09-17-2007, 05:17 PM #1

Ideas of channel types.

I'm so glad I found sirius buzz.
    I got my Stilletto 100 and love it. My first satellite radio.
    Programming is excellent. But this is an idea sharing community so I'd like to get input on some other programs I would like to see.

1. An all live channel; many genres all live. I love seeing dates and locations of the performance. It'd be nice to preview bands on tour or remember a show you attended. If popular, I'm sure micro genres "live" would be demanded.
    2. Festival Channel; Bonaroo, coachella, langerado, etc. Great times, let's relive them and reminisce(spelling?)
    3. Dub channel; multi-genre style. Mainly instrumental studio work. Bombay Dub Orchestra to Easy Star All Stars(Dub Side of the Moon and Radiodread fame)
    4. Extreme sports radio: Fuel and Espn X have made 24 hr. programming. Featured sports:surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, motox, bmx, live contests and results, interviews, trivia, news, etc.

Anyway, That's all I could really come up with. Everything else is pretty much satisfactory.

Let me know what ya think!

Addict
    09-17-2007, 05:59 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by panamajackson5 View Post

1. An all live channel; many genres all live. I love seeing dates and locations of the performance. It'd be nice to preview bands on tour or remember a show you attended. If popular, I'm sure micro genres "live" would be demanded.
    I absolutely love this idea. All concerts, all the time.

Head Honcho
    09-25-2007, 09:36 PM #3
    It would be great to see them do this for each and every genre.

I wish they would listen to some of the ideas on this forum. Its like they have a free focus group...why not use it?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-03-2007, 04:40 PM #4
    how about an all-commercial channel? give it a month or so and try to see if does any good. any subsequent success would pave the way for infomercial channel. lol. i'm just kidding.

a channel i'd like to see is a national geographic channel of sorts where you get to listen interesting facts all day, every day and maybe a general information channel. god knows disc jockeys plug-in random tidbits like that all the time, why not make a channel out of it? but the current content and set of channel sirius has is pretty good for me already; to each his own, i suppose.

02-09-2008, 07:46 AM #5
    How about a Southern Rock station, we have most of other rock cover, Would like all Soiuthern Rock, Have a weekly show of live concerts and another of Up and coming SRB's..... Just my 2 cents worth...