regarding a target, Sirius XM Radio reminds me of the old adage 'the higher they fly, the farther they fall'. Following the 600% gain from Match's low to the peak, there's a truckload of potential profit-taking waiting in the wings for SIRI. At this point, I think Sirius XM Radio shares are at least due a pullback to the first Fibonacci retracement line at $0.50 (which has been support before... in October). There's another combo line at $0.33.

SRK's Note: Hello? Hello?? Earth to James . . . did you ever hear of Options Expiration Friday you Putz? . . . . Quadruple Witching Friday? . . . How 'bout the tax sale of options vested to Officers on 12/18? This guy is almost as dumb as Scott Moritz . . . hell, I look at that chart and see "OVERSOLD" . . . . maybe it's just me - LOL - what a maroone this guy is!
    Dude's looking at the wrong fibonacci - it's the 0.60 that was more important, which matches price support... and that one was broken, so the next line to look for is 0.57, which also has about 5-6 recent hits on it. His TA is pretty simplistic. Also, just because a stock has rallied doesn't mean that it's "time for it to cut back", it's like the argument "it can't go lower than ###... that's always a crock, how many folks didn't think SIRI could go lower than $4. Then $3, then $1, then $0.50.... anyway, I don't think the guy is the best TA artist out there. I'm certainly not, but he doesn't take much into consideration - if he did, he'd... never mind... no need to spend all night with it.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 12-21-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typo, meant 0.57, 0.54 after that

Page 2 of 2 12