Page 3 of 6 12345 ...
    03-25-2010, 03:16 PM #21
    Hi Guys,

Wanted to say hi to my buds at Market watch, Jeff, LosTib, Atm,
    m.i.a. Bill and all.
    You guys are awesome, always enjoy reading your posts.
    Hope all is well.

I'm starting to thaw out here in Michigan.

Take care,
    Julie

Mentor
    03-25-2010, 08:34 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hey Dr. D, everybody ... So good to have some life back here I can't begin to tell you ... With things so dormant the draw ends up being over on the shrub of endless spin and mindless chatter, poor grammar and below, way below avg. I.Q ... I digress ...

Don't pay any attention to the charts to be honest, but there seems to be a lot of potential with what these guy's have staked. The biggest ... hope, is a JV with Vale, a huge mining operation, the caveat and association being that they have staked all around KAT's claims. Will post anything worthy as it comes along ...

Check $heffs board, under the ibox - He has a good list. This is one of the very few boards over there worth it's weight, being a premium board most of the crap is eliminated ...

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...?board_id=9413

CSLI - Yeah, very interesting yesterday that huge spike in volume. Most day's this thing can sit dormant for an hour before any movement at all. Maybe not so dark after all ...

Managed to get out of VCTY yesterday. Had a higher SP for awhile, avg. down a week or so ago and missed a little bump the same day that would have cleared me past commissions ... So I had it in mind that no matter what I would bail next chance I could. The shrub's picked up some news earlier in the day and it didn't do much, then with about 15 minutes before the close the same news got picked up by the mainstream, for instance Etrade, and it started running up ... It was moving up fast and I started second guessing, went back in to cancel my sell and it had already hit ... Happy to get it out but of course I am expecting it to take off again this morning ... Oh well, will see if it was the right move or not ...
    Don't pay attention to the charts???? Who are you talking too? Blasphemy!!! That's like asking Warren Buffett to ignore the PE or a shrubber to ignore the PR!, lol, or better yet, asking a pumper shrubber to ignore a basher shrubber.

Getting out of VCTY was a good call, that spike had no real volume. Good that your sell was triggered.

But... going back to CSLI, see how VCTY had that volume spike in early feb during it's flat period before the 8th? Then it takes off later. I've seen it quite a bit in other charts. No reason for me to buy - yet.... but if there does come a day in the next week or so, where there is a spike on similar volume... then I'm in. I'll keep watching, lol. Though, I"d like to see VCTY's chart remain flatter for a while, then maybe come across another one of those mystery high volume, but nothing days.

Mentor
    03-25-2010, 08:36 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Hi Guys,

Wanted to say hi to my buds at Market watch, Jeff, LosTib, Atm,
    m.i.a. Bill and all.
    You guys are awesome, always enjoy reading your posts.
    Hope all is well.

I'm starting to thaw out here in Michigan.

Take care,
    Julie
    It should be summer there now huh?

03-25-2010, 10:13 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    It should be summer there now huh?
    Well Dr. Dave, depends on what your definition of summer is.

The dictionary defines summer as 'The season the sun shines most directly' If you consider temperatures in the low 40's today (talking REALLY low, 41) than
    ya I guess it is summer here in Michigan. Ignore that it will go down
    to the 22 tonight. Never mind that my fireplace is blazing, disregard that
    the Propane guy made his weekly visit today. And that the ice scrapper
    still sits on the front seat of my car, ready to be called to action.

Waiting for the heat wave on Saturday. Projected high 51.
    Summer, I love it.

Julie

btw, enjoy reading your posts Dr.Dave. And those charts of yours
    sure do have a lot of pretty colors in them.

Mentor
    03-25-2010, 11:51 PM #25
    Yeah, that looks like it can still pick up and run tommorrow.

I"m at the margin zone at the moment, but I could switch out.

Glad to hear your still daytrading like a mad man. Looked like a couple of dark days for SIRI, hope you came out ok, I'm hoping that hit into the 0.70's was the minor C.
    if its the minor c, this has got alot of potential.

Mentor
    03-26-2010, 03:02 AM #26
    Let's hope so my friend, let's hope so...

I haven't looked at those charts in a long time, been busy at work juggling a lot of stuff -

appears there's a hammer on faz, so I'm going to look at a bunch of general stuff tonight.

Mentor
    03-26-2010, 08:30 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    How's everyone doing!! Been away for some time, not alot in the pot right now. Sold all my Siri at 1.04 except for about 1000 free shares just to play with. I sold all of the others @ a loss, qasp, bcle and the like. Like most others I'm sitting on 2.3mm of miggle that is pretty much a waste. I did keep the behl and added about 100k on the sub penny dip. I think they have alot going on but it will take some time to come to life, we shall see. I'm really upset I did not have the balls to buy 5K worth of Ford when it was 1.80, my wife said she was not comfortable with that, I obviously have not learned to just ignore her

Though not too busy in here I'm glad to see everyone is well!! Good luck to all.
    All right! Nice work ATM, I hear you loud and clear about Ford, had watched it for so long, hedging and being wishy-washy ... of course I didn't really have any money back then either ... - Great to hear from you geek, don't be a stranger!

Mentor
    03-26-2010, 08:59 AM #28
    Don't pay attention to the charts???? Who are you talking too? Blasphemy!!! That's like asking Warren Buffett to ignore the PE or a shrubber to ignore the PR!, lol, or better yet, asking a pumper shrubber to ignore a basher shrubber.

Getting out of VCTY was a good call, that spike had no real volume. Good that your sell was triggered.

But... going back to CSLI, see how VCTY had that volume spike in early feb during it's flat period before the 8th? Then it takes off later. I've seen it quite a bit in other charts. No reason for me to buy - yet.... but if there does come a day in the next week or so, where there is a spike on similar volume... then I'm in. I'll keep watching, lol. Though, I"d like to see VCTY's chart remain flatter for a while, then maybe come across another one of those mystery high volume, but nothing days.
    That's pretty funny ... One of these days I will get some sort of grasp on "all those pretty colors" - But I certainly do pay attention to the volume and have L2 up, which, by the way has it's own set of hues and tones ... One of these days I am going to write the proverbial, tell-all, Penny World Psychology Manual - I already have chapter titles:

Renewable Energy: How to beat a shrub and produce methane. Or, bring your hip-waders and a gas mask.

Grammar 101: Spelin' is Four Ciseys

Charts: All Those Pretty Colors!

I think you absolutely have something there on those mystery volume days, we had it recently with the great "Q" making a steady increase until the rug got pulled out from under us with that AS increase PR. CSLI, interesting, though it didn't continue ... That sudden rush on VCTY (albeit with no volume) and the late push of a PR ... it was actually pretty funny, the whole psychology of the board as the day ended ... These guys were in back slap\congratulations mode, "Way to go!" - "Our patience paid off!" "Tomorrow we _____" -

Mentor
    03-26-2010, 09:04 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Well Dr. Dave, depends on what your definition of summer is.

The dictionary defines summer as 'The season the sun shines most directly' If you consider temperatures in the low 40's today (talking REALLY low, 41) than
    ya I guess it is summer here in Michigan. Ignore that it will go down
    to the 22 tonight. Never mind that my fireplace is blazing, disregard that
    the Propane guy made his weekly visit today. And that the ice scrapper
    still sits on the front seat of my car, ready to be called to action.

Waiting for the heat wave on Saturday. Projected high 51.
    Summer, I love it.

Julie

btw, enjoy reading your posts Dr.Dave. And those charts of yours
    sure do have a lot of pretty colors in them.

So ... do you guys just skip over Spring time? It's sounds like you have Winter, Sub-Winter, Thaw, and then Pre-Winter. Is that about right?

Mentor
    03-27-2010, 06:54 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    So ... do you guys just skip over Spring time? It's sounds like you have Winter, Sub-Winter, Thaw, and then Pre-Winter. Is that about right?
    LT

Too damn funny! sorry Julie...it really is funny!!!

But I think it actually is Post-Winter instead of Sub-Winter!

Jeff

Page 3 of 6 12345 ...