Page 24 of 24 ... 14222324
    Guru
    02-07-2009, 02:37 AM #231
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    I agree with ya Tripp, if what Senator Jon Kyl said is true and not minced,
    then thats where our tax dollars are going. We need to see the details and breakdown of this bill.

I guess we should start a thread in politics to figure out were this money is going. I know the 2m for the water park in Florida was all over CNN and your favorite FOX, I think they removed that pork from the bill.

But this bailout is riddled with special interest spending, and we the tax payers need to figure out were it is going.
    Yes, this bailout is riddled with special interest spending and that is my point, anyway, that I want to know where it is going.

The water park did get axed, but how about the walking trails so you can feed squirrels and chipmunks?

Now, I want to ask, where did you come up with all of the gay/transgender/etc. etc...stuff? I would love to read that! Err, not cause I am gay, because I am not. But I would like to know about it.

I realize that one of the first bills that Obama signed was to include abortion for foreign countries at our expense, so I am not surprised about spending for gays and gay education. I would like to see the documentation that you are speaking of, for my own education. I would appreciate it.

I was asking Tripps where all of this info is and apparently neither of us has the breakdown. He is waiting for washington.gov and I am waiting to see what the breakdown really is. The more info the better, but not like the info on Echostar, lol, my brain is burned out with all the articles that say the same thing...Arghhh!

Tell me..please....anybody....why would a person be so emotional with a stock that they live and die for it? I know that lots have large investments, but for people below 50,000, why dedicate your life to this? This is less than a postage stamp stock. What is the compelling factor to hang? If a guy can buy BAC or any other good stock, why would they bet their ass on SIRI for a dollar by the end of the year? To get a dollar a share by the end of the year? Christ, I just don't get it. You make more than that on a daily basis. What is the point that I am missing? Please tell me.

I just don't get it. I admit that I am dense, but why sacrifice all for SIRI? Is that a dumb question?

If I had Ray's or Tony's shares I would bleed little dark dogs with a star in its eye, but I don't, so that is my reasoning.

Please help me understand this...........Maybe I am really missing the point.

But most of all, respect and love me in the morning, lol!

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-07-2009 at 03:22 AM.

02-07-2009, 02:43 AM #232
    I will post the link in politics!! Not sure if this writer is credible, but it looks like pork for pelosi/San-Fransico area. Thats the only part of the country that would be requesting this type of pork. If its true!!

Guru
    02-07-2009, 03:22 AM #233
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    I will post the link in politics!! Not sure if this writer is credible, but it looks like pork for pelosi/San-Fransico area. Thats the only part of the country that would be requesting this type of pork. If its true!!
    Cool...........thanks, Dread

Mentor
    02-07-2009, 04:24 AM #234
    I was really surprised that Sirius did not rally further today. I have never really seen a single day rally with Sirius. Banks? Yes, Sirius no. I figured that it would slowly climb today back to the $0.20ish range. I had a sell order for half of my position at 0.20. I did not think it would get hammered until Monday.

I guess I was wrong about the Conference Call announcment this week. I guess probably next week.

BAC had a great run today. Need to do some research over the weekend to see if I think it will hold. I didnt get much of a position, so It really wont make me much if I sell now, although $1.22 a share is not a bad gain. Wish I could get that with Sirius....

AIB had a decent run today as well, and continued in afterhours up to 3.25. Again, smaller position, but so far have 0.34 per share gain.

I guess I'll be doing a lot of banking research this weekend.

02-07-2009, 04:26 AM #235
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Yes, this bailout is riddled with special interest spending and that is my point, anyway, that I want to know where it is going.

The water park did get axed, but how about the walking trails so you can feed squirrels and chipmunks?

Now, I want to ask, where did you come up with all of the gay/transgender/etc. etc...stuff? I would love to read that! Err, not cause I am gay, because I am not. But I would like to know about it.

I realize that one of the first bills that Obama signed was to include abortion for foreign countries at our expense, so I am not surprised about spending for gays and gay education. I would like to see the documentation that you are speaking of, for my own education. I would appreciate it.

I was asking Tripps where all of this info is and apparently neither of us has the breakdown. He is waiting for washington.gov and I am waiting to see what the breakdown really is. The more info the better, but not like the info on Echostar, lol, my brain is burned out with all the articles that say the same thing...Arghhh!

Tell me..please....anybody....why would a person be so emotional with a stock that they live and die for it? I know that lots have large investments, but for people below 50,000, why dedicate your life to this? This is less than a postage stamp stock. What is the compelling factor to hang? If a guy can buy BAC or any other good stock, why would they bet their ass on SIRI for a dollar by the end of the year? To get a dollar a share by the end of the year? Christ, I just don't get it. You make more than that on a daily basis. What is the point that I am missing? Please tell me.

I just don't get it. I admit that I am dense, but why sacrifice all for SIRI? Is that a dumb question?

If I had Ray's or Tony's shares I would bleed little dark dogs with a star in its eye, but I don't, so that is my reasoning.

Please help me understand this...........Maybe I am really missing the point.

But most of all, respect and love me in the morning, lol!

Bill
    I have 7500/2.00 average

I would love to cost average down on this turkey, and almost did with the volume shorting the hell out of the stock on Friday!!!!

I just don't have anymore bullets left in the chamber for this stock right now, I am looking to get a second job right now.

I don't know why people are festering over this stock, but the timing of the merger and bad dept deal to complete the merge, is unbelievable!!!

Everyone here has worked hard for their money, (for the most part) and really believes in the product / Mel.

I will admit, this has been my most complex / researched, stock, I have ever dealt with.

AAPL/V/RIMM/CFC/NOG/ and the list goes on, where simple profit trades.
    I guess it comes down to the individual, and feelings/tempers are running high, to say the least!!

Tech Stocks for ya:~~~ MELI / if cramer does not blabber about it to much!!! / VMW / RIMM / cant think of anymore right now, its getting late, been a long week!!

If I think of any more techs, other than AAPL, I will post them for ya!!

02-07-2009, 11:15 AM #236

Wyoming is pretty breezy...

I appreciate your take Bill, and your methods really make so much sense....
    I guess the way I am looking at it is: With large shares and large volume a few cents make a big difference quickly, and we like to get in and out....
    My chance to get out on siri was Thurs.
    At the same time, all things relative, we started with little and keep building on it.
    The threads in sirius buzz have been a good thing. Great place to share the frustration of your losses and excitement of your gains. On the streets, you would be nuckingfuts for doing this...

newman, you and siriusowner had some great advice about selling Thurs and buying back in, thanks

hope we can relax a bit this weekend to gear up for Monday....

Guru
    02-07-2009, 05:16 PM #237

nuckingfuts

Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    I appreciate your take Bill, and your methods really make so much sense....
    I guess the way I am looking at it is: With large shares and large volume a few cents make a big difference quickly, and we like to get in and out....
    My chance to get out on siri was Thurs.
    At the same time, all things relative, we started with little and keep building on it.
    The threads in sirius buzz have been a good thing. Great place to share the frustration of your losses and excitement of your gains. On the streets, you would be nuckingfuts for doing this...

newman, you and siriusowner had some great advice about selling Thurs and buying back in, thanks

hope we can relax a bit this weekend to gear up for Monday..

Nuckingfuts.......that is hilarious.

Thanks, Ray, I appreciate the kind words.

Ya, this is certainly a great place for venting frustration. A lot of people need this....it is a lot better than bitch slapping the wife....haha

I am going to find some good stocks for Monday and then start all over again. I am going to look at the market and post it here. This is a critical market time and Monday will really be important to the whole scheme of things.

I like your "Cheers" Icon...way cool.

Talk with you a little later.

Guru
    02-07-2009, 07:59 PM #238
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...isodeId=217691

watch this episode plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

some of the wisest political commentary you can find and will give u some perspective.

Page 24 of 24 ... 14222324