Page 2 of 4 1234
    Guru
    06-09-2009, 08:58 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Interesting chart. Out of all those options, Sirius ranked #5 is good. Ranked
    #1 is Active Cornering Headlight System. I never heard of that, anybody?

Julie
    yes, the headlights turn slightly with the steering wheel so you can see better as your cornering.

06-09-2009, 09:18 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    yes, the headlights turn slightly with the steering wheel so you can see better as your cornering.

I understand that would be a nice option, but ranked #1 in
    importance? Not so much.

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 09:22 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    check this out. I uploaded the chart from the WSJ article. The article itself makes no mention of sat radio or Sirius XM, so not bothering with the text. In summary, it is about consumer priorities on options when buying new cars, and how low price drives choice, and high price kills consumer interest (for example, in car navigation scores high on list until the survey respondent is told how much it cost...$1500....then they drop its priority). Sat radio scores high (rank #5 out of 19 after price revealed).
    Good chart Underway,of course safety is first 3 then car entertainment,with Sat radio number 1...very good,saw internet at $30 a month was 18th..

Addict
    06-09-2009, 09:23 AM #14
    I understand that would be a nice option, but ranked #1 in
    importance? Not so much.
    Right....but it's because it's cheap. People tend to say 'throw it in' when it's cheap. Especially since most consumers buy cars off the lot these days. Used to build most cars to order in the 70s and 80s, but not today. So, when there's a car on the lot that's loaded with expensive options, people say 'next car' please. They don't want to pay $5k for hybrid when gas prices are low, they don't want to pay for 'in car' navigation for $1500. But, if sat rad is in the car, no problem! It's inexpensive and it might be pretty cool, so I'll take this nice red car over here with the cornering headlights and satellite radio!

Guru
    06-09-2009, 09:30 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Do you see BOOGIE MAN around every corner trying to get you?
    Seeing some crazy Shit Conspiracy theories out on the Net lately,my lord i think some people stay in their basements and don't get out much they are so afraid of life,or life as the net percieves it to be...This not directed at you,just putting it here for all to see..
    Maybe you'll get the reference i'm pointing at....
    whats the reference?
    Good Morning Everybody,

I watched Letterman last night. I was surprised Howard was the
    only guest. They must consider him pretty popular to book
    him for the enire show. I thought he was a great guest, very outspoken
    and really funny. It was good to see him pitching Sirius.

Julie
    I was surprised he was the only guest also, quite pleased, someone find the ratings for the show!!

Guru
    06-09-2009, 09:40 AM #16
    satellite radio is becoming a popular upgrade for vehicles, its inexpensive and people are just learning what it is...up until now most people had to get an aftermarket radio to have satrad, now they are in most new vehicles as standard equipment, we will see a rise in subs soon. Very very soon there is going to be a pop in new vehicle sales, it can't stay down for long, the vehicles on the roads are getting older every day...

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 09:54 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    check this out. I uploaded the chart from the WSJ article. The article itself makes no mention of sat radio or Sirius XM, so not bothering with the text. In summary, it is about consumer priorities on options when buying new cars, and how low price drives choice, and high price kills consumer interest (for example, in car navigation scores high on list until the survey respondent is told how much it cost...$1500....then they drop its priority). Sat radio scores high (rank #5 out of 19 after price revealed).
    Funny. SiriusXM provides the top 3 services for one low price. Wonder if people know that? Lets go tell them.... Im going to shout it out my window right now(more publicity than SiriusXM has gotten in a long time).

Addict
    06-09-2009, 09:57 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    satellite radio is becoming a popular upgrade for vehicles, its inexpensive and people are just learning what it is...up until now most people had to get an aftermarket radio to have satrad, now they are in most new vehicles as standard equipment, we will see a rise in subs soon. Very very soon there is going to be a pop in new vehicle sales, it can't stay down for long, the vehicles on the roads are getting older every day...
    Exactly. Americans love to buy new cars. Once the economy picks up, sales will spike. I think a lot of people are confusing issues with respect to the auto industry. They equate GM & Chrysler BK with 'no one wants to buy their lousy cars'. That is not true. Sure, sales have plunged to the depths, but it's about the recession and tightening credit more than it is about desirability of American cars. Toyota is also seeing HUGE loss of sales. The point is, once money starts flowing, ALL car manufacturers will see signficant improvements in sales. The GM/Chrysler debacle is more about simmering problems (union issues, exec mismanagement, etc) than it is about the current market, which has basically exposed these old problems and forced a raging forest fire to clean out the dead wood (the classic biz model during downturn). S-XM will benefit in the long run.

Enthusiast
    06-09-2009, 10:08 AM #19
    Good morning everyone. Looks like Howard made for good television, but little effect on the pps. So no app release news...bummer. Looks like 6/17 could be D day after all.

I have been looking through some of the analyst calls and comments on SIRI and they are all over the board. There seems to be no true consensus on how this company is doing or what the future holds for it's prospects. IMHO this cannot go on for much longer. With such a merger, at some point the vision of the company must be communicated because certain actions, for attainment, will start coming into play and then there is no suppressing the news. I still believe there are big things working behind the scenes and the iphone app release will be an integral building block for the vision.

Analyst are not being steered to some key product roadmap ideas as they are in some other companies, but instead are left to create their own for SXM. Analyst tend to promote market leadership and right now they are not seeing it with SXM.

The intensity is building and we will soon see it reflected in the pps. When buyers see and get the vision (if in fact there is one from SXM) then they will buy. Until then...dead calm.

Guru
    06-09-2009, 12:16 PM #20
    last time howard was on he got 3 segments too, he has scored big in rating's for letterman in the past, thats why they give him pretty much the whole show.

Page 2 of 4 1234