Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    03-21-2009, 04:16 AM #1

I Need Advice On How To Raise Money To Buy More Sirius Stock

I own 16,420 shares of Sirius stock, but I don't have the money to buy significantly more shares. I'm hoping to get a quick influx of money from even cheaper penny stocks and use that money to buy more Sirius shares.

What kinds of statistics (for example, low float or high volume) are good indicators for penny stocks?

03-21-2009, 08:28 AM #2
    Investopedia has loads of articles about stuff like this. It's also a great place to learn basics if you're new to this whole thing, as am I. That link is a search at the site for articles about penny stocks.

Between reading forums where experienced people post about the fluctuations of stocks I am following and good sources of basic info, I may be able to fully understand how the stock market functions some time in the next thousand years.

Hope this helps.

03-23-2009, 11:51 AM #3
    Thank you for the link to Investopedeia. From there, I found this article very helpful: http://www.investopedia.com/articles...ennystocks.asp

Well, I now own 262,393 shares of Cascadia Investment (CDIV). I figure that if the stock price goes up by a penny, I can make $2623.93.

I found out about CDIV from the allstocks.com message board. Do you agree with the optimistic thread about CDIV? :

http://www.allstocks.com/stockmessag.../t/029314.html

Mentor
    03-23-2009, 11:57 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzo View Post
    I own 16,420 shares of Sirius stock, but I don't have the money to buy significantly more shares. I'm hoping to get a quick influx of money from even cheaper penny stocks and use that money to buy more Sirius shares.

What kinds of statistics (for example, low float or high volume) are good indicators for penny stocks?
    Learn how to trade options then. Use way less money, and can make higher percentage gains vs. owning the stock. Look for options trading on stocks between 3 and 10 dollars for the biggest bang.

Addict
    03-23-2009, 12:54 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Learn how to trade options then. Use way less money, and can make higher percentage gains vs. owning the stock. Look for options trading on stocks between 3 and 10 dollars for the biggest bang.
    I agree... just do not trade options on SIRI....

BTW Sell them do not buy them. Always, open the trade by selling the option.

Make sure you study implied volatility and all the greeks.

Trade options like this one: FAS. High yield !!! I made $950.00 in 2 days. I made a little bit above $1,000 in 1 day with AIG options!. All in all last week I made $4,500 and I am on vacation !!! not even trading !

PS: Also Wells Fargo. A little bit less yield but still a good one and Warren is its biggest investor.

Guru
    03-23-2009, 05:22 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    I agree... just do not trade options on SIRI....

BTW Sell them do not buy them. Always, open the trade by selling the option.

Make sure you study implied volatility and all the greeks.

Trade options like this one: FAS. High yield !!! I made $950.00 in 2 days. I made a little bit above $1,000 in 1 day with AIG options!. All in all last week I made $4,500 and I am on vacation !!! not even trading !

PS: Also Wells Fargo. A little bit less yield but still a good one and Warren is its biggest investor.

The question is though how much did you lose as it tumbled and your calls expired worthless. I am sure you saw this all coming and had puts though, right.

Mentor
    03-23-2009, 05:24 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    The question is though how much did you lose as it tumbled and your calls expired worthless. I am sure you saw this all coming and had puts though, right.
    Wow. You say my darkest thoughts.....

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-23-2009, 07:26 PM #8

file a really good tax return... that is my true surprise from this year... like a 2nd Christmas..... and going straight to my brokerage account...

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:39 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I write out of the money puts all the time, I from time to time write in the money calls for protection (or buy the put) and from time to time open a spread. if the puts or calls expire worthless I make money. I usually close the spreads 30 days before expiration. Single trades I let them expire. If I get assigned, I sell the stock if it makes sense. 90% of the time the options expire worthless though. If I get assigned and the stock lost so much value then I keep it and start selling covered calls. That only happened with SIRI though, although the damn calls lost so much value that by the second month they were basically worthless... and they are still worthless.

I buy options thru spreads, I have never bought a naked call or a naked put.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 03-24-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Mentor
    03-24-2009, 12:29 PM #10

Don't listen to all this options baloney,just follow THE CHURCHLADY's formula for trading,she always gets it right!!!!!LOL(tongue firmly in cheek)

Page 1 of 4 123 ...