Page 11 of 12 ... 9101112
    Guru
    05-01-2009, 05:57 PM #101
    im thinking seriously about loading up big time on ssccq but it will be after siri cc, and if it pops before then i dunno i might leave it be, i would like to get it below .10

Guru
    05-01-2009, 06:52 PM #102
    SMURFIT-STONE REPORTS MARCH 2009 MONTHLY OPERATING RESULTS
    • $517 million of liquidity, including cash and DIP revolving credit availability
    • Operating profits of $42 million for January 26 through March 31, 2009
    CREVE COEUR, Mo., and CHICAGO, May 1, 2009 -- Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation today reported March 2009 monthly operating results, in the monthly report filed with the Office of the Trustee.
    For the period from January 26, 2009, through March 31, 2009, the period subsequent to the bankruptcy filings, income from operations was $42 million.
    Cash increased $31 million in March. Cash was $225 million as of March 31, 2009. Additionally, the company had $292 million of availability under its DIP revolving credit commitment. Total liquidity was $517 million as of March 31, 2009, representing an increase of $38 million from the prior month.
    To view Smurfit-Stone’s March 2009 Operating Report, click here.

05-01-2009, 10:40 PM #103

Reverse Split

Anyone that is wondering, or wants to see how a stock may react after a reverse split, keep an eye on WWON.

http://www.rbr.com/radio/14299.html

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Guru
    05-01-2009, 11:27 PM #104

The BOD is my friend

The BOD is so good to me.....lol

It is simply amazing how corporations care for their shareholders. Unbelievable, but true.

So what's the hap's Jim?

I had a pretty good week except for one major item.

One of my friends died the night before last. He was 60 years old. We went to high school together and served in Vietnam together. How we ended up together there was a real coincidence. I wasn't in too great of a frame of mind yesterday. I salute him...Semper Fi. He is a great Marine!

Life moves on......

The market is really wacky....it wants to go up no matter what. I wonder how much longer it can do this without a nasty pullback.

I read that article you sent me this morning and I couldn't believe what a bunch of media propaganda that was giving Obama the credit for putting Chrysler into a bankruptcy. He didn't have shit to do with that!

Now he is moving in saying that it will be only a 60-90 day bankruptcy....give me a break! They can't even clear up the patents in that amount of time. We will be spoon feeding them again.

Anyway, OCNF and FREE had a good day today. A "GREEN" day. I am so damn tired of hearing "GREEN, GREEN, GREEN"..I am about to puke.

Give me a 426 c.i. with leaded high octane fuel and I would be the happiest person in the world!

Anyway, the Smurf stock is looking better all of the time.....I am researching it even deeper.

Have a great night and email me anytime, Jim. I appreciate it!

Bill

05-02-2009, 05:19 AM #105
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post

Give me a 426 c.i. with leaded high octane fuel and I would be the happiest person in the world!
    You and me both Bill! My uncle is buying a 69 Dart 440 drag car somewhere over by you, kinda close to denver

05-02-2009, 08:04 AM #106
    What amazes me is that you can get a much better car from Dodge/Chrysler these days -- the Charger SRT-8 -- for about 1/10th what an original Charger is going for.
    The new ones are sooooo much better at being actual cars than the originals were, there is no comparison. Just as quick, the brakes actually work, the new ones can go around corners above 10mph, quiet, and reliability is solid.
    Even in bankruptcy, I'd buy one from Dodge/Chrysler.

As for SSCCQ... nice little 16% gain we had today! Trips better be getting in soon, from the looks of things, if he wants in under $0.10.

'Stang, I'm looking at buying $100 worth of QEDN like you did. JUST to say I own 1 million shares of *something* at least once in my life.

Enjoy your weekend, everybody.

05-02-2009, 03:06 PM #107
    I would look for something other than QEDN, the volume has dried up this week. I got in a day late, and instead of it bouncing between .0001-.0002 its just flat and the volume was way down this week. It may come back but a big reason why i bought it was becuase of its high volume

As far as the new dodge srt8 their nice cars, much better daily drivers, but a real HEMI is God's motor

Mentor
    05-03-2009, 12:48 AM #108
    Bill

Sorry for your loss. Losing a good friend is hard to get over! I will keep you and his family in my prayers...BTW...thank you for your service to our country!!! Marine...huh...you dont sound so tough!!!!LOL

have a great weekend!

Jeff

Have you heard about the new movie starring Mel..."GIVE ME BACK MY...MONEY"

05-03-2009, 01:28 AM #109
    Anyway, the Smurf stock is looking better all of the time.....I am researching it even deeper.

Bill
    I decided to play the other side of the trade and bought 1M shares of gargamel!!!

Guru
    05-03-2009, 02:13 AM #110

Omg

Jim, that is too funny!

Just as long as you don't play Smurfette! She is a minor. You would hate to have a son with blue balls!

I don't know what possessed me, but I just watched SAW IV while tripping around my little places on the net. That is one of four sickest movies that I have ever seen.....it gives me a case of the willies.

I am just chatting around and squeezing people for information (people that have more than two brain cells).

WTF is going on here on this board? I don't mean that bad, but people are jumping ship and I ask for what reason? I have met so many good people here and people that are sharing and caring...I just don't understand it...I guess that I just stay out of the editorial politics, which have never interested me and mind my business in this thread.

Oh well, if it gets too screwy, I will start a cbox chat on one of my websites where stock people can come and make comments. This would be totally in non-competition with SIRI....just other stocks.

I respect this site, as it was the very first SIRI site that I thought was worth a damn. Newman is one (who I have always appreciated), Tripps (who I think is a right on guy, even if he is obstinate and a lib, lol) and the others.

On my behalf, it is realized that owning or moderating a site is a real pain in the ass. I have moderated some big and famous magic sites (as in magician, not witchcraft) and burned out and left them behind me. This is mainly because I don't like to be restrained and obligated to intangibles.

I know that Charles owns this site and I thank him and respect him for all that he has been through. A lot of times people start something because of a real love for something and then it turns into shit and they regret ever expressing and trying to perpetuate something that they are in to.

I have seen too many people condemn Charles for trying to say something in his own forum. How many forums can you say something in without restraining yourself and mouth? I guarantee you.....extremely few. I have never been chastised in this forum for saying what I want to say or how I say it.

Personally, I do not know Charles, but I am sure that he knows me from my comments here and in other parts of the forum. I just say...thanks for providing a place for people...and thanks for taking on such a tremendous load at different times.

The reason for my comments here were without previous conscious thought. It was just exacerbated by a lot of influx from other peoples' attitudes and actions recently and just now popped out.

Anyway, I will be emailing a few of you.....

GREG! PM me your email address....I have some new ones for you to look at, or anyone else that is interested.

Have a great Saturday night,

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 05-03-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Page 11 of 12 ... 9101112