Page 1 of 10 123 ...
    Mentor
    10-20-2009, 07:55 AM #1

Question Why has john been banned?

A little birdie tells me that my friend "john" has been banned from this site . . how does someone with almost 1,800 posts get banned?

Maybe I was given erroneous information . .

Would appreciate knowing what has happened to my friend . .

SRK

Enthusiast
    10-20-2009, 10:48 AM #2
    I have no idea if he is banned.

Enthusiast
    10-20-2009, 06:41 PM #3
    SRK

SiriusBuzz does not typically ban people, nor do we like to ban people. We always have to walk a fine line between an enjoyable forum and keeping things here to a dull roar.

John and havashka were bantering back and forth to the point where they began new threads for the sake of continuing their debate (argument). After receiving complaints, they were both penalized with a one day ban. More like spending some time in the penalty box.

They are both welcomed here. All we ask is that those that participate in these forums consider others as well. Attack threads accomplish little, use up bandwidth, and create dissent within the forum community. They can debate, but let's keep it all within reason.

Before being sent to the "penalty box", both were contacted and asked to settle down. SiriusBuzz bans very few people.

Head Honcho
    10-20-2009, 07:28 PM #4
    Siriusbuzz has never banned anyone... other then spammers. John was not banned.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    10-20-2009, 11:37 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Osborne View Post
    SRK

SiriusBuzz does not typically ban people, nor do we like to ban people. We always have to walk a fine line between an enjoyable forum and keeping things here to a dull roar.

John and havashka were bantering back and forth to the point where they began new threads for the sake of continuing their debate (argument). After receiving complaints, they were both penalized with a one day ban. More like spending some time in the penalty box.

They are both welcomed here. All we ask is that those that participate in these forums consider others as well. Attack threads accomplish little, use up bandwidth, and create dissent within the forum community. They can debate, but let's keep it all within reason.

Before being sent to the "penalty box", both were contacted and asked to settle down. SiriusBuzz bans very few people.

Thank you gentlemen . . . I appreciate the explanation!

I have never read nor do I follow the political thread and thus have no context for what has transpired.

For the record . . . in my opinion, john is a very valuable member of the Sirius Buzz community and one of the most knowledgeable posters on all things Sirius XM. I hope that after a brief cooling-off period he will return . . as most of us have taken SB breaks from time-to-time based on personal circumstances . . but, the SB community will be less whole if he does not return.

SRK
    Loyal SB adherent since July 2008
    and friend of john
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 10-20-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Head Honcho
    10-21-2009, 10:32 AM #6
    Driving him away was never the intention.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    10-21-2009, 12:05 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post

Thank you gentlemen . . . I appreciate the explanation!

I have never read nor do I follow the political thread and thus have no context for what has transpired.

For the record . . . in my opinion, john is a very valuable member of the Sirius Buzz community and one of the most knowledgeable posters on all things Sirius XM. I hope that after a brief cooling-off period he will return . . as most of us have taken SB breaks from time-to-time based on personal circumstances . . but, the SB community will be less whole if he does not return.

SRK
    Loyal SB adherent since July 2008
    and friend of john

This was a PM from Charles:

"You have received an infraction at Sirius XM Satellite Radio Forums.

Reason: Personally addressing other users in your title AGAIN.
    -------
    Your ban will be lifted in 48 hours. Next time the penalty will be 1 week.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=54582
    Well take a listen to what he believes is what really is going to happen when the government gets control of your health care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7Y0TOBuG4

Unbelievable isn't it.
    All the best,
    Sirius XM Satellite Radio Forums"

There was nothing wrong with that title it was used as to refer to what havashka had said about that guy it was used to show even havashka thinks that guy is worth reading. There was nothing insulting in the title. You went way to far and that is it for me. As asked before if it is at all possible to remove me from the registry please do so. A email response to that will be enough, thank you.

Charles, you remind me of the school board that suspended that 6 year old for a month for having a spork with a diny knife attached or that 17 year old that had a 2 inch pocket knife IN HIS TRUNK as part of his servival kit, all because of a zero tolerance policy.

Charles, you better get some common sense before this site gos from a ghost town to a dead zone.

I would not have even needed to reply here if you would have let one of the 2 responses in the main page articles comment section stand without being deleted. Then again I suppose Blabla Booye argurment with that other poster was more relevant then my comment to the article WHICH YOU LEFT, yea right.

Head Honcho
    10-21-2009, 01:21 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by john
    There was nothing wrong with that title it was used as to refer to what havashka had said about that guy it was used to show even havashka thinks that guy is worth reading. There was nothing insulting in the title. You went way to far and that is it for me.
    There was nothing wrong except that I had asked you on a couple of occasions before to stop doing it and that I was getting emails from forum members asking me to do something about you guys... which by the way RARELY ever happens with anyone else.

I dont know why you are so upset over a cool down period but I had asked you both and had been acknowledged by both and you forced my hand. You think I want to have to deal with this kind of stuff? For me, there is nothing better then a self sufficient forum... I dont want to ever have to moderate a thing and have RARELY had to in the past 3 years.

As asked before if it is at all possible to remove me from the registry please do so. A email response to that will be enough, thank you.
    It is not possible.

Charles, you remind me of the school board that suspended that 6 year old for a month for having a spork with a diny knife attached or that 17 year old that had a 2 inch pocket knife IN HIS TRUNK as part of his servival kit, all because of a zero tolerance policy.
    Is a cool down ban for a few hours really the same thing? Seems a little dramatic and a bad analogy. You are talking about the letter of the law here... no one told the kid not to bring the knife or gave him a warning... I did ask you to stop and you did acknowledge that.

I would not have even needed to reply here if you would have let one of the 2 responses in the main page articles comment section stand without being deleted.
    Off topic comments on the articles is frowned upon and you are told directly above where you are making the comment, that off topic questions or concerns are for the forums. I am sorry you have a problem with the very few and lenient rules we have here.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    10-21-2009, 02:36 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    There was nothing wrong except that I had asked you on a couple of occasions before to stop doing it and that I was getting emails from forum members asking me to do something about you guys... which by the way RARELY ever happens with anyone else.

I dont know why you are so upset over a cool down period but I had asked you both and had been acknowledged by both and you forced my hand. You think I want to have to deal with this kind of stuff? For me, there is nothing better then a self sufficient forum... I dont want to ever have to moderate a thing and have RARELY had to in the past 3 years.

It is not possible.

Is a cool down ban for a few hours really the same thing? Seems a little dramatic and a bad analogy. You are talking about the letter of the law here... no one told the kid not to bring the knife or gave him a warning... I did ask you to stop and you did acknowledge that.

Off topic comments on the articles is frowned upon and you are told directly above where you are making the comment, that off topic questions or concerns are for the forums. I am sorry you have a problem with the very few and lenient rules we have here.

Only to show what a twit you are.

First, the post before had his name used as an insult there was a total difference between that one and the last one you banned me for. The name was necessary because of the topic, being that he was the one that said that guy was worth reading it was a way to get the people that believe what havashka believed to listen to just what that guy has also said on a different topic.

Now as for emails, I was also one that sent you a PM that said to take care of all the new threads he was putting up and that if you did not take care of it then I will also do what he was doing. So that havashka propraganda was not the only thing that was at the top of the POLITICAL section. YOU DID NOTHING, WHICH FORCED ME TO DO SOMETHING. The correct way to handle that would have been for you to have stopped havashka from doing what he was doing and then I would have stopped. BECAUSE HE WAS THE ONE WHO FIRST DID IT AND THE ONLY REASON I WAS DOING IT, YOU TWIT. I have also gotten emails and PMs myself Charles, many on why they left and that was because of YOU.

Next as talked about before it was because his name was used in the title in an insulting way that was what I agreed to and said I would not do again. The title I used his name again in the last time was not done in a insulting way at all.

Finally who are you trying to kid. You just and I mean just removed the BahBah Booey arguement with that other poster, WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SKYDOCK. What took so long you left it up for days after you deleted mine and we are not stupid Charles you knew I would pull them up to prove that point. Otherwise you would have deleted their comments at the same time you deleted mine and not just a few minutes ago. As a matter of fact if you would have I would have not brought the subject up. Then again I know of at least several other articles I could go to to find way off topic comments that where left up in other articles. Do you want to go back and also delete them NOW also.

Head Honcho
    10-21-2009, 02:53 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Only to show what a twit you are.

First, the post before had his name used as an insult there was a total difference between that one and the last one you banned me for. The name was necessary because of the topic, being that he was the one that said that guy was worth reading it was a way to get the people that believe what havashka believed to listen to just what that guy has also said on a different topic.
    It was not only insults that we discussed. I had mentioned that if you want to address someone personally, that is what private messages are for. No one here is so naive that we would believe you were looking to engage Havashka in a friendly conversation.

Now as for emails, I was also one that sent you a PM that said to take care of all the new threads he was putting up and that if you did not take care of it then I will also do what he was doing. So that havashka propraganda was not the only thing that was at the top of the POLITICAL section. YOU DID NOTHING
    I did nothing because he was simply posting political threads in the political subforums. There is no rule saying you can not post political conversation in the political sub forum.

WHICH FORCED ME TO DO SOMETHING. The correct way to handle that would have been for you to have stopped havashka from doing what he was doing and then I would have stopped.
    He did nothing wrong and what he did do which was an issue, he was spoken to about. Not that this is your business. I am sorry you don't like the way we handle the forums.

BECAUSE HE WAS THE ONE WHO FIRST DID IT AND THE ONLY REASON I WAS DOING IT, YOU TWIT.
    He did it first and served his time out long before you. Did you know that?

I have also gotten emails and PMs myself Charles, many on why they left and that was because of YOU.
    You can't make everyone happy all the time. I do my best to play Switzerland but some people force me to take action. A lot of those people who have left have now left Satwaves as well... so, who was wrong about the drama that happened here?

If anyone here is leaving the site because of me, that seems strange as I have been barely here for months and months.

Finally who are you trying to kid. You just and I mean just removed the BahBah Booey arguement with that other poster, WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SKYDOCK.
    I did not remove anything. I dont know what you are referring to but I am fairly certain Spencer would not have removed anything either. Maybe it was pushed on to another page?

Then again I know of at least several other articles I could go to to find way off topic comments that where left up in other articles. Do you want to go back and also delete them NOW also.
    Some are worse than others, I clean up what I can quickly and then often go over hundreds of comments over the weekend to clean things up further. At least the guys which you are speaking about are talking about Sirius... you comment was about you being penalized on the forums and a personal gripe with me which has nothing to do with anything so, it was easy to pick up on and remove.

If you want to make a mountain out of a molehill I cant stop you john but, this is really no big deal and was never meant to be one, if there was...I would have banned you years ago when it was apparent that you would rather be an agitator.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 10 123 ...