Page 3 of 9 12345 ...
    05-27-2011, 03:41 PM #21
    Today has to be the worst day yet . I'm at home today and listening through Dishnetwork and its skipping away . Even when I was coming home today it was really bad in the truck . As long as it took me to type this , its popped 5 times so far. Something f'd up somewhere in their uplink or sat transmission . Those techs aren't retards , obviously they must know whats going on .

05-27-2011, 03:43 PM #22
    Just to let you know , I was hearing this already , pre-channel switch ,for a while . It was rare then but noticeable. Whatever it is , it's slowly getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by vfarmer View Post
    Happening here too. I hear it mainly on 27 Deep Tracks. When I switch one channel up or down to Classic Vinyl or Spectrum, I don't hear it, neither do I hear it while listening to Stern. My guess is that they screwed something up, either with the uplink, or the downlink, when they switched the channels.

Indian tech support was no help obviously. All I need to here is, "Yeah, we know there's a problem and we're working on it", and I can live with that. Instead all I get is an earfull of "we'll send the reset signal."

I'll check some of the other reported problem channels and see if I also hear it on those. So glad I'm on a quarterly sub, this is unacceptable.

Guru
    05-27-2011, 04:21 PM #23
    Wow, that sucks. Yesterday I was in Atlanta and had to listen to regular radio. Man did that suck. Signals coming and going, scanning to find a station without country music... It's the reason sat rad is so damn good - good reception of the music you like with no interuptions or channel changing. And here you guys are having poor reception. I haven't experienced it. Is your signal good? One thing that does happen is that antennas go pretty easily. I've had to replace a bunch for my three subs. We listen to coffeehouse, spectrum and 25 classic rewind.

05-27-2011, 04:46 PM #24
    Understood about the antennas but that wouldn't explain why its the same popping in my truck as it is at home through Dishnetwork . Same channel and popping but totally different equipment . The only thing they have in common is the signal itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Wow, that sucks. Yesterday I was in Atlanta and had to listen to regular radio. Man did that suck. Signals coming and going, scanning to find a station without country music... It's the reason sat rad is so damn good - good reception of the music you like with no interuptions or channel changing. And here you guys are having poor reception. I haven't experienced it. Is your signal good? One thing that does happen is that antennas go pretty easily. I've had to replace a bunch for my three subs. We listen to coffeehouse, spectrum and 25 classic rewind.

Guru
    05-27-2011, 06:14 PM #25
    I am going to check it out myself. I see Deep Tracks, 27 as a channel cited. Any others?

Guru
    05-27-2011, 06:45 PM #26
    Yeap, heard it. My wife seems to think it is nothing, but she's easy lol.

All we can do is keep complaining. I will send a note to SIRI as well.

05-27-2011, 06:50 PM #27
    The Boneyard for sure . I noticed there are people now starting to mention this on their Facebook wall as well. Its definitely not just us

Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    I am going to check it out myself. I see Deep Tracks, 27 as a channel cited. Any others?

05-27-2011, 06:54 PM #28
    I'm having exactly the same problem. I have a BMW with Sirius. It skips on certain channels and not on others. I think there's something wrong since the shifting of channels. I listen to Deep Tracks (ch 27) and it is exactly as the OP describes. The customer service agent at Sirius as much as admitted that there' a problem.

Guru
    05-27-2011, 07:01 PM #29
    My complaint is in. Boy do they make it hard. Had to enter my account number and an ESN. I'm glad customer service is aware of the problem. They recongnize it. Now they need to get it fixed.

05-27-2011, 10:04 PM #30
    It is sooo very annoying to be driving and have it 'skip'. I am finding the issue with Channel 1-Hits 1. When I called Customer Service the girl tried to make a joke and say I was driving too fast. Um... probably not. If I wanted to listen to skips and static, I wouldn't have invested in Sirius with my new car. Sooooo peeved!! Glad to see I am not the only one experiencing this. Let's all hope for a quick fix.

Page 3 of 9 12345 ...