Page 10 of 15 ... 89101112 ...
    Guru
    12-17-2008, 09:41 AM #91
    hip hop nation only rarely plays a censored song the channel itself is not censored, i listened all day saturday and it was all original content.

12-17-2008, 06:54 PM #92
    i sent another request in for getting boombox back, strobe and backspin isn't enough. With the outrage on here for boombox to come back you would think that would be on the plate as well as way more people are talking about boombox.

12-17-2008, 07:05 PM #93

Keep up the effort

They have brought back backspin and disco channels. continue to call customer service that you want boombox to be added back. It is possible, but only if we call to express complaints.

I called the other day and emailed through the website and they put a note on my account and said they look at these notes.

Keep up the pressure!!

12-18-2008, 11:18 AM #94
    Backspin is back!! They will listen to subscribers...nice!

12-18-2008, 02:35 PM #95
    Quote Originally Posted by unt0ld View Post
    i sent another request in for getting boombox back, strobe and backspin isn't enough. With the outrage on here for boombox to come back you would think that would be on the plate as well as way more people are talking about boombox.
    You would think but I have always got the impression these types can't differentiate Boombox from BPM. Its that ectrotechno thing with the drum machines right? I fully believe its a simple matter of a lack of appreciation/understanding of the genre. They will simply chock it up to a few winers. Backspin, well that's like classic rock for hip hop right? Ok they can get their brains around that one. Strobe?, sure I know what that is. But Boombox? I mean they don't have a single Britney Spears or J-LO sample in any of those songs... yuck who wants to listen to that, BPM is SO MUCH BETTER to them. I mean me the big programming exec no understand music have no words. Too hard for Mungo to think. Me no like DJ Icey, him sound like name of popsicle.

12-19-2008, 12:12 AM #96
    You nailed it!

Some might not know Dj Icey spelled his dj name DJ Icee in the beginning but got heat from the slushy maker and changed it.
    Last edited by luvium; 12-19-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Guru
    12-19-2008, 07:43 AM #97
    ibivivivivb, you nailed it. What I can't understand is why they removed the classic rock of hip hop in the first place. I complained many times that i don't want to hear old skool on my "modern" rap channels.

Now, how many people like disco surprises me, lol, oh well.

I never heard boombox but if it is how you described you have a steep road getting it back. The best thing in my mind is to get the dj's that you liked back first. A last resort is to setup a bombarding of the BPM channel with requests I suppose.

12-19-2008, 05:28 PM #98
    the repetition on BPM is crazy. They play like the same 5 songs over and over again. What's more lame about that is the songs on BPM are just remixed pop songs (pink, kanye west). I'm seriously disappointed. I really hope boombox is on the plate to be revived.

12-20-2008, 07:58 PM #99
    Sirius announces THE STROBE... AND BACKSPIN to return!! It seems to me like the largest online buzz about Boombox... any explanation?

12-22-2008, 05:10 PM #100
    See my previous post. I don't even think they understand what Boombox even was. I fully believe they don't understand the genre enough to realize they wiped out an entire segment of it. They don't get that they just shut off all the Jazz channels and told us to go listen to the Blues Channel. Another issue may be that the Boombox listener is more Techno savvy and complained more on the internet than to the actual company that hosted the channel, so the internet outcry is large, but the actual customer outcry to the company is small. I encourage anyone that is here posting in protest to take the opportunity to inform the good people (tongue firmly in cheek) at SiriusXM of your opinion. I did and I continue to on a regular basis.

Page 10 of 15 ... 89101112 ...