Page 16 of 24 ... 61415161718 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-26-2009, 10:03 AM #151
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    It's not terrible. But, it places the concept of SIRI w/o Howard at top of mind for investors at a time when SIRI is announcing new products TODAY. It's the timing of this piece more than anything. It's not news.....the fact that Howard MAY not renew with SIRI is old info....so...why publish this article today? Howard has said on his own show that he may retire, and that was months ago! That's my point.
    Got it! You're right!

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 10:11 AM #152
    Well smart money strategy worked,got 25 mil shares in first half hour of trading and .64 is holding...looking good now for .65 or better close..
    This all normal and very bullish for next few weeks IMHO...consolidate in .60's for next leg up to .70' and test of .80's...All absent good news tho.

Guru
    08-26-2009, 10:22 AM #153
    Forgive me if this link has already been posted, but I had to post it as this is what I have been saying the last several months. Howard can take his "franchise" direct. I've also argued that HS needs to understand that many of his listeners are SIRI holders, and any action he takes that would damage our holdings, would damage is forecast subscribership. If he leaves SIRI, I for one am done with him. I feel like a little kid trying to hang around the cool kid at the playground. Enough is enough. I followed him once and that's enough.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...t_expires.html

Guru
    08-26-2009, 10:23 AM #154
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Well smart money strategy worked,got 25 mil shares in first half hour of trading and .64 is holding...looking good now for .65 or better close..
    This all normal and very bullish for next few weeks IMHO...consolidate in .60's for next leg up to .70' and test of .80's...All absent good news tho.
    Johnny - you're crazy. The "street" will have us back into the 50's in no time. It's as if there isn't enough air on Earth to pump this sucker up.

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 10:26 AM #155
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Forgive me if this link has already been posted, but I had to post it as this is what I have been saying the last several months. Howard can take his "franchise" direct. I've also argued that HS needs to understand that many of his listeners are SIRI holders, and any action he takes that would damage our holdings, would damage is forecast subscribership. If he leaves SIRI, I for one am done with him. I feel like a little kid trying to hang around the cool kid at the playground. Enough is enough. I followed him once and that's enough.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...t_expires.html

Sirius cannot and should not rely on Howard Stern as THE franchise player. The future and the strength of the company has to be more focused on improved content and delivery of that content. Putting all the eggs into one basket is a very bad way of doing business and it can be very messy when the eggs start to break.

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 10:35 AM #156
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Johnny - you're crazy. The "street" will have us back into the 50's in no time. It's as if there isn't enough air on Earth to pump this sucker up.
    I don't care if it goes back to a Nickel,i know where it will be next year!!!

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 10:36 AM #157
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Sirius cannot and should not rely on Howard Stern as THE franchise player. The future and the strength of the company has to be more focused on improved content and delivery of that content. Putting all the eggs into one basket is a very bad way of doing business and it can be very messy when the eggs start to break.
    Excellent point,Even Mcdonalds added to the Big Mac!!!

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 10:43 AM #158
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Excellent point,Even Mcdonalds added to the Big Mac!!!
    LOL Johnny.... I was thinking about adding a comment about McDonalds and the Big Mac, or Coke and Diet Coke.... But, I decided against it. And then you go and make the point for me.

I still beleive that making satelite entertainment available both in home and on your person via Ipod or other devices will be the real long range profit maker.

Diversity of entertainment will be what keeps the subscriber around also.

Addict
    08-26-2009, 10:55 AM #159
    The issue of relying on Howard or not is really not solely under SIRI's control. Howard is good for several million subscribers. If he goes, many will go with him (many will stay because they like the rest of the content). No one can predict how bad the sub loss would be in such a case, but no doubt it would be significant. SIRI has done many things to diversify its content to avoid the 'all eggs in one basket'. But, no matter what they do, the negative effect should Howard leave, remains. The only answer is to dilute the effect by adding millions more subs. Then, if Howard leaves and takes a couple of million, the effect won't be horrible. Obviously, SIRI is trying to do just that.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    08-26-2009, 11:22 AM #160
    Any word yet on Mel's "big" surprise?

Page 16 of 24 ... 61415161718 ...